In this topic we joke about buyers and sellers

psykkopatte

That is weird. I have been here in the Astrology/Psychics category since 2013 and have never had anyone want me to guess their underwear color or if I am in touch with Satan.

Maybe because I offer more astrological stuff? Who knows. Those types who ask that silly stuff can be annoying. Main thing I have been getting lately, and I do not have a Gig for it is people wanting me to tell them how their stocks or some stock will fare. While I can do this, their “budget” is usually quite low. I don’t think they realize the amount of time it would take to go over a company’s birth chart to give them a heads up on its future.

GG

Though the first type I described is more of a parody lol, there have been buyers who approach me that are scared of getting a reading, and it usually stems from having watched too many supernatural horror films where something tarot-related invariably leads to demonic possession or dismemberment and horrible death 😬.

With a little information and patience, I can at least ease those buyer’s minds, even if they ultimately decide not to buy. The horrible part is, I have been told before that Tarot and practicing divination is devil-worship, and I was harassed to the point of blocking someone off-platform for it.

And the other one, thank God, is rarer these days than it used to be, but I still get those really toxic messages about wanting to use divination to find out really personal things about someone, and most of the time, it’s a spouse or partner. While I do try to take a non-judgmental approach to questions, I hate opening a chat, and seeing it’s someone who’s asking me to find out about which friend or neighbor their SO is seeing. I usually decline on the basis that I feel it’s unethical to take those questions where it could lead to violence or harm to another. Another reason is because even though I’ve never known the cards to lie or be incorrect, I can sometimes misinterpret a message and get a description wrong.

While I can do this, their “budget” is usually quite low. I don’t think they realize the amount of time it would take to go over a company’s birth chart to give them a heads up on its future.

Oh man, a whole company’s chart 😱?! Cripes! Wouldn’t you be hunched over charts for eons? A person’s birth chart looks complicated enough, but an entire enterprise like that, I can’t even imagine.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The “I-need-a-friend” buyer : After a question about your service, they start talking about their problems, and ask for your advice, and say what they did, what they should have done, what they will do… and they chat, they chat, they chat… And suddenly they stop and you will never see them again :rofl:

The “I-need-a-friend” buyer : After a question about your service, they start talking about their problems, and ask for your advice, and say what they did, what they should have done, what they will do… and they chat, they chat, they chat… And suddenly they stop and you will never see them again :rofl:

Weirdest stuff I have ever heard lol

I actually had a buyer who was somewhat like that, maybe 2 years ago.

Here’s what happened:

I got a message, I think the guy was from the US.

I’m in Japan so clearly there is a time difference. I didn’t reply to the guy until…

I dunno, 5~6 hours later? Maybe longer?

While I was sleeping get kept sending me messages, and the last message was something like “Fine, you’re ignoring me. Good luck being successful here!”

I replied VERY politely saying sorry for being late, there is a time difference between Japan and where he lives. I also added that if he is still interested in my gigs etc, I’d be more than willing to help out.

He snaps back saying stuff like “Don’t give me the time difference bull sh*t, you don’t care about me,” he went on ranting, I think he dropped the F bomb too at one point, but I thought fine, OK, good bye.

Several weeks later he comes back saying he was sorry, he was going through some difficult times and had family problems etc etc, and that he just wanted a friend.

…uh, OK.

He also said he was interested in purchasing a gig but he never came back, so

I blocked him. The end.

I actually had a buyer who was somewhat like that, maybe 2 years ago.

Here’s what happened:

I got a message, I think the guy was from the US.

I’m in Japan so clearly there is a time difference. I didn’t reply to the guy until…

I dunno, 5~6 hours later? Maybe longer?

While I was sleeping get kept sending me messages, and the last message was something like “Fine, you’re ignoring me. Good luck being successful here!”

I replied VERY politely saying sorry for being late, there is a time difference between Japan and where he lives. I also added that if he is still interested in my gigs etc, I’d be more than willing to help out.

He snaps back saying stuff like “Don’t give me the time difference bull sh*t, you don’t care about me,” he went on ranting, I think he dropped the F bomb too at one point, but I thought fine, OK, good bye.

