W-9 US Verification Requirement

mjensen415

I’m only 15 years old and I don’t know anything about the Form W9, I can’t fill out the tax forms.

I’m only 15 years old and I don’t know anything about the Form W9

Seriously? Then why does your Fiverr profile state that you are a college student at the University of Connecticut?

I can’t fill out the tax forms.

Why not? College students fill out tax forms every year.

• Like 38

I’m only 15 years old and I don’t know anything about the Form W9

Seriously? Then why does your Fiverr profile state that you are a college student at the University of Connecticut?

I can’t fill out the tax forms.

Why not? College students fill out tax forms every year.

it is because it told me to put those for my gig to be active.

• Like 33

it is because it told me to put those for my gig to be active.

because it told me to put those for my gig to be active.

Fiverr did not tell you to lie about who you are. If you are not in college, you should not be making that claim on your profile. If a buyer hires you, thinking you are a college student attending UCONN, then you would be committing fraud, and fraud is a crime.

If you want to be a seller here, on Fiverr, that other people take seriously, you need to be honest and trustworthy. Right now, that’s not what your Fiverr profile indicates.

• Like 36

because it told me to put those for my gig to be active.

Fiverr did not tell you to lie about who you are. If you are not in college, you should not be making that claim on your profile. If a buyer hires you, thinking you are a college student attending UCONN, then you would be committing fraud, and fraud is a crime.

If you want to be a seller here, on Fiverr, that other people take seriously, you need to be honest and trustworthy. Right now, that’s not what your Fiverr profile indicates.

well i removed them from my profile, but i dont know how to get tax papers. do you have to be 18 and older to get tax paper.

• Like 33

well i removed them from my profile, but i dont know how to get tax papers. do you have to be 18 and older to get tax paper.

All you have to do is fill out the W9 form. You can do that.

It asks if you are a US person. It doesn’t ask your age.

• Like 36

Guest kaechii

Hello I am a 17 year old seller, and I have no idea how to answer some of these questions (ex: asking for EIN employer identification number, individual proprietor, etc), could someone help me out? Also mjensen415 said that

When Fiverr is required under applicable laws, it will send a 1099 form at the end of the year to the applicable tax authorities. Currently, this applies to US-based sellers who earned at least $20,000 in that year and had at least 200 separate orders.

But I have earned barely $200-300 and completed under 10 orders, so should I be receiving this?

Also I checked and fiverr says that anyone above 13 can become a seller. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I’m 15 and I have NO idea what any of this stuff means. I would have to ask my parents to put in my social security number and address and stuff, but they probably wouldn’t let me because it’s too risky to have that stuff on here, even if it’s for a good reason. I haven’t had any gigs sold either, so I haven’t gotten any money. I just kind of wish as minors we didn’t have to fill this out.

Edit: I was able to fill out the W-9 form easily XD, apparently you don’t have to put all of the things if you don’t want to 👍

I’m 15 and I have NO idea what any of this stuff means. I would have to ask my parents to put in my social security number and address and stuff, but they probably wouldn’t let me because it’s too risky to have that stuff on here, even if it’s for a good reason. I haven’t had any gigs sold either, so I haven’t gotten any money. I just kind of wish as minors we didn’t have to fill this out.

Edit: I was able to fill out the W-9 form easily XD, apparently you don’t have to put all of the things if you don’t want to 👍

You should remove your social media handles from your profile description. Giving out personal contact information like that isn’t allowed.

I’m 15 and I have NO idea what any of this stuff means.

In a way, you’re starting (or trying to start) your own business on Fiverr, so it might be useful for you to learn what this stuff means and how to deal with it.

• Like 36

Guest kaechii

You should remove your social media handles from your profile description. Giving out personal contact information like that isn’t allowed.

I’m 15 and I have NO idea what any of this stuff means.

In a way, you’re starting (or trying to start) your own business on Fiverr, so it might be useful for you to learn what this stuff means and how to deal with it.

gotcha, I will do that 😃

I had a job at 15 and was able to pay taxes. It’s not only for over 18.

• Like 37

Sir,

I have a question about Form W-9. I am a new seller from Pakistan. What will be the answer to the question: Are you a U.S. person? Yes or No?

I have a question about Form W-9. I am a new seller from Pakistan. What will be the answer to the question: Are you a U.S. person? Yes or No?

Well, you are saying that you are from Pakistan. So, are you from the USA? No.

Therefore, you are not a U.S. person.

The answer is: NO.

• Like 35

Sir,

I am a new seller from Pakistan. What will be the answer to the question: Are you a U.S. person?

Well, are you a U.S. person?

And how do you expect to communicate with buyers if a simple yes or no question is too difficult for you to understand?

• Like 35

Ok, I have a unique case. I came to the States in the beginning of this year 2020 and had my account on Fiverr by the end of Jan. I haven’t gotten my SSN until end of July so I didn’t have to submit w-9 last tax season. Now what shall I do?
Any help is highly appreciated
Thank you

• Like 32

I am a new seller from Pakistan. What will be the answer to the question: Are you a U.S. person?

Well, are you a U.S. person?

And how do you expect to communicate with buyers if a simple yes or no question is too difficult for you to understand?

983256985_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.1735b5889953fc6367cbe6c9d4d90497.png
Screenshot (11)1344×499 39.4 KB

Sir,

It is written there:

I confirm that all the services I offer on Fiverr are performed while outside of the U.S?

What does it mean?

I have attached a screenshot here.

• Like 33