W-9 US Verification Requirement

mjensen415

Sir,

It is written there:

I confirm that all the services I offer on Fiverr are performed while outside of the U.S?

What does it mean?

I have attached a screenshot here.

It is written there:

I confirm that all the services I offer on Fiverr are performed while outside of the U.S?

What does it mean?

It means that all the services you offer on Fiverr are performed while outside of the U.S.

• Like 39

Ok, I have a unique case. I came to the States in the beginning of this year 2020 and had my account on Fiverr by the end of Jan. I haven’t gotten my SSN until end of July so I didn’t have to submit w-9 last tax season. Now what shall I do?

Any help is highly appreciated

Thank you

I haven’t gotten my SSN until end of July so I didn’t have to submit w-9 last tax season. Now what shall I do?

You should fill out the W-9 as you were living in the US when you began your Fiverr business.

• Like 35

Ok, I have a unique case. I came to the States in the beginning of this year 2020 and had my account on Fiverr by the end of Jan. I haven’t gotten my SSN until end of July so I didn’t have to submit w-9 last tax season. Now what shall I do?

Any help is highly appreciated

Thank you

I haven’t gotten my SSN until end of July so I didn’t have to submit w-9 last tax season. Now what shall I do?

If you are a US person check Yes. Then fill out the very short form. It asks for your name address and social security number and if you will file your taxes as an individual or a corporation.

• Like 34

If a person has USA account but he lives in another country except USA, what should he use either YES or NO?

And what about for the buyers, will they also fill the form?

If a person has USA account but he lives in another country except USA, what should he use either YES or NO?

Yes

And what about for the buyers, will they also fill the form?

The form is for the purpose of paying taxes on a seller’s earnings. Buyers do not earn, so they do not fill out the form.

• Like 32

• 2 weeks later...

Do I need to fill it out? I only earn about $70 on Fiverr. I don’t work or have a source of income. I’m still young and being supported. What will happen if I don’t fill it?

Do you have a Social Security number?

Every US citizen must complete the W-9, but if you make less than $20,000, Fiverr will not send a W2 to the tax authorities.

When I was a teenager I had to fill one out.

Also, if you do not complete it your profile will be closed.

• Like 35

• 2 weeks later...

I got 7 emails saying my W-9 was good and everything would be unpaused. Nothing is working for me to post the gigs. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Several posters have had this issue, sometimes it takes a few hours for the verification to happen. This happened to me this weekend. I was on another thread and the person received the verification 4 hours later this afternoon. I know that CS is swamped with requests about this.

• Like 33

Hello, I have recently become apart of fiverr. I am a U.S. seller, can someone help me fill out the W-9 please? I have filled out most of it but I am still partly confused about some things. Thank You in Advance.

CAN YOU SPECIFICALLY MENTION YOUR PROBLEM I MEAN WHERE YOU GOT STUCK? Thanks.

• Like 39

• 2 weeks later...

I am from the US. I have filled out the W-9 Form correctly and received an email from Fiverr stating

You’re all good for now

Hi quickknastyy,

Thanks for filling out Form W-9! If your Gigs were paused, we’lll reactivate them immediately.

We’ll let you know if you need to take further action after reviewing your information.

Thanks,
The Fiverr Team"

Yet I still cannot publish my gig. The Publish button is greyed out. I’ve contacted support. Has anyone else had this happen? Not a good sign being a new member of this site and experiencing bugs before publishing my first gig.

• Like 38
  • Thanks 2

I got 7 emails saying my W-9 was good and everything would be unpaused. Nothing is working for me to post the gigs. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Same problem here. My publish button is greyed out even after receiving the emails that the W-9 was filled out successfully. Seems like this W-9 form is still kind of new and has some SERIOUS bugs that need to be worked out. You would think that with the platform being so successful it wouldn’t have gone on this long, but here I am… waiting for a ticket from support to be answered lol.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

I am from the US. I have filled out the W-9 Form correctly and received an email from Fiverr stating

You’re all good for now

Hi quickknastyy,

Thanks for filling out Form W-9! If your Gigs were paused, we’lll reactivate them immediately.

We’ll let you know if you need to take further action after reviewing your information.

Thanks,

The Fiverr Team"

Yet I still cannot publish my gig. The Publish button is greyed out. I’ve contacted support. Has anyone else had this happen? Not a good sign being a new member of this site and experiencing bugs before publishing my first gig.

I signed up 2 weeks ago and got the same message on a Saturday, by Monday it was fixed and I was verified. I am sure it is on their radar, if it isn’t fixed already.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...

It doesn’t look like Fiverr has considered those of us who ARE U.S. Citizens but live in a different nation. Possibly another example of Fiverr making a decision/change before they know and understand all of the facts?

Agreed.

I’m having a problem with that too: if I put in my foreign address, the page tells me “You’re not a US person” and doesn’t allow me access to the W9.

But if I put in my permanent address (in the US), then it won’t match the address on my tax return.

So…I used my US address first, then the foreign address on the form itself. And we’ll see!

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...