Several weeks later he comes back saying he was sorry, he was going through some difficult times and had family problems etc etc, and that he just wanted a friend.

…uh, OK.

He also said he was interested in purchasing a gig but he never came back, so

I blocked him. The end.

There are so many “crazy people” on the internet. And the act of chatting makes them even stronger. Besides in the field where I am (meditation music) I have the impression that there are a lot of people who would need to consult rather than listen to music. :rofl:

Though the first type I described is more of a parody lol, there have been buyers who approach me that are scared of getting a reading, and it usually stems from having watched too many supernatural horror films where something tarot-related invariably leads to demonic possession or dismemberment and horrible death 😬.

With a little information and patience, I can at least ease those buyer’s minds, even if they ultimately decide not to buy. The horrible part is, I have been told before that Tarot and practicing divination is devil-worship, and I was harassed to the point of blocking someone off-platform for it.

And the other one, thank God, is rarer these days than it used to be, but I still get those really toxic messages about wanting to use divination to find out really personal things about someone, and most of the time, it’s a spouse or partner. While I do try to take a non-judgmental approach to questions, I hate opening a chat, and seeing it’s someone who’s asking me to find out about which friend or neighbor their SO is seeing. I usually decline on the basis that I feel it’s unethical to take those questions where it could lead to violence or harm to another. Another reason is because even though I’ve never known the cards to lie or be incorrect, I can sometimes misinterpret a message and get a description wrong.

While I can do this, their “budget” is usually quite low. I don’t think they realize the amount of time it would take to go over a company’s birth chart to give them a heads up on its future.

Oh man, a whole company’s chart 😱?! Cripes! Wouldn’t you be hunched over charts for eons? A person’s birth chart looks complicated enough, but an entire enterprise like that, I can’t even imagine.

321631_2.png maegan_bertrand:

Is it that much more complicated than a person’s chart? Surely it’s just based on the date the business started. If it’s something that can be worked out/has to be written as text, why not get software to do it faster and quote that? Though maybe you’d need disclaimers if it was financially related and it might be safer not to do it in case things didn’t happen as it predicted.

Main thing I have been getting lately, and I do not have a Gig for it is people wanting me to tell them how their stocks or some stock will fare. While I can do this, their “budget” is usually quite low.

Though surely if it could be worked out just from astrology/charts surely nearly all the stock market systems would start doing that if it was a good predictor and was profitable. Or all astrologers could become millionaires/billionaires just from doing that. But they don’t seem to be doing that and the stock market systems (or vast majority) don’t do that.

The Price Matcher: A buyer who will attempt to get you to lower your price because “another seller offered to do it for less, so you should do it for the same price as them”. They expect you to offer price matching. Some may say they would be better off reading the prices stated on the seller’s gigs to stop wasting their own and the seller’s time. Perhaps they could even find a seller within their price range - or just go with the seller allegedly offering the lower price.

The Bait-and-Switcher: A seller listing a low price on their gig page in order to get buyers to click. However, they would never actually do the work at that price. Once you contact them with a job that is within the scope of one of their packages, they will admit that the price was just there to lure customers in and that the price is actually many times higher. One wonders if it would not be better to just be honest and list the actual price. (Just to avoid confusion: Here I mean people actually listing fake prices and doing false advertisement, not people with gig extras or who explain their pricing system on their gig page).

The Price Matcher: A buyer who will attempt to get you to lower your price because “another seller offered to do it for less, so you should do it for the same price as them”. They expect you to offer price matching. Some may say they would be better off reading the prices stated on the seller’s gigs to stop wasting their own and the seller’s time. Perhaps they could even find a seller within their price range - or just go with the seller allegedly offering the lower price.

The Bait-and-Switcher: A seller listing a low price on their gig page in order to get buyers to click. However, they would never actually do the work at that price. Once you contact them with a job that is within the scope of one of their packages, they will admit that the price was just there to lure customers in and that the price is actually many times higher. One wonders if it would not be better to just be honest and list the actual price. (Just to avoid confusion: Here I mean people actually listing fake prices and doing false advertisement, not people with gig extras or who explain their pricing system on their gig page).

I hate price matchers, at which moment they come and expect something for cheap… people need to eat and pay taxes and rents… I don’t get it, if money amount is setup on our gigs it means we need it.

