W-9 US Verification Requirement

mjensen415

Sir,

I have a question about Form W-9. I am a new seller from Pakistan. What will be the answer to the question: Are you a U.S. person? Yes or No?

I have a question about Form W-9. I am a new seller from Pakistan. What will be the answer to the question: Are you a U.S. person? Yes or No?

Well, you are saying that you are from Pakistan. So, are you from the USA? No.

Therefore, you are not a U.S. person.

The answer is: NO.

• Like 10

Sir,

I am a new seller from Pakistan. What will be the answer to the question: Are you a U.S. person?

Well, are you a U.S. person?

And how do you expect to communicate with buyers if a simple yes or no question is too difficult for you to understand?

• Like 10

Ok, I have a unique case. I came to the States in the beginning of this year 2020 and had my account on Fiverr by the end of Jan. I haven’t gotten my SSN until end of July so I didn’t have to submit w-9 last tax season. Now what shall I do?
Any help is highly appreciated
Thank you

• Like 7

I am a new seller from Pakistan. What will be the answer to the question: Are you a U.S. person?

Well, are you a U.S. person?

And how do you expect to communicate with buyers if a simple yes or no question is too difficult for you to understand?

983256985_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.1735b5889953fc6367cbe6c9d4d90497.png
Screenshot (11)1344×499 39.4 KB

Sir,

It is written there:

I confirm that all the services I offer on Fiverr are performed while outside of the U.S?

What does it mean?

I have attached a screenshot here.

• Like 8

Sir,

It is written there:

I confirm that all the services I offer on Fiverr are performed while outside of the U.S?

What does it mean?

I have attached a screenshot here.

It is written there:

What does it mean?

It means that all the services you offer on Fiverr are performed while outside of the U.S.

• Like 11

Ok, I have a unique case. I came to the States in the beginning of this year 2020 and had my account on Fiverr by the end of Jan. I haven’t gotten my SSN until end of July so I didn’t have to submit w-9 last tax season. Now what shall I do?

Thank you

I haven’t gotten my SSN until end of July so I didn’t have to submit w-9 last tax season. Now what shall I do?

You should fill out the W-9 as you were living in the US when you began your Fiverr business.

• Like 7

Thank you

I haven’t gotten my SSN until end of July so I didn’t have to submit w-9 last tax season. Now what shall I do?

If you are a US person check Yes. Then fill out the very short form. It asks for your name address and social security number and if you will file your taxes as an individual or a corporation.

• Like 6

If a person has USA account but he lives in another country except USA, what should he use either YES or NO?

And what about for the buyers, will they also fill the form?

If a person has USA account but he lives in another country except USA, what should he use either YES or NO?

Yes

And what about for the buyers, will they also fill the form?

The form is for the purpose of paying taxes on a seller’s earnings. Buyers do not earn, so they do not fill out the form.

• Like 6

Do I need to fill it out? I only earn about $70 on Fiverr. I don’t work or have a source of income. I’m still young and being supported. What will happen if I don’t fill it?

Do you have a Social Security number?

Every US citizen must complete the W-9, but if you make less than $20,000, Fiverr will not send a W2 to the tax authorities.

When I was a teenager I had to fill one out.

Also, if you do not complete it your profile will be closed.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I got 7 emails saying my W-9 was good and everything would be unpaused. Nothing is working for me to post the gigs. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Several posters have had this issue, sometimes it takes a few hours for the verification to happen. This happened to me this weekend. I was on another thread and the person received the verification 4 hours later this afternoon. I know that CS is swamped with requests about this.

• Like 6