The Start of Something Big: Meet Fiverr Pro

mjensen415

OK so I found the video that I mentioned earlier.

It’s a 30 min video, skip to the 4:00 and 8:30 marks if you want to see why a logo may cost $10k

or watch in the beginning to see how much a “brand strategy” costs. Not here on Fiverr, but out there in the worldwide marketplace.

I am not posting this because I think Chris Do is a guru, or because I agree with everything he says.

I am posting this because for whatever reason, 80% of the people who messaged me here don’t have a basic understanding of why something can cost more than $100.

Once again, before people start throwing rocks at me for the 10th time today:

I never said I agree with how Fiverr implemented this, nor am I defending the way it was rolled out.

This was inspiring. It makes total sense. You are charging based on value to the company based on their size and how it will be less risky. It is all about perception, and by being a pro, you are providing the perception that you offer them value that will take the risk out of it, which is usually something a big company will look for. Thus, a big company will be more likely to pay the confident pro to avoid working with someone who may not get it and deliver what they need right. I think seeing pro in that light makes total sense. I can see, as a writer for example, where value of delivering the content that company needs that will drive traffic and bring sales is very imnportant and worth paying for. And they will want someone who has the proven ability to do that.

That said, I also took from the video to be confident in your ability and start selling based on that belief from the start with no incremental increases from a paltry starting sales point.

Thank you for sharing and helping us understand this process. It is not a threat to sellers here. It is a different market that Fiverr is trying to tap into, and it allows people who may sell offline and have to go through meetings etc, to enjoy the experience of the client coming to them. It is smart. It also challanges others to up their game as sellers and maybe even weeds out some of those who are giving the platform a bad name.

No I see this in a whole positive light. I thank you Frank D. If you are this open and helpful with clients, I can see why you do so well. Congrats on your new pro status.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh this so-called Pro thing is actually amazing in my opinion. Not because they introduce bunch of low quality gigs with unbelievable prices but it somehow got attentions from random news sites, then new buyers come into place and boom, all high rating existing gigs somehow have a sale increase. I’m in GMT+7 and I usually have 2-3 new orders when I wake up in the morning. Guess what, today I got 8 when I woke up and those 8 are worth $200+. Good good.

I thought the prices was a mistake when I saw this gig:

ed3abf3e8b2119e657e48c2d60e75783f3ae60eb.png

And I ran to see the forum and I found it wasn’t a mistake 😐

Really, who can paid $9990 for a 15 second video - from a new seller? In an agency is more cheapest and maybe with more quality! I want to apply to this badge, but I think currently it’s absurd and unfair.

Really, who can paid $9990 for a 15 second video - from a new seller?

I’m laughing out loud at this gig. $9990?! That reminds me of sellers on ebay who try to sell ordinary products for absurd prices, in the hope that someone will bite. Buyers aren’t dumb. That gig is never going to sell.

This pro thing makes no sense. Shouldn’t top rated sellers with 10s of thousands of reviews and yet maintaining a 5* status be more proven and legible for that status?

Completing thousands of projects doesn’t mean you’re a professional, that’s simple lol.

If you think this is the craziest gig you haven’t checked all of them.There is a guy that charges $6000 for making you six memes 😛

NOTE: IT is actually the same guy. 😦

If you think this is the craziest gig you haven’t checked all of them.There is a guy that charges $6000 for making you six memes 😛

NOTE: IT is actually the same guy. 😦

Yes, well, it’s this guy: http://www.adweek.com/digital/how-instagram-star-fuckjerry-makes-35000-one-piece-sponsored-content-174990/

Completing thousands of projects doesn’t mean you’re a professional, that’s simple lol.

True, but how would you feel if you was working really hard last 5 years to get 10k reviews and some good gig position, then some pro’s come and take better better position in search resoults then TRS with featured gig and more then 10k reviews… IS that fair ?is it fair to give them big black flagg and button “Show PRO Gigs first”

I thought the prices was a mistake when I saw this gig:

ed3abf3e8b2119e657e48c2d60e75783f3ae60eb.png

And I ran to see the forum and I found it wasn’t a mistake 😐

Really, who can paid $9990 for a 15 second video - from a new seller? In an agency is more cheapest and maybe with more quality! I want to apply to this badge, but I think currently it’s absurd and unfair.

Really, who can paid $9990 for a 15 second video - from a new seller? In an agency is more cheapest and maybe with more quality!

It IS an agency, though. And their content goes viral. And outside of Fiverr, their content often ends up costing $30,000.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddieberg/2016/04/08/how-fuckjerry-wants-to-go-from-instagram-to-empire/#caa5bb1200f7

is it fair to give them big black flagg and button “Show PRO Gigs first”

That button seems to be off by default, and the buyers only turn it on if they want to.

I just realized something…some PRO’s in my category lowered their prices O_O

I just realized something…some PRO’s in my category lowered their prices

They should read the forum indeed as they don’t have an idea…

But then it’s bad business for the non-pro sellers who took advantage of the situation and increased their prices or waited for the buyers to get scared of those big prices and come to them instead 😃

True, but how would you feel if you was working really hard last 5 years to get 10k reviews and some good gig position, then some pro’s come and take better better position in search resoults then TRS with featured gig and more then 10k reviews… IS that fair ?is it fair to give them big black flagg and button “Show PRO Gigs first”

I’ve been here for only 12 months and got my gig in the first page of the category already, if it took you 5 years then there’s something wrong with you. Moreover, if you’re afraid that buyers will go to a $500 gig instead of your $5, you don’t deserve to get the job done for those buyers. Better learn some economics before crying.

I think and sorry if someone already mentioned this if you have less review you can still be on Fiverr Pro as long as you have awesome portfolio like you worked with A level company and if you have 1k review with 5star rating but didn’t work with large company then it’s no no for you.

Archived