I get some “final word” buyers every once in a while. When I decline to work on something (either before the order is placed or after it’s placed and I have to cancel), I usually leave a short polite comment of why I’m not a good fit so we’re clear on what happened and what was the problem.

And I swear, half of them just has to leave a snappy response of how I don’t know what customer service is, how my work isn’t even that good, how they’re looking for a real artist anyway. While I can’t clap back because a) what’s the point to continue the conversation, b) I don’t want to get reported for being rude.

It won’t kill you if a seller doesn’t want to work with you. If anything, that seller is taking extra care to make sure that they are not wasting your time and money and theirs. It’s good news. It’s okay to move on, it’s fine. It doesn’t make you look weak, it makes you look like an adult.

Oh, also the “Do I know who I am?” buyers. “Hello, I’m a Z-list celebrity from a small country, I’ve been on TV twice. Are you swooning yet?”

I get some “final word” buyers every once in a while. When I decline to work on something (either before the order is placed or after it’s placed and I have to cancel), I usually leave a short polite comment of why I’m not a good fit so we’re clear on what happened and what was the problem.

And I swear, half of them just has to leave a snappy response of how I don’t know what customer service is, how my work isn’t even that good, how they’re looking for a real artist anyway. While I can’t clap back because a) what’s the point to continue the conversation, b) I don’t want to get reported for being rude.

It won’t kill you if a seller doesn’t want to work with you. If anything, that seller is taking extra care to make sure that they are not wasting your time and money and theirs. It’s good news. It’s okay to move on, it’s fine. It doesn’t make you look weak, it makes you look like an adult.

Oh, also the “Do I know who I am?” buyers. “Hello, I’m a Z-list celebrity from a small country, I’ve been on TV twice. Are you swooning yet?”

Blockquote Oh, also the “Do I know who I am?” buyers. “Hello, I’m a Z-list celebrity from a small country, I’ve been on TV twice. Are you swooning yet?”

That killed me :rofl:

I don’t know what customer service is, how my work isn’t even that good, how they’re looking for a real artist anyway.

Sounds similar to the ‘nice guy’ phenomenon that’s common on dating apps.

I had The Convincer this morning: “Tell me why I should buy your gig and not find someone else on Upwork? Is fiver as good and as secure as Upwork?”

This buyer has made 20 previous fiver purchases.

I don’t know what customer service is, how my work isn’t even that good, how they’re looking for a real artist anyway.

I had The Convincer this morning: “Tell me why I should buy your gig and not find someone else on Upwork? Is fiver as good and as secure as Upwork?”

This buyer has made 20 previous fiver purchases.

Twitch DJs. #NotAll, of course, but every single one I’ve encountered through fiverr was a combination of the “nice guy” and “do you know who I am”.

And the sad thing is, I am generally very supportive of twitch DJs emerging as a widespread phenomena. If you can’t play a club due to the pandemic, it’s a clever way to keep the party going and get paid. Maybe I’m just unlucky.

Twitch DJs. #NotAll, of course, but every single one I’ve encountered through fiverr was a combination of the “nice guy” and “do you know who I am”.

And the sad thing is, I am generally very supportive of twitch DJs emerging as a widespread phenomena. If you can’t play a club due to the pandemic, it’s a clever way to keep the party going and get paid. Maybe I’m just unlucky.

I think a lot of sellers here are (understandably) worried about ratings / reviews and just accept buyers treating them badly. I so rarely see bad buyer reviews. I’d like to see private buyer feedback implemented, in the same way it is for sellers.

The Student
If you are doing strategy, you will come across an Indian indie horror movie director seeking a “creative, out of the box” marketing person… in the buyer’s request.

I gave him a long consultation (because I had the time and I was trying to be nice), he went silent… and post on the “request” again. Curious, I submit an offer to see what’s up…

And he was asking for advice on how to follow up on my previous advice.

He is using the buyer request to clear his questions for marketing strategy, eventually getting the “know-how” free of charge.

One question per BR, One question per BR… 😅

The Student

If you are doing strategy, you will come across an Indian indie horror movie director seeking a “creative, out of the box” marketing person… in the buyer’s request.

