Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

1 hour ago, zerlina84 said:

I just saw the new decimals ratings on incognito mode again.

2 minutes later, still on incognito, and everyone is back to 5 stars.

For me it has been consistent and I've been seeing 2 decimal ratings for close to a month now.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2

17 minutes ago, carineb said:

I still think it helps to differentiate between the various offers

I don't mind decimals at all, even if it means becoming 4.99 instead of being 5.

But just change it already! Going back and forth like this is driving me crazy and seems really unprofessional.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

5 minutes ago, zerlina84 said:

But just change it already! Going back and forth like this is driving me crazy and seems really unprofessional.

They might be testing which converts better, getting more clicks/orders (rounding it to 1 dp or 2 etc.), by doing A/B tests with different groups of people.

They could also try making the scores out of 10 instead of 5 and allowing reviewers to be more precise (and doubling the existing individual scores). Though people might be more used to ratings of 1 to 5.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Up 3

I hope as and when they will make this '2 decimal place' thing LIVE permanently, they also add a tab to sort the gigs by scores (in decreasing order)!! 

It will be the freelancer version of corporate team-building activities. 🙈

• Like 9

23 hours ago, ibcreative89 said:

I still can't make sense of any of this. 

The 'grace' period should be over but nothing changed and I am at loss for what to do. Apart from returning buyers, I am not getting any new ones since the new system was implemented. 

I finally got to lv 2 and dropped from an 8 to a 6, and will lose it by march 24th. 
It says communication/satisfaction is a 'strong' negative impact on my landing page gig (which now has a 4 rating) while getting pretty much just 5 star reviews and returning customers. 

My reponse rate is stuck at 89% despite getting back to EVERYTHING (including ongoing chats) within 24hrs. 

Another worry is that I sometimes have to deliver the order and have it go into possible revision because some buyers just don't come online or answer for 5 days while the deadline is expiring, and this will now negatively impact my ratings despite delivering and asking for feedback on time. Does anyone know if they will look if that's the case? 

I currently have 2 orders where one revision was sitting there 6 days past the original delivery date because the buyer didn't come online to respond. 
Another one will probably have the same thing happening with 2 days left to deliver and they haven't even commented on the first design or showed it to their client yet. I'm so discouraged 😞 

I have a similar problem, only I almost became "Top Rated", but now I’m not only staying at the second level, but I’ve moved to the entry level as a beginner. And I watch a lot people have this problem too. Right now i have statistics like "Top Rated from all parametres but not new "Succes Score". All these negative influences that the new system shows lie. This is a really big problem that needs to be solved.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, alexanderlapko said:

only I almost became "Top Rated",

That means they said you qualified for Top Rated? Just because you qualify, that doesn't mean you automatically become TRS. Fiverr manually chooses people for TRS. That means you might be chosen next time, or not at all. There are people here with earnings well into 6 figures that never became TRS so.. 

• Like 3
  • Up 2

Just now, donnovan86 said:

That means they said you qualified for Top Rated? Just because you qualify, that doesn't mean you automatically become TRS. Fiverr manually chooses people for TRS. That means you might be chosen next time, or not at all. There are people here with earnings well into 6 figures that never became TRS so.. 

Yes. I'm talking about my statistics. I was supposed to move from level two to Top Rating in all metrics, but the new system broke this and as a result not only left me at Level 2, but also dropped me to the “newbie” level. This is all "Succes Score" which shows absolutely incorrect information about my main gig. I already wrote the problem above.
And the problem is that for many sellers this ruins the statistics and they lose their level

Edited by alexanderlapko
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, emmaki said:

The Fiverr Enterprise thread. I've been posting about it for 3 hours to tumbleweeds! Might be on a Seller Plus forum, IDK.

I posted in on the Plus forum because I was afraid someone would notice the 0% fee and the topic would have been flooded with all the people complaining about the 20% fee for Fiber, instead of talking shop. 

