The Start of Something Big: Meet Fiverr Pro

mjensen415

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eoin, please spare yourself and us the agony and please start a Pro gig and be done with it LOL.

lol, I haven’t actually applied and at the moment I don’t think I will. Perhaps when they add more categories but even then, I am unsure. I have been working towards a particular market segment since I began on Fiverr and going Pro would require a change in that which I am not prepared to take right now.

For now I am happy to take the benefits that Pro brings to the whole platform and I am working that angle.

I know I am a professional and I offer good value for money to those I target. The badge refers to a type of gig, not to the actual seller. I am sure there will be some confusion about that when a “Pro” seller does not communicate well or forgets to do something but the reality is that it is the service that has been assessed and verified, the Seller is still the same seller.

I thought I was the only one that noticed. Those two in particular - social media and projects - are unnecessary (IMO) and vague, respectively. Still applied, anyway.

You can just join some “friend” chain groups to raise the number of “followers” you have on any platform. So that’s not an indicator of anything.

I think they were more looking for online portfolios, and later I was able to put my 3 portfolio sections from my website on (books, writing & art).

My category may never make it at this rate, because I do book design mostly. I am between writing & graphic design, and it wasn’t clear which one I should apply for/to – I’m not doing logos on Fiverr, so I probably should have done writing. Ah well. Yes, the project price was weird -> but I thought it related to the example projects you showed on the previous page so I answered a ballpark for those specific projects. Most of my projects aren’t anywhere near that high, so I wonder if that makes it seem like I’m overpriced. lol

lol, I haven’t actually applied and at the moment I don’t think I will. Perhaps when they add more categories but even then, I am unsure. I have been working towards a particular market segment since I began on Fiverr and going Pro would require a change in that which I am not prepared to take right now.

For now I am happy to take the benefits that Pro brings to the whole platform and I am working that angle.

I know I am a professional and I offer good value for money to those I target. The badge refers to a type of gig, not to the actual seller. I am sure there will be some confusion about that when a “Pro” seller does not communicate well or forgets to do something but the reality is that it is the service that has been assessed and verified, the Seller is still the same seller.

it is the service that has been assessed and verified, the Seller is still the same seller.

Does this happen in the next stage of the application? Because initially, they mainly ask about your social influence and ask you to name some significant projects you have done outside of Fiverr. They also ask you to describe your work process (not to provide any samples of your actual work).

it is the service that has been assessed and verified, the Seller is still the same seller.

Does this happen in the next stage of the application? Because initially, they mainly ask about your social influence and ask you to name some significant projects you have done outside of Fiverr. They also ask you to describe your work process (not to provide any samples of your actual work).

Yes, I think there is a further assessment done beyond the initial submission.

Also, from what I have heard and picked up from those who were successful, it is not vital to have a strong social media following but if you do it would help.

I am glad about this that Fiverr took a step to give the sellers respect they should have. I have also applied for pro seller but it’s been 4 days. Any ideas how long this process takes, do fiverr team reply with any answer i mean selected of not ?

Looking at the pro gigs in the logo section I don’t see a lot of sales despite having a lot of exposure on the top of the search results, I think fiverr should create a new website for pro gigs and market them differently to the main fiverr website.

I am glad about this that Fiverr took a step to give the sellers respect they should have. I have also applied for pro seller but it’s been 4 days. Any ideas how long this process takes, do fiverr team reply with any answer i mean selected of not ?

I don’t think they answer at all unless you are selected. Since it’s only in a handful of categories and most people selected have met some pretty stiff criteria, not many people who apply are going to get a response at this stage.

Looking at the pro gigs in the logo section I don’t see a lot of sales despite having a lot of exposure on the top of the search results, I think fiverr should create a new website for pro gigs and market them differently to the main fiverr website.

We all are just STUPID here - “i’m too” Because we are working from long time here and still not “PRO” . There are all new sellers calling 'PRO" seller. - 😜

We all are just STUPID here - “i’m too” Because we are working from long time here and still not “PRO” . There are all new sellers calling 'PRO" seller. - 😜

I have played soccer for 30 years, since I was 5 years old. While I am known as a good player and some people even like watching me play, I am a long way from being a pro player. That isn’t going to change and yet there are some 15 and 16 year olds who are pro players. Can I legitimately say this is unfair or that someone should do something to change this situation?

After all, I really, really want to play in the World Cup, shouldn’t that be good enough?

I have played soccer for 30 years, since I was 5 years old. While I am known as a good player and some people even like watching me play, I am a long way from being a pro player. That isn’t going to change and yet there are some 15 and 16 year olds who are pro players. Can I legitimately say this is unfair or that someone should do something to change this situation?

After all, I really, really want to play in the World Cup, shouldn’t that be good enough?

hahahhaha 🙂 Awesome story for self motivation - we can’t do anything rather than passing comment here 😍

thats a strawman argument.

I see what you did there.

I don’t think so.

While it was definitely tongue-in-cheek, the premise rings true that not everyone offers services that could/should be considered for Pro, regardless of how much we want to due to the exposure, bigger prices, prestige or whatever.

Edit: Not aimed at any particular seller btw

The customer is the judge on who should be called a PRO.
If you handpick who gets to wear the PRO badge, you will make those wearing the badge feel privileged and the rest marginalised. Unless you will be accepting some liabilities for sellers with a PRO badge, it doesnt make sense to the premium buyer. This will seriously confuse customers and discourage some new sellers. For example, who will the customer trust, a new seller with a PRO badge or New seller without a PRO badge? Its obvious.
Be cautious. Your gems are TRS, not hand picked Fiverr Pros. They are the guys you should be working hard to sell. They are examples to the rest of us (yea I am a L2).

Archived