I gave him a long consultation (because I had the time and I was trying to be nice), he went silent… and post on the “request” again. Curious, I submit an offer to see what’s up…

And he was asking for advice on how to follow up on my previous advice.

He is using the buyer request to clear his questions for marketing strategy, eventually getting the “know-how” free of charge.

One question per BR, One question per BR… 😅

The One-Worder: The buyer that answers everything with one word answers.

Me: Which of my gigs would you like to order?
Buyer: Yes
Me: When do you need this project to be completed by?

The Just Checking In: The buyer who says that you can have as long as you want to work on your project, because they don’t need it until a month or so. However, almost every other day, they send you messages asking if you’ve finished their project yet. When you say no, they say “Okay, that’s fine! I’m just checking in.”

The Zombie: The buyer who seems to be awake 24-7 and responds to all of your messages right when you send them (but this is actually a good thing?).

It isn’t all that difficult - but, you would have to run different charts to see when changes would occur, which takes time. I told the person it would cost literally thousands of dollars with the financial astrologers I know, and they said, “Thousands is OK”. LOL Mind you, their list of companies they wanted me to look at was about 30 long! You are talking a lot of research. Also, not sure if that type of reading is allowed her on Fiverr anyways - as you are not supposed to sell something where you guarantee an outcome. I can only imagine you look at 30 different companies and get all but ONE right as far as their prognosis, and the buyer here would complain and try to cancel. No thanks. This person can go search the internet for financial/stock market astrologers. They exist and are not hard to find.

I think why some are fearful of the tarot is in some part media, movies or TV shows where invariably, the DEATH card seems to ALWAYS show up in readings. LOL Thing is, it always does mean a literal death in the movie or TV show - not a transition, new beginning or ending to a BAD situation the client may be facing. Heck, the Death card should be welcomed in some instances!

GG

The One-Worder: The buyer that answers everything with one word answers.

Me: Which of my gigs would you like to order?

Me: When do you need this project to be completed by?

The Just Checking In: The buyer who says that you can have as long as you want to work on your project, because they don’t need it until a month or so. However, almost every other day, they send you messages asking if you’ve finished their project yet. When you say no, they say “Okay, that’s fine! I’m just checking in.”

The Zombie: The buyer who seems to be awake 24-7 and responds to all of your messages right when you send them (but this is actually a good thing?).

The Zombie : The buyer who seems to be awake 24-7

I think I have one seller like that.

She’s in the US, I’m in Japan, there is a pretty big time difference but usually she responds within 5 minutes. She’s a regular of mine and very easy to work with so obviously I have no problems with her responding right away, but it does make me wonder when the heck she is sleeping! 😅

186817_2.png genuineguidance:

Is it that much more complicated than a person’s chart? Surely it’s just based on the date the business started. If it’s something that can be worked out/has to be written as text, why not get software to do it faster and quote that? Though maybe you’d need disclaimers if it was financially related and it might be safer not to do it in case things didn’t happen as it predicted.

Main thing I have been getting lately, and I do not have a Gig for it is people wanting me to tell them how their stocks or some stock will fare. While I can do this, their “budget” is usually quite low.

Though surely if it could be worked out just from astrology/charts surely nearly all the stock market systems would start doing that if it was a good predictor and was profitable. Or all astrologers could become millionaires/billionaires just from doing that. But they don’t seem to be doing that and the stock market systems (or vast majority) don’t do that.

I do not sell computer generated reports, which is what you are suggesting when you say, “Get software” etc. Seeing how a company will do “stock wise” is not seen in the birth chart of the company - as in when the company started or opened its doors - it is the date/place/time of their first offering on the exchange. I know a few financial astrologers who are amazing at seeing how companies will fare. I guess its the old saying, “Why don’t astrologers/psychics etc just play the lotto - they should know the numbers already.” My mentor was actually an astrologer who mainly focused on gambling charts - choosing which teams would win, when to go to the casino, when to play the lotto etc. She was amazing! Now, you have to remember, NOT all clients have in their natal charts that they are going to win the lotto or win BIG at games of chance - so, even timing when they should pull a lever or go and gamble does not mean you will walk out with millions or even thousands.

GG

Archived