• Like 6

I'd say it's quite a good indicator for Fiverr of how upset freelancers are at the platform's recent moves that introducing a 0% commission for some sellers is barely registering. That and the badly-written intro email.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, emmaki said:

I'd say it's quite a good indicator for Fiverr of how upset freelancers are at the platform's recent moves that introducing a 0% commission for some sellers is barely registering.

I'm wondering... have they specifically said that there is no 20% fee, or are we inferring it from the statement 'freelancers get 100%'?

Because maybe (and I'm just speculating) if this is an FMS, then it might apply to non Fiverr freelancers that the company onboards to that FMS, assuming of course it has been designed with non Fiverr freelancers in mind as well. 

I haven't read through all the docs, I'm being lazy, but I'm just a little surprised Fiverr didn't make more of a song and dance about this because it is pretty awesome if that's the case.

• Like 3

I mean, we're invited to a separate platform - the email says that our profiles will be taken from our public (pro)files on Fiverr, there are no fees, and whatever happens on FE doesn't impact out Fiverr profile.

Plus you'd think staff might hop in somewhere and say "actually, no, only non-Fiverr contractors get the 0% freebies" or it would be clarified in the documentation.

The documentation, which I chucked into a GPT Assisant, makes no mention of fees for freelancers. Clients pay fees inc. transaction and foreign exchange fees.

The "song and dance" is all on the client side. We get this underwhelming email that leaves people second guessing a major potential benefit because it sounds too good to be true.

The fact that staff aren't saying anything  and presumably listening with clipboard is, well, shall we say, another example of their failure to display transparency and active listening. If someone from Fiverr would just come out and confirm all this (24 hours later...) then we'd know, wouldn't we?
image.png.dd10f9c5733ca614557146f167fc1922.png

• Like 5

Also got the e-mail, but I have no idea what to do about it. I can't see my profile, I don't think I have an account in that platform (where are my log-in details?). I don't know what my rates are on there. This is all very confusing.

• Like 3

Just now, visualstudios said:

Also got the e-mail, but I have no idea what to do about it. I can't see my profile, I don't think I have an account in that platform (where are my log-in details?). I don't know what my rates are on there. This is all very confusing.

It's all locked behind a client invite. You won't see anything until you accept an email from a FE client who wants to talk to you about a potential job.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, emmaki said:

It's all locked behind a client invite. You won't see anything until you accept an email from a FE client who wants to talk to you about a potential job.

But that doesn't make any sense, since clients can pick an option that says "hire now". That presumes there are rates set.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

But that doesn't make any sense, since clients can pick an option that says "hire now". That presumes there are rates set.

AFAIK clients can either search listings (which are not gigs but profiles that presumably list services) over on the enterprise platform OR get Fiverr staff to do the same. Either way, a shortlist is delivered and/or the client then contacts people they are interested in hiring to start an interview where pay rates / schedules / etc are discussed. Payment is made in milestones (IDK if they're the same/different to milestones on regular Fiverr) which you also arrange.

You do the work and get paid each the milestone is up after approval. Payment can be made direct to your bank account with all related fees paid by the client IF you use a major currency (EUR is one). I haven't actually seen anything about reviews, but since all of this is tucked away behind a login, I'm guessing your Pro reviews/success score etc count.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the SS and other changes were related to this, along with the somewhat lopsided gig allowances and protections for Pro/TRS being demoted. 6 month evaluation seems like enough time to see if a freelance is "good enough" for Pro (and by extension, Enterprise). It could just be that all of this is actually evaluating the discreet professionalism of sellers, not just their ability to slap a fish on the table when asked and call it a day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alexanderlapko said:

Yes. I'm talking about my statistics. I was supposed to move from level two to Top Rating in all metrics, but the new system broke this and as a result not only left me at Level 2, but also dropped me to the “newbie” level. This is all "Succes Score" which shows absolutely incorrect information about my main gig. I already wrote the problem above.
And the problem is that for many sellers this ruins the statistics and they lose their level

You are not understanding what @donnovan86 said. You don't automatically get Top Rated as soon as you meet all the statistics. If you meet all the metrics, you are eligible to maybe have the manual team review your total performance, and if they feel it is among the best, award you Top Rated. However less than 10% of the sellers who meet all the metrics ever get Top rated, most are rejected in the manual review. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, williambryan392 said:

I'm wondering... have they specifically said that there is no 20% fee, or are we inferring it from the statement 'freelancers get 100%'?

