W-9 US Verification Requirement

mjensen415

I’m from Indonesia and I got this too

I’m from Indonesia and I got this too

If you were not born in the USA, and you have not gone though the USA naturalization process, then you’re not a USA citizen. Click the “no” button, and you’re done. It’s as simple as that.

Come on, people, read the directions/article at the top of this forum topic.

@keariefan, the form does not apply to you. When it becomes available, select, “no”.

• Like 42

Hi Everyone,

I’m from Pakistan and I received email from fiverr couple of days a go that
You are required to fill it out * if you’re defined as a U.S. person by the U.S. tax authorities.
and check this within the next 30 days to keep your Gigs active.

however I’m not USA person and confirm that I provide services outside USA. ( file attached )
Now can any one let me know is there any next step which is required for the verification of non usa person ?

Looking forward for guidance

Capture11111.PNG.5a49c9fe95aa541a3785c6299f6579bc.PNG
Capture11111738×606 30.4 KB

Best Regrads
Faizan Muhammad
  • Like 37

This is only for US sellers. All you need to do is select ‘No’.

I already selected that option !!! when ever i click on the W-9 form option from settings No is already selected. There is no save option which ensure us that you selected option is saved now !! Secondly will fiverr notify us that we are done with this process & how long it will take to notify us ? share your thoughts i would be thankful to you @english_voice

• Like 34

I already selected that option !!! when ever i click on the W-9 form option from settings No is already selected. There is no save option which ensure us that you selected option is saved now !! Secondly will fiverr notify us that we are done with this process & how long it will take to notify us ? share your thoughts i would be thankful to you @english_voice

If you selected “no”, then you are done with the process.

If you are not a USA citizen, then you don’t need to fill out a W-9 form. It’s as simple as that.

• Like 33

I don’t see an answer for this yet, and the “Form isn’t working” thread is closed, so what should US persons do if they can’t get past the address and contact page? Every box is filled out but the second address line, which doesn’t apply to my address. When I click “next” nothing happens.

I see that others are having the same issue. What do we do if we can’t get past the first page?

• Like 36

I don’t see an answer for this yet, and the “Form isn’t working” thread is closed, so what should US persons do if they can’t get past the address and contact page? Every box is filled out but the second address line, which doesn’t apply to my address. When I click “next” nothing happens.

I see that others are having the same issue. What do we do if we can’t get past the first page?

It sounds like something to ask customer support.

• Like 33

What should I do now ? Please describe this problem.

What should I do now

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

You have done all you need to do - there is no save option because it saves automatically (it did for me). That’s why if you leave the page and then go back to it, ‘No’ will still be selected.

If it doesn’t stay selected, try a different browser or clear your cache. If that doesn’t work, contact CS.

• Like 36

What should I do now

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

You have done all you need to do - there is no save option because it saves automatically (it did for me). That’s why if you leave the page and then go back to it, ‘No’ will still be selected.

If it doesn’t stay selected, try a different browser or clear your cache. If that doesn’t work, contact CS.

Thank you for your reply

• Like 34

I thought this was only for those who made $20k+ Such a hassle to file a 1099

I thought this was only for those who made $20k

No matter how much or little you make, the W-9 must be filled out if you want to keep working on Fiverr. If you do not make $20,000 then you will not be sent a 1099.

• Like 36

Hello, today I got a mail written,-“You may need to fill out Form W-9. Form W-9 is used in the U.S. for tax purposes. You are required to fill it out only if you’re defined as a U.S. person by the U.S. tax authorities”

So my concern is I’m from India and I don’t have U.S tax authorities coz I’m not a U.S person.As they wanted to varify Indian documents. Now how can I make a U.S person verifications??? Please help me :pray:t2: As it’s said otherwise after 30 days gig will disappear. Please help me.

you don’t need to fill in the form if you are not a US citizen simply click on “No” option

• Like 34