The Start of Something Big: Meet Fiverr Pro

mjensen415

Hi Laura,

Out of curiosity, what stops you from offering more complex gigs today? PRO badge will place you at the top of the list, but other than that, what is holding you back?

Glad to see you are using the exact same argument I used on you a couple of days back. Means you got what I was saying. 🙂 I think we are still holding the opposite side of the stick. I’m still on the fence about its value and the argument regarding quality, will wait and see once these get orders.

The only benefit I see in PRO badge is that it places you at the top of the list. Other than that:

• if you wish to offer more complex gigs and address high-end clients, nothing is stopping you
  • if you wish to improve quality and increase your prices, go ahead. You can send custom offers up to 10K on level 2.

But I promised not to poke you anymore with that stick, so I’ll leave it. We both have different view on this and that’s fine 🙂

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also am a voice-over seller, and very much would like to apply when it’s ready.

Hi Laura,

Out of curiosity, what stops you from offering more complex gigs today? PRO badge will place you at the top of the list, but other than that, what is holding you back?

Hi uxreview! Great question. Not sure if you’ve seen the major scaling back they did recently on the voice over gig options, but now packages are no longer available. Before, it was like “you get all these amazing things all included in X package.” Now it looks to buyers that your gig, which they thought was $5 (or whatever your starting quote is) is actually much more expensive when they select the extras they actually need to get a quality gig. It seems kind of like I lost a lot of freedom besides creating custom offers for every order.

On a side note, the algorithm Fiverr uses for search results doesn’t guarantee anyone’s gig to pop up in the results…even when you type the keywords or title of the gig into the search box. A Pro Listing would solve a lot of that for most sellers who have a lot of “Beginner” sellers flooding the search result. More likely to show up on searches=more gigs sold. Easy as that.

Hope that answers your question!

Yeah. Its working now. I have applied, thanks for the reminder.

Think to different angle : They are going to advertise only “Pro gig” in their all promotional activities - They will get high amount commission, If any buyer do buy Pro gig. So now why they will advertise normal $5 gig in their promotional activities.

Hi uxreview! Great question. Not sure if you’ve seen the major scaling back they did recently on the voice over gig options, but now packages are no longer available. Before, it was like “you get all these amazing things all included in X package.” Now it looks to buyers that your gig, which they thought was $5 (or whatever your starting quote is) is actually much more expensive when they select the extras they actually need to get a quality gig. It seems kind of like I lost a lot of freedom besides creating custom offers for every order.

On a side note, the algorithm Fiverr uses for search results doesn’t guarantee anyone’s gig to pop up in the results…even when you type the keywords or title of the gig into the search box. A Pro Listing would solve a lot of that for most sellers who have a lot of “Beginner” sellers flooding the search result. More likely to show up on searches=more gigs sold. Easy as that.

Hope that answers your question!

…now packages are no longer available…I lost a lot of freedom besides creating custom offers for every order.

Thank you Laura!

I didn’t know this. I wonder if this will expand to other categories in the future and only PROs will have the benefits we take grated today. (packages, custom offers etc)

Hey @uxreview how’s it going? 🙂

Busy as always 🙂

I should probably cut back on the forum, but these threads are so darn addictive

I should probably cut back on the forum, but these threads are so darn addictive

Are you postponing your orders/deliveries because of the forum? Don’t be shy, me and others do that, too 😃

Are you postponing your orders/deliveries because of the forum? Don’t be shy, me and others do that, too 😃 I’m ashamed to admit it but YES

Yesterday I spent 2 hours here while I should have prepared a proposal for my client.

😂 I’m ashamed to admit it but YES

Yesterday I spent 2 hours here while I should have prepared a proposal for my client.

I’m ashamed to admit it but YES

Welcome to the FAA (Forum Addicts Anonymous), we understand your thread addiction.

Founded in early 2010, Fiverr’s original business model was based around a simple professional services marketplace where everything cost $5.

