W-9 US Verification Requirement

mjensen415

I did what it said, I filled it out, but afterwards I still get the orange bar at the top of the screen asking " Check if you need to fill out Form W-9 to keep your Gigs active. You got 26 days to check."

Should I just assume the notification doesn’t go away, or should I assume that I need to fill it out again?

• Like 36

I did what it said, I filled it out, but afterwards I still get the orange bar at the top of the screen asking " Check if you need to fill out Form W-9 to keep your Gigs active. You got 26 days to check."

Should I just assume the notification doesn’t go away, or should I assume that I need to fill it out again?

You filled it Thats it’s.

I think you don’t need to fill it out, again.

Just take it as a notification.

Actually its for those who hasn’t filled yet.

• Like 36

I still get the orange bar at the top

Mine stayed for a day, then poof it was gone!

• Like 34

Yes sure it will show as well when its time to show you’re welcome ma’am

Sorry but I don’t know what you are talking about. What will show when it’s time to show? This seems to be a random comment you directed at me.

• Like 34

Sorry but I don’t know what you are talking about. What will show when it’s time to show? This seems to be a random comment you directed at me.

No ma’am am talking about the us taxes on fiverr you talk about, i hope you asked that some seller haven’t get there own so that’s why i replied you like that am sorry …

• Like 32

Hello mjensen415, I have not received an email message asking me to check my status within 30 days, in form of a short questionnaire. All I got was a notification on fiverr website regarding W-9 US verification requirement and when I clicked “Let’s check,” it took me back to the home page. I have contacted CS but they are yet to resolve this issue. What can I do? Thanks.

• Like 32

Hmm. The i9 form is usually not sure for contractors, only for regular employees. Read the IRS regulations. It says nothing about independent contractors. But I’m not surprised Fiverr is doing this. If you follow the news you know that states like CA are forcing gig companies to make contractors regular employees and give them benefits. I’m betting Fiverr’s legal team is anticipating this is going to happen at some point in the future and they went to be ready for it

• Like 34

Hey need help ASAP

I have a very important question and my account depends on it.

I was born in 2007 june 9th in North America/California/Freemont is Washington dc hospital.

This makes me a U.S citizen, But I lived in the states until I was around 8-9 months old.

Both my parents are Indians so I at the age of 8-9 months I had to move from the states to India .

Now I am 13 years old and have an aadhar card which you get when you live in india for around 5-7 years i think.

This makes me both Indian as well as american.According to a law in india I can live in India legally until im 18 as I am under my fathers visa i think.

I am using a indian number as I have been here for the past 12 years so I have a number that is indian.

Also my parents told me they had to move from freemont to san jose then san jose to san Francisco so we dont have any specific zip code.

So here is the question do I still have to take the test?

Is there anything I can do?

I have already contacting customer support

Thanks

This makes me a U.S citizen,

You should probably consult a tax professional instead of relying on “advice” given here. I lived and worked abroad and, at the time, as a US citizen and depending on the amount you earn, you can still be liable for US taxes.

• Like 32

Hello, today I got a mail written,-“You may need to fill out Form W-9. Form W-9 is used in the U.S. for tax purposes. You are required to fill it out only if you’re defined as a U.S. person by the U.S. tax authorities”

So my concern is I’m from India and I don’t have U.S tax authorities coz I’m not a U.S person. Ok Now how can I make a U.S person verifications??? Please help me :pray:t2: As it’s said otherwise after 30 days gig will disappear. Please help me.

Ok, I’m not a U.S. Person So

I just clicked No and got a pop-up window saying Done 🙂

• Like 32

Will we receive some sort of confirmation that we submitted our form to Fiverr?

I’m not seeing any confirmation, yet.

I got 6 emails from Fiverr thanking me for filling out the form, yes 6! I also received 1 email telling me I am compliant and approved by the US tax authorities.

431802818_Screenshot2020-09-01at5_10_05PM.png.ed3ce5fa2e5820420a32c9870d2090f3.png

• Like 33

There should be a link in that message. If not, you’ll have a notification on the main Fiverr site.

There are two check boxes - “Yes” and “No”.

If you aren’t a US citizen, you tick “No”. And that’s all you need to do.

Untitled.thumb.png.3a6fcce4b8238b510a16a576dc38a609.png
Untitled1920×1080 187 KB

I can’t see the save button. What should i do?

• Like 30

Hello mjensen415, I have not received an email message asking me to check my status within 30 days, in form of a short questionnaire. All I got was a notification on fiverr website regarding W-9 US verification requirement and when I clicked “Let’s check,” it took me back to the home page. I have contacted CS but they are yet to resolve this issue. What can I do? Thanks.

Sorry for the question, but how much money have you make this year with fiverr?

• Like 32

I’ll hit the 200 mark, but there is no way I’ll hit the 20K mark. Hopefully I don’t have to do this.

If you make at least than 600$ per year, then you will receive a notification. If you are a US person then you do fill the w9 form. After that if you make 20k per year, you should fill for paying taxes. If you don’t then nothing else is required to do.

• Like 33

If you make at least than 600$ per year, then you will receive a notification. If you are a US person then you do fill the w9 form. After that if you make 20k per year, you should fill for paying taxes. If you don’t then nothing else is required to do.

If you make at least than 600$ per year, then you will receive a notification.

I am sure every US citizen receives a notification.

My husband is a US musician, and he is given one to fill out when he is paid to perform, even if he is only $100.

• Like 33