What is SPAM when it comes to the Fiverr Forums?

fonthaunt

11 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Además, cuando le presenté este problema al administrador del Fiverr Forum con una prueba de quién estaba "interrumpiendo el hilo", dijo que podían ser denunciados por ese comportamiento. 

Wow! I suppose that the reasons must be varied but now that you mention this I think that the vast majority of these people do not write with the intention of contributing or giving an opinion but to get a rank. What is rank for? In the old forum, even though I am relatively new, I did not participate much because the interface seemed uncomfortable but now I like it a lot. I suppose the best solution would be to limit the ranges to the length of the content and its originality.

• Like 1

Just now, maezma85 said:

What is rank for?

We have not been told, but they reflect Forum participation. Until earlier today I had the same rank as many of the 'scammers.' Yet my contribution to the Fiverr Forum is genuinely help full and not of the 'spam' variety. I am off to relax for the evening. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

No se nos ha dicho, pero reflejan la participación en el Foro. Hasta el día de hoy tenía el mismo rango que muchos de los 'estafadores'. Sin embargo, mi contribución al Fiverr Forum es realmente de ayuda completa y no de la variedad 'spam'. Me voy a relajarme por la noche. 

Yes, I know that because I usually read your answers and they have helped me a lot, as well as those of 3 other users that I am following around here. A pity really that there are people who want everything quickly and effortlessly.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, maezma85 said:

Because the definition of spam is this: "Unsolicited email that is sent to a large number of recipients for advertising or commercial purposes" I don't think that in a discussion forum there is such a thing if a link is not shared. 

Or "irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.".

The posts we're referring to as spam are irrelevant to the topic, and they're typically posted either because they want a higher forum rank, or because they believe that posting on the forum will bring them sales (in other words, advertise their services somehow), or both.

So yes, it is spam. And it's cluttering the forum and making some users not want to participate (plus it can make it difficult to find an answer to a question, or to have a debate; imagine a debate where you have to scroll down a ton of posts like "thank you for your useful comment", "great tips", "this is very useful for a newbie like me", "welcome to the forum", and other stuff that has literally nothing to do with the topic or the debate).

• Like 7
  • Up 1

28 minutes ago, coderboss said:

Visit Term of Spamming

What on earth is that? You obviously read those terms of spamming (whatever that is) because you spammed all over the forum. 
I’ll be reporting all your “nice” messages or messages that doesn’t have anything to do with the topic. Which is 90% of everything you posted. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I’m glad you found it useful but I would really like if you use “thanks” reaction next to my post instead of typing a separate reply with thanks to avoid clattering the forum 😉 

would be great if they include a congratulating emoji also! 

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Sorry to say but whoever is running or moderating this forum should hang their head in shame..

The whole forum is overrun with idiots announcing every single sale followed by pray for me.......    I GOT 1 ORDER PRAY FOR ME, I GOT 2 ORDERS PRAY FOR ME, I GOT 3 ORDERS PRAY FOR ME.

Which then sets the sheep of applauding and congratulating him and announcing their daily sale this behavior does not need congratulating.

Great you earned $10 no one cares

I have honestly never seen anything so pathetic in my whole life as this waste of space forum..

You need to scroll through 30 waste of time spammers to get to a single decent question for help

Edited by uk_webcreations
  • Like 21
  • Up 3

• uk_webcreations changed the title to This whole forum is just full of spam and fools announcing every single order they get...
52 minutes ago, uk_webcreations said:

The whole forum is overrun with idiots announcing every single sale followed by pray for me.......    I GOT 1 ORDER PRAY FOR ME, I GOT 2 ORDERS PRAY FOR ME, I GOT 3 ORDERS PRAY FOR ME.

TBH, I feel the same, its really irritating  and annoying. You did a sale, good for you, you need not have to create a post and publish here. 

53 minutes ago, uk_webcreations said:

You need to scroll through 30 waste of time spammers to get to a single decent question for help

Exactly!! every time 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, uk_webcreations said:

I GOT 1 ORDER PRAY FOR ME, I GOT 2 ORDERS PRAY FOR ME, I GOT 3 ORDERS PRAY FOR ME.

