The Start of Something Big: Meet Fiverr Pro

mjensen415

I must say, I am quite concerned about the sudden upturn in people offering services at hugely inflated prices which has coincided with the introduction of Pro gigs.
My concern is mainly focused on those I have seen who have earned reviews on a completely different service at a much lower price and then completely changed it to make it seem like they have, for example, 50 reviews on a gig which costs $200 when in reality, they got those reviews on $5 services.
It is misleading and is something that Fiverr needs to deal with as it is a manipulation of the review system to the disadvantage and complete misleading of buyers.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think they answer at all unless you are selected. Since it’s only in a handful of categories and most people selected have met some pretty stiff criteria, not many people who apply are going to get a response at this stage.

yea i think the same 😦

Like a coin, there are two sides to every story. Initially, I came here seeking more information about Fiverr Pro. However, after reading through all these comments, I can safely conclude the following:

1. On one side, sellers are frustrated because they feel let down, and rightfully so. How would you feel if you spent the last 5+ years contributing to the growth of a community working overtime hours to build a brand, clientele, and reputation in addition to generating revenue for the company you so proudly represent. And let’s not forget the “actual work” of Customer Service! You know what I’m talking about: lowering your gig rates to meet a customers budget, providing revision after revision for another unsatisfied customer, meeting tough deadlines, the list goes on…and all for what? You know exactly what. That tiny gold star and his four little brothers. A 5-star review is lifeline of our business. By maintaining it, sellers build credibility and work towards hitting new levels within the company. First a blue badge (L1), then the reddish badge (L2), and finally to those of you who were fortunate enough. a shiny gold badge (TRS). **One might assume that if any gig deserves to be showcased at a higher selling price, it would be the TRS. But, that’s not necessarily the case. Here’s why!

2. On the other side, Fiverr is a rapidly growing company. More than ONE MILLION gigs in one marketplace! That’s a lot of services. Think about it for a second. We all joined Fiverr because of the opportunity. Deep down we are all entrepreneurs and this platform allows for the American Dream to be achieved anywhere in the world. People in poor countries living in poverty can now support their family. A person can get fired from their job and still have a source of income. Individuals can travel the world, pay for college, and simply afford a better lifestyle.

Much like the sellers, Fiverr also works towards getting to the next level (no pun intended). When Fiverr gets to new levels, it creates new opportunities for more people to get paid. Fiverr Pro puts everyone in a giant melting pot with a goal of filtering out the influencers (hence all the social media questions someone asked about in an earlier comment).

Think of it like LinkedIn. LinkedIn is all about “Individual professionals doing business with their network.” Now ask yourself, “How did LinkedIn introduce professionals to their platform of millions of users and take the company to the next level?” One word: Influencers.

I must say, I am quite concerned about the sudden upturn in people offering services at hugely inflated prices which has coincided with the introduction of Pro gigs.

My concern is mainly focused on those I have seen who have earned reviews on a completely different service at a much lower price and then completely changed it to make it seem like they have, for example, 50 reviews on a gig which costs $200 when in reality, they got those reviews on $5 services.

It is misleading and is something that Fiverr needs to deal with as it is a manipulation of the review system to the disadvantage and complete misleading of buyers.

Ahh yes. I’ve seen this on a particular gig. It is very misleading. The feedback is for a completely different gig for a few dollars, offering a different service and then changed to something offering a service for a few hundred for something completely different. As far as I’m concerned that is bait and switch with the feedback. If someone wants to raise their prices that is fine they can charge what they like. Doing this though should not be allowed and anyone doing this should have the feedback, or gig, removed.

Have you reported it to CS?

Have you reported it to CS?

i’m really shocked when i had seen that a new seller at Fiverr Pro, without any prove(reviews), they have pro gigs. Recently it will effect other sellers.

Note: What will happen if everyone were fiverr pro seller.

i’m really shocked when i had seen that a new seller at Fiverr Pro, without any prove(reviews), they have pro gigs. Recently it will effect other sellers.

Note: What will happen if everyone were fiverr pro seller.

i’m really shocked when i had seen that a new seller at Fiverr Pro, without any prove(reviews), they have pro gigs.

They have plenty of proof outside of Fiverr. Like writing for Forbes, or having their own highly successful agency (with Instagram following of 12.3m people) that creates viral videos (and charges $30,000 for each).

Don’t worry, you’re not competing against that kind of sellers. You have your target audience, they have theirs.

i’m really shocked when i had seen that a new seller at Fiverr Pro, without any prove(reviews), they have pro gigs.

They have plenty of proof outside of Fiverr. Like writing for Forbes, or having their own highly successful agency (with Instagram following of 12.3m people) that creates viral videos (and charges $30,000 for each).

Don’t worry, you’re not competing against that kind of sellers. You have your target audience, they have theirs.

I hope so, but if he not then it will be very bad for fiverr reputation.

Archived