Because maybe (and I'm just speculating) if this is an FMS, then it might apply to non Fiverr freelancers that the company onboards to that FMS, assuming of course it has been designed with non Fiverr freelancers in mind as well. 

I haven't read through all the docs, I'm being lazy, but I'm just a little surprised Fiverr didn't make more of a song and dance about this because it is pretty awesome if that's the case.

Fees and commissions are not the same.  They could be talking about not charging the buyer the usual fees while still charging us 20% 

• Like 3

image.png.ff8b76228e6dd520288290156a665719.png

https://docs.enterprise.fiverr.com/en/articles/6531775-how-does-fiverr-enterprise-billing-work

Worth also noting that Fiverr refers to Pro sellers as "freelancers" not sellers on this (vanilla fiverr) platform.  You can see this distinction very clearly in the separate help center documentation for the main Fiverr site.

Edited by emmaki
added seller/freelancer difference
  • Like 4

Just now, newsmike said:

You are not understanding what @donnovan86 said. You don't automatically get Top Rated as soon as you meet all the statistics. If you meet all the metrics, you are eligible to maybe have the manual team review your total performance, and if they feel it is among the best, award you Top Rated. However less than 10% of the sellers who meet all the metrics ever get Top rated, most are rejected in the manual review. 

I understood you and understood what you were talking about. But I wrote more with an emphasis on the main problem of the new system, which shows the wrong things. And many people write about this. Many people are losing their level due to the new system. So the main focus is on this and I hope they solve this problem

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Fees and commissions are not the same.  They could be talking about not charging the buyer the usual fees while still charging us 20% 

5 minutes ago, emmaki said:

That's what I'm thinking @newsmike, also the way they are referring to 'freelancers' makes me think they don't specifically mean Fiverr sellers.

FE is an FMS, on that FMS they can hire Fiverr pros, but also manage their other freelance talent. Obviously I could be completely wrong. I just don't see Fiverr letting go of 20%, and if they did not making a bigger song and dance about it. 

• Like 3

Just now, williambryan392 said:

That's what I'm thinking @newsmike, also the way they are referring to 'freelancers' makes me think they don't specifically mean Fiverr sellers.

FE is an FMS, on that FMS they can hire Fiverr pros, but also manage their other freelance talent. Obviously I could be completely wrong. I just don't see Fiverr letting go of 20%, and if they did not making a bigger song and dance about it. 

Fiverr Verified Pros are not referred to as sellers by Fiverr....

• Like 3

The more I think about it, the elimination of the various fees charged to buyers are a barrier and removal makes sense. There's no way they forego the 20% from their top earners.  As usual, clear as mud.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, emmaki said:

Fiverr Verified Pros are not referred to as sellers by Fiverr....

Fine, let me rephrase.  The way they are referring to 'freelancers' makes me think they don't specifically mean Fiverr Verified Pros.

And again, I could be wrong. I don't know.

I suppose a support ticket could answer this instead of us debating lol

• Like 3

@emmaki @newsmike @williambryan392 @visualstudios

What this Fiverr Pro Enterprise process shows is that 1) Fiverr didn't learn anything over the course of the last month about communication, 2) it's another half-baked idea with a poorly-thought-out rollout, and 3) Fiverr continually just has no idea who their audience is on either side of the proverbial aisle. 

I'm really just shocked we've all lasted this long with every new "idea" that pops up.

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2