So I've been trying to pinpoint what bugs me about these posts (other than how they fill up the forum along with all the one-line tip posts like (fiverr is good.  And so on)

And... It's the lack of content that makes them feel spammy (which they are.) 

I personally would LOVE to read actual stories that are tied to these orders - got your fifth order after a huge slump? Got three orders in a row? 

Announce it - but in a way that we actually get something out of reading it.  Make it worth our time. 

(My point is - my personal issue is how these posts are clearly created only because the posters are convinced forum goers will order from them (or make their gig rank better or whatever.)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, uk_webcreations said:

Sorry to say but whoever is running or moderating this forum should hang their head in shame..

Which then sets the sheep of applauding and congratulating him and announcing their daily sale this behavior does not need congratulating.

Great you earned $10 no one cares

I have honestly never seen anything so pathetic in my whole life as this waste of space forum..

Fully disturbing. They are here to show themself for taking some order. They have no topic to write. So for self advertising they do that. Very poor policy I think also. 

• Like 5

Another Spam:

HOW TO GET ORDER?

HOW TO GET SALES?

HOW TO INCREASE IMPRESSIONS?

They can fund all the solution IF willing to search and learn from this forum.

They doesn't have a successful freelancer attitude, doesn't willing to learn and improve by themselves.

Only depends on other people helps.

Plus..,  Personally.., I suspect new seller think by posting a lot in this forum can help their gigs ranked.

That's why people desperately try to post something.

Moderator need to solve this kind of SPAM Post to make this forum great.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, uk_webcreations said:

I was quite excited for the new Fiverr Forum. There were issues that showed up right away. The "spam and fools" you mentioned are just part of it. I am also sick to death of those neewbie, inexperienced sellers who are posting advice in the "Tips for Sellers" category, which used to be devoted to experienced sellers with a good deal of experience posting advice.  OR, the newbies are posting there to ask for "Tips and Tricks." There was a time when this type of behavior was flagged and soon disappeared. Plus, if we were the user to flag the post we were notified that the post had been handled by the people in charge. Now nothing happens! OR if it does we are not notified that the issue has been dealt with. 

If you are looking to find the person responsible for the 

Then @mjensen415 and the two CS agents that have been assingned to work with him are the ones you are saying should

• Like 12

5 hours ago, theratypist said:

The Tips for Sellers is a mess. It should be the priority category that needs a cleanse

I reported many posts there, I created topic in forum suggestions about that, but it seems that posts still weren’t moved out “tips for sellers” category. Even the ones with self promotion and fiverr gig links are still there. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1

The only way I can explain all this is that the new forum needed more engagement from unique users so it wouldn’t consistently look like it’s 10 people talking among themselves and it would give off this vibe of “vibrant international community”. This is why spammy behaviour is encouraged (badges that people grind for by shamelessly reposting the same comment over and over, spam that is being tolerated, posts that would be gone in minutes on the old forum staying up).

I hope it’s growing pains, it’s temporary and maybe fiverr is just trying different things. It’s a lot of new faces, yes, but the new faces seem to be the most prolific in the mystic art of copy/paste and the creative interpretations of the word “congratulations”. 

I’ve never had to plow through the same comment posted by the same person 8 times in a row or have someone quoting pieces of my own comment back at me without adding anything on the old forum.

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

consistently look like it’s 10 people talking among themselves

Now instead of 10 people discussing interesting things we have hundreds of people writing only the same 10  sentences

1. Congrats

2. pray for me 🙏 

3. stay online active 

4. how to rank my gig?

5. Share your gig social media

6. sent 10 buyer requests daily

7. Why I didn’t get an order?

8. My account was banned, can a get a solution for this?

9. Créate 7 gigs, attractive thumbnail

10. Thanks for your valuable information. 

I think that sums up forum nicely. Nothing else is happening here. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1