The Start of Something Big: Meet Fiverr Pro

mjensen415

I’ve been here for only 12 months and got my gig in the first page of the category already, if it took you 5 years then there’s something wrong with you. Moreover, if you’re afraid that buyers will go to a $500 gig instead of your $5, you don’t deserve to get the job done for those buyers. Better learn some economics before crying.

“teach me please” 😢 omg -.-

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completing 10s of thousands of projects WHILST maintaining a 5 rating* means you’re a professional, that’s simple lol.

Completing 10s of thousands of projects WHILST maintaining a 5* rating means you’re a professional, that’s simple lol.

Not necessarily.

It means you are good at what you do but if what you do is a basic skill then it would not be suitable for the Pro badge.

For example, if a seller will customize a template logo for $5 and completes 20,000 of those all with 5 stars, it does not mean that they are suddenly able to produce a top quality customized logo worth $1000. That won’t change no matter how many they produce, the Pro services are completely different and accepted based on their uniqueness and level of customization.

I have used a Virtual assistant multiple times and given 5 stars because his service offers good value for money. He is not entitled to now say, I have 100 5 star reviews so I should be paid $1000/hour instead of the usual $5. Of course he can set that as his new price, I just know I would not order from him.

This is what’s bothering me, the "it’s turning its back on low-budget work" part…

I’m not concerned about it yet as those PRO gigs are not really taking the market by storm. Right now I’m fairly sure that an average buyer will not go for these, at least not with those prices. (Although there may be a few sales as you can make custom offers with these at a lower price and Fiverr might even go the length of bringing you 2-3 sales to get you started 🙂 )

However, I’m guessing external professionals will move out in a month or two as they wouldn’t probably bother to compete with $5 gigs.

And established Fiverr sellers who got this promotion will start lowering their prices and thanks to PRO badge they will be at the top of the list ignoring search algorithm.

Completing 10s of thousands of projects WHILST maintaining a 5* rating means you’re a professional, that’s simple lol.

Not necessarily.

It means you are good at what you do but if what you do is a basic skill then it would not be suitable for the Pro badge.

For example, if a seller will customize a template logo for $5 and completes 20,000 of those all with 5 stars, it does not mean that they are suddenly able to produce a top quality customized logo worth $1000. That won’t change no matter how many they produce, the Pro services are completely different and accepted based on their uniqueness and level of customization.

I have used a Virtual assistant multiple times and given 5 stars because his service offers good value for money. He is not entitled to now say, I have 100 5 star reviews so I should be paid $1000/hour instead of the usual $5. Of course he can set that as his new price, I just know I would not order from him.

Obviously i am talking about customized projects. Who would pay anyone a bomb to use a template? And 100 5* is not going to cut it. At the very least 10000

Seriously, we all know these PRO gigs aren’t gonna get sales so what the hell do we do when they start lowering prices? PRO gigs in my category have already lowered their prices compared to when they launched. They’re still insanely expensive but what happens when the prices lower enough to become reasonable?

Seriously, we all know these PRO gigs aren’t gonna get sales so what the hell do we do when they start lowering prices? PRO gigs in my category have already lowered their prices compared to when they launched. They’re still insanely expensive but what happens when the prices lower enough to become reasonable?

That is a good question.

If there isn’t a minimum price then is there any barrier to a Pro having a cut price gig to get reviews before pumping up the price?

Also, if a Pro edits their service, does it need to be reassessed completely as to whether it is still pro or not.

Some interesting possibilities for them if there isn’t any limitations on what they do.

(by interesting, I mean hugely unfair and anti-competition)

I believe Voice Over is a category that could benefit from the Fiverr Pro model. Hope they roll it out to it soon 🙂

I believe Voice Over is a category that could benefit from the Fiverr Pro model. Hope they roll it out to it soon 🙂

I think so… People are getting below industry standard rates. fingerscrossed.png.0fbd0705da9f93ba6d6e0c29f948cafc.png

Seriously, we all know these PRO gigs aren’t gonna get sales

ummm not sure why everyone keeps saying that. But let me assure you sales will be made.

@eoinfinnegan

I think there’s no minimum re: pricing.

Any change we make does get a manual review though as far as I can tell.

So if I start slicing prices, either the review team or my success manager will definitely contact me.

Seriously, we all know these PRO gigs aren’t gonna get sales

ummm not sure why everyone keeps saying that. But let me assure you sales will be made.

@eoinfinnegan

I think there’s no minimum re: pricing.

Any change we make does get a manual review though as far as I can tell.

So if I start slicing prices, either the review team or my success manager will definitely contact me.

Let’s all hope for the best.

Thanks so much for this summary! I was also wondering what direction Fiverr would take in the changing e-entrepeneur landscape. Very interesting stuff. Will you be keeping the sellers whose categories aren’t included posted on when they can start applying for Pro status? I also am a voice-over seller, and very much would like to apply when it’s ready.

Cheers,
Laura

Thanks so much for this summary! I was also wondering what direction Fiverr would take in the changing e-entrepeneur landscape. Very interesting stuff. Will you be keeping the sellers whose categories aren’t included posted on when they can start applying for Pro status? I also am a voice-over seller, and very much would like to apply when it’s ready.

Cheers,

Laura

I also am a voice-over seller, and very much would like to apply when it’s ready.

Hi Laura,

Out of curiosity, what stops you from offering more complex gigs today? PRO badge will place you at the top of the list, but other than that, what is holding you back?

Really, who can paid $9990 for a 15 second video - from a new seller?

I’m laughing out loud at this gig. $9990?! That reminds me of sellers on ebay who try to sell ordinary products for absurd prices, in the hope that someone will bite. Buyers aren’t dumb. That gig is never going to sell.

@alliemadison12 I remember when someone once bought what was said to be Brittany Spears gum on ebay for an absurd amount!

@alliemadison12 I remember when someone once bought what was said to be Brittany Spears gum on ebay for an absurd amount!

I remember when someone once bought what was said to be Brittany Spears gum on ebay for an absurd amount!

I have that beat. I once sold my evil shadow on Ebay for $100. And, yes, someone bought it.

(Of course, I also included a number of unique items that my evil shadow stole from me. But that was part of the story of the auction. People want stories, people want to be part of the stories. Give them that opportunity, and see what happens!)

I also am a voice-over seller, and very much would like to apply when it’s ready.

Hi Laura,

Out of curiosity, what stops you from offering more complex gigs today? PRO badge will place you at the top of the list, but other than that, what is holding you back?

Hi Laura,

Glad to see you are using the exact same argument I used on you a couple of days back. Means you got what I was saying. 🙂

Archived