W-9 US Verification Requirement

mjensen415

Hello, I have recently become apart of fiverr. I am a U.S. seller, can someone help me fill out the W-9 please? I have filled out most of it but I am still partly confused about some things. Thank You in Advance.

CAN YOU SPECIFICALLY MENTION YOUR PROBLEM I MEAN WHERE YOU GOT STUCK? Thanks.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I am from the US. I have filled out the W-9 Form correctly and received an email from Fiverr stating

You’re all good for now

Hi quickknastyy,

Thanks for filling out Form W-9! If your Gigs were paused, we’lll reactivate them immediately.

We’ll let you know if you need to take further action after reviewing your information.

Thanks,
The Fiverr Team"

Yet I still cannot publish my gig. The Publish button is greyed out. I’ve contacted support. Has anyone else had this happen? Not a good sign being a new member of this site and experiencing bugs before publishing my first gig.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I got 7 emails saying my W-9 was good and everything would be unpaused. Nothing is working for me to post the gigs. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Same problem here. My publish button is greyed out even after receiving the emails that the W-9 was filled out successfully. Seems like this W-9 form is still kind of new and has some SERIOUS bugs that need to be worked out. You would think that with the platform being so successful it wouldn’t have gone on this long, but here I am… waiting for a ticket from support to be answered lol.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am from the US. I have filled out the W-9 Form correctly and received an email from Fiverr stating

You’re all good for now

Hi quickknastyy,

Thanks for filling out Form W-9! If your Gigs were paused, we’lll reactivate them immediately.

We’ll let you know if you need to take further action after reviewing your information.

Thanks,

The Fiverr Team"

Yet I still cannot publish my gig. The Publish button is greyed out. I’ve contacted support. Has anyone else had this happen? Not a good sign being a new member of this site and experiencing bugs before publishing my first gig.

I signed up 2 weeks ago and got the same message on a Saturday, by Monday it was fixed and I was verified. I am sure it is on their radar, if it isn’t fixed already.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hey, need y’all help.

So i filled out the w9 as a business entity. I received an email that the info couldn’t be validated, everything is correct tho. I tryed reach out the support team, but they were no help.

Please, lmk if anyone had that problem and how to fix it.

I’m having the same issue. Did you get it fixed?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

To anyone reading this who has a fake US seller account, don’t fill in the W9 form as if you are in the US. If you try to fake that you are going to be in trouble. It’s very easy to see if you use a fake SS number. That is easily verified online by anyone. You should notify customer support of your real country.

Fiverr will be notified if you submit an incorrect W9.

That’s great. Thanks for sharing

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It doesn’t look like Fiverr has considered those of us who ARE U.S. Citizens but live in a different nation. Possibly another example of Fiverr making a decision/change before they know and understand all of the facts?

Agreed.

I’m having a problem with that too: if I put in my foreign address, the page tells me “You’re not a US person” and doesn’t allow me access to the W9.

But if I put in my permanent address (in the US), then it won’t match the address on my tax return.

So…I used my US address first, then the foreign address on the form itself. And we’ll see!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fiverr allows anyone at the age of 13 to sell, How will that now be possible with this form? It asks for SSN and other related things that a minor probably wont have, or just won’t be understandable.

Minors work, pay taxes, and have social security numbers.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone, regardless of location, should consult their tax advisor so they know their local earnings tax laws.

The account was established in the United States

But I am not a US citizen

What will my W-9 form for me?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

There are mechanisms to prevent double taxation from happening, you must report all the taxes you paid and your income to the US authorities if you are a US citizen abroad, that is true. You do not have to pay twice in most parts o f the world. For example in Germany there are special provisions for US personas, even in Serbia where I currently live, your bank asks you if you earn your money in the US to be able to take that into account. By the way the USA and Eritrea are the only two countries in the world that enforce income tax even on expats… So much for the “land of the free”.

By the way the USA and Eritrea are the only two countries in the world that enforce income tax even on expats

Not quite correct that these are the only two. Add Argentina to the list.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

By the way the USA and Eritrea are the only two countries in the world that enforce income tax even on expats

Not quite correct that these are the only two. Add Argentina to the list.

Ha, didn’t know that, thanks for the correction 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just realized that this might put a stop to all of the fake US accounts! :rofl:

I was thinking the very same thing. With this requirement, there is no possible way for fraudsters to keep pretending they are from the USA. Now, to have USA listed on their profiles, they have to legally prove it, and pretenders in other parts of the world aren’t going to be able to do that. They’ll either have to be listed with their native country, or their accounts will be banished from Fiverr.

This will likely be a win-win for all buyers and sellers on Fiverr.

Does the W-9 ask for a SSN number? I a bit confused.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...