No it’s turning to Hundredd?

No it’s turning to Hundredd?

Actually, no, the hundred-dollar gigs were here for a longer time. Now it’s turning to thousands and tenths of thousands 😉

I expect them to rebrand anytime soon…

my man emmaki

You know she’s a woman, right? 😂

I guess it’s the forum’s loss for silencing/banning her, she could have given us more insight, just like Frank did 🙂

To be fair, I think Emmaki was a Pro writer before it went mainstream.

She wrote the descriptions of the only two Pro gigs that justify their price to me.

She wrote the descriptions of the only two Pro gigs that justify their price to me.

I am agreeing with this too. 😇

Yeah, funny, I never considered the Business Copywriting category. I should take a month off and start fresh with new gigs in that category. [You know I miss my fights with Emmaki here. Guess the only way to fight her now is to start a few new gigs in Business Copywriting and compete with her. Should be fun LOL. Maybe I will keep my prices high just for heck of it, $20 or $25/gig maybe. You hear that Emmaki? LOL. Believe it or not, I checked the Business Copywriting category only a few hours back, had no idea such a thing existed. What on earth have I been doing on Fiverr. LOL] [A metacognitive thought - I think I have this tunnel vision thing, see only what I want to see, ignore everything else. Okay, business copywriting, here I come…in August, after I’m done with my current lot.]

I’m very dissatisfied with the fact that Pro gigs now are showing up along with regular Gigs. This whole thing should be a separate service in my opinion. We already have L1, L2, TRS… And now this Pro thing…

Why? If they are charging far more than you, are you really trying to compete with them? A Toyota dealer next to a Lexus dealership aren’t competing 90% of the time. And there is often a Ford and GM dealership within a block or so in many cities. (There are also huge clusters of restaurants all selling similar stuff too…)

Many of us have long been unhappy there wasn’t any level above L2 and below TRS. In the VO category almost anybody can get to L2 in a few months, even if they are just OK. I wanted a L3, for people above 500 or 1000 orders, but this is even better.

The real issue is how they market it. In some cases L2 sellers will get a bump IF a buyer goes in to find a Pro seller, then decides you are strong enough and a better value.

I see it as a win if I’m in the Pro group (after it opens to VO), and if I’m not selected, they are going to have to compete with me! Since their prices will be higher, I can still raise my prices and beat them in the value category.

I see no downside over time.

I think a better comparison is if you walked into a Toyota dealership and then they tried to sell you a Corolla for the price a Rolls Royce. It’s annoying for the sellers to have the pro gigs right there next to the standards… but it’s also confusing for the buyer!

Fiverr is a bargain site where you get reasonable quality work for cheap. The Pro gigs are just Fiverr wanting more money (understandable, because we all want more money) and the idea has many flaws because it completely disregards the buyer and seller desires on Fiverr; they just want more money and buyers that spend more so they roll this out instead of finding big spenders FIRST and then catering to them. This entire forum page should have been a conversation that happened among the Fiverr staff around a big conference table with a bunch of donuts and people talking over each other.

I think a better comparison is if you walked into a Toyota dealership and then they tried to sell you a Corolla for the price a Rolls Royce. It’s annoying for the sellers to have the pro gigs right there next to the standards… but it’s also confusing for the buyer!

Fiverr is a bargain site where you get reasonable quality work for cheap. The Pro gigs are just Fiverr wanting more money (understandable, because we all want more money) and the idea has many flaws because it completely disregards the buyer and seller desires on Fiverr; they just want more money and buyers that spend more so they roll this out instead of finding big spenders FIRST and then catering to them. This entire forum page should have been a conversation that happened among the Fiverr staff around a big conference table with a bunch of donuts and people talking over each other.

Fiverr is a bargain site where you get reasonable quality work for cheap. The Pro gigs are just Fiverr wanting more money (understandable, because we all want more money)

I respectfully disagree. Fiverr started off as a bargain site and will stay a high value site. That said, there are a set of people who would charge 5 or 10 times more on any other site, and Pro gives us an outlet for buyers who want higher quality, and understand it is a higher investment.

While they may do a good job selecting sellers in the early rounds (or not), I predict they will learn from how it works with a few categories, then expand it where it makes sense. They will learn how to refine who gets that label, and who stays there. The ones they select initially may not be around in a year. (I heard staying as a “Pro” is conditional… which is a great thing…)

Toyota was primarily known as a cheap, but reliable brand in the 70’s & 80’s. Today their Lexus division is well known for high quality. Fiverr has the potential to bring in higher end buyers, who expect to pay more.

And note: Some of those buyers who would NOT have checked much out before the Pro sellers were available, WILL check it out. Of course that assumes effective marketing from Fiverr, but they have the cash flow now to make some mistakes, learn and adjust over time.

Some of the buyers from the new marketing will also find the non-pros and use them because they are cheaper.

Having a set of higher end sellers around allows people in the lower tier to also raise their prices but still appear as a bargain, because they are compared to almost any other freelancer site. In almost all business, having a high end offering benefits the mid/lower tier products too. (The “Halo Effect”)

If they figure it out and do it properly, the Pro division will become a strong brand AND it will improve the value proposition for the others too.

Everybody wins if they do it right. It won’t surprise me if they make some mistakes, and refine over time. They have the cash flow to figure it all out.

Fiverr is a bargain site where you get reasonable quality work for cheap. The Pro gigs are just Fiverr wanting more money (understandable, because we all want more money)

I respectfully disagree. Fiverr started off as a bargain site and will stay a high value site. That said, there are a set of people who would charge 5 or 10 times more on any other site, and Pro gives us an outlet for buyers who want higher quality, and understand it is a higher investment.

While they may do a good job selecting sellers in the early rounds (or not), I predict they will learn from how it works with a few categories, then expand it where it makes sense. They will learn how to refine who gets that label, and who stays there. The ones they select initially may not be around in a year. (I heard staying as a “Pro” is conditional… which is a great thing…)

Toyota was primarily known as a cheap, but reliable brand in the 70’s & 80’s. Today their Lexus division is well known for high quality. Fiverr has the potential to bring in higher end buyers, who expect to pay more.

And note: Some of those buyers who would NOT have checked much out before the Pro sellers were available, WILL check it out. Of course that assumes effective marketing from Fiverr, but they have the cash flow now to make some mistakes, learn and adjust over time.

Some of the buyers from the new marketing will also find the non-pros and use them because they are cheaper.

Having a set of higher end sellers around allows people in the lower tier to also raise their prices but still appear as a bargain, because they are compared to almost any other freelancer site. In almost all business, having a high end offering benefits the mid/lower tier products too. (The “Halo Effect”)

If they figure it out and do it properly, the Pro division will become a strong brand AND it will improve the value proposition for the others too.

Everybody wins if they do it right. It won’t surprise me if they make some mistakes, and refine over time. They have the cash flow to figure it all out.

So much to agree with in this comment so I will not quote it all. The sooner people realize the positive effect Pro could have the better.

So many people have complained about Fiverr not doing enough marketing and promotion yet now when they announce a huge new move aimed at bringing in a completely new target audience people are still complaining… Fiverr can only do so much, the rest is up to individual sellers to utilize the available tools and get the attention of these buyers.

So much to agree with in this comment so I will not quote it all. The sooner people realize the positive effect Pro could have the better.

So many people have complained about Fiverr not doing enough marketing and promotion yet now when they announce a huge new move aimed at bringing in a completely new target audience people are still complaining… Fiverr can only do so much, the rest is up to individual sellers to utilize the available tools and get the attention of these buyers.

Eoin, please spare yourself and us the agony and please start a Pro gig and be done with it LOL.

Archived