Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

I want to add this:
This small side gig I made 2 years ago has only had about 5 orders (ignore the dreadful gig cover I still haven't updated). Before today, it had a score of 4 with negative impact in several categories(I had it screenshotted from last week, see the 2nd image).
It seems they actually listened and fixed it. I haven't had an order from this gig in over 5 months and it didnt make sense for it to have a score.
So whatever we say, they might actually be trying to do things right.

before today:

image.png?ex=65e8a86f&is=65d6336f&hm=20f63067f410de8b70cb16c2ff0b3346c9936bb47f26a743efe5d726dbec4029&=

after today:

image.png?ex=65e9f301&is=65d77e01&hm=4504486f31497eea1f9f27fc468946283bec0f9aa9ac655301d1c2de6807f487&=

Edited by chopperbricks
  • Like 31

Let’s call it what it is: Fiverr is not thinking about rolling this new system back.

They seem to be willing to filter through the feedback and see if they can make minor adjustments based on things that are happening to our profiles.

This system, however, seems to be working as intended: they needed a way to weed through the thousands of underperforming sellers.

The issues they may consider fixing are things that truly backfired and affected good performers.

I am still thoroughly confused about how many things work, but that’s my opinion based on what I am seeing at the moment.

• Like 31
  • Up 12

Hi everyone. I have a total of 2.2k 5-star reviews.  My success score is 4 after launching the next level system. But for the last few days, I got new 4-5 5-star reviews. But still my  But still success score is 4 😒

• Like 28

2 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

That's what I concluded since the valentine score reveal🥰 that delivering one order at a time on low-performing gigs and gradually improving their score - can be the ideal approach to stabilise/grow the success score in long term. 

All of us tend to look for quick fixes (ie pausing/deleting) but a bit of short-term pain and delayed gratification can actually do wonders in long term. 

But still there is a confusion that what actually should be done? Sometimes they say, it won't affect anything.. Sometimes they say it will.. I'm just screwed.. :classic_unsure:

• Like 27

2 minutes ago, exdesigns said:

Hi everyone. I have a total of 2.2k 5-star reviews.  My success score is 4 after launching the next level system. But for the last few days, I got new 4-5 5-star reviews. But still my  But still success score is 4 😒

Public reviews don’t carry that much weight when compared to private ones. Also: we are not sure how long it takes to see changes in our SS.

• Like 27
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

I think they should start by doing badthings to everyone who spams their webinars.

I'm just annoyed because the comments were closed before I could shout at them

I'm pretty tired of this new update at this point. Can't someone at Fiverr just make a nice 1-pager with a pretty graph and a bulletpoint summary that explains everything?

• Like 28
  • Haha 2
  • Up 6

3 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

But still there is a confusion that what actually should be done? Sometimes they say, it won't affect anything.. Sometimes they say it will.. I'm just screwed.. :classic_unsure:

My suggestion would be to just keep them, since they have less weightage in the overall score anyway.  

Your success score flickered slightly after one delivery, so it might revert back to the original score too - AFTER the next order!! 😂

• Like 28
  • Up 2

Just now, priyank_mod said:

My suggestion would be to just keep them, since they have less weightage in the overall score anyway.  

Your success score flickered slightly after one delivery, so it might revert back to the original score too - AFTER the next order!! 😂

Another funny thing: My SS already reverted back to 10 after delivery of 2 orders. I am not sure that how are they (AI) actually measuring everything.. But it looks like that we all have to adapt to this new level system no matter what. 

And sure. I am gonna follow your suggestion i.e. to keep the under-performing gigs. ✌️

• Like 27

Honestly I'm finding less and less things to complain about, ugh. We can say all we want but they did answer most key points (granted not on today's webinar that's for sure)
Lack of transpency and overreliance on AI are my main concerns still left unanswered.
It's an update I'm unhappy about for sure but not the end of the world I was crying about for several days straight.
It's just the emotional abuse- 😭

• Like 26
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, carineb said:

No Fiverr member has commented on the answers to the 3 questions in the customer satisfaction questionnaire, which now jump directly from "Average" to "Very Good".
I really don't understand why there's no nuance between average and very good!

"Very Good" is now worth 4 stars, whereas "Very good" used to be worth 5 stars. The number of stars required to maintain our Level must be lowered accordingly!

I notice that Fiverr has understood for the CS questionnaire that it is important to have a nuance between Average and Very Satisfied... 

1 Seller.JPG

1 CS.JPG

The rating should be as your suggestion. To be honest, personally, I am afraid of taking order for the moment if buyer review is still like this. I do not have a high volume orders, and 5 4stars will really hurt my overall rating even if it is supposed to be very good for now.

• Like 28

Hello all I just went to the webinar about the new level system and what I heard there gave me a little hope that everything will be okay 🙂 They said that many accounts were flagged due to an error and Fiverr is now working on fixing this problem????

• Like 25
  • Up 4

Just now, chopperbricks said:

Lack of transpency and overreliance on AI are my main concerns still left unanswered.

Transparency is quite a double-edged sword at this marketplace. 

For every decent seller who is sincerely trying to make a living here and wants clarity & transparency, there are 100 out there who would jump straight in to manipulate the system - moment they get extra clarity on how things work!! 🤦‍♂️

• Like 29
  • Sad 1
  • Up 7

The problem is that they are taking events such as order cancellations, or delivery extensions with situations that automatically damage buyers' satisfaction when this is not the case in most cases and is discussed with the customer beforehand. It also doesn't seem fair to me that they compare my performance with others in my category, since not all of us have the same lifestyle, many have a work team, or simply others if they deliver their orders according to the Fiverr parameters and great, you are happy to Fiverr, but not to your buyers.

There are many variables and subjective, however and as several have already commented, this system is here to stay, and I definitely do not think it helps to "clean" the platform of bad sellers, it is what it is and nothing more 🙂

Edited by karladeandrade
  • Like 27

2 minutes ago, carrotymusic said:

They said that many accounts were flagged due to an error and Fiverr is now working on fixing this problem????

If I understood it correctly, they said that some of those flags were in error, and they're working on fixing it.

• Like 25
  • Up 6

10 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Another funny thing: My SS already reverted back to 10 after delivery of 2 orders. I am not sure that how are they (AI) actually measuring everything.. But it looks like that we all have to adapt to this new level system no matter what. 

And sure. I am gonna follow your suggestion i.e. to keep the under-performing gigs. ✌️

Your success score seems to be at 9.49 or so - and every order rounds it off to 10 or 9!! 

Meanwhile, remembered a meme for it

CatSynth Pic: Self-Oscillating - CatSynth

• Like 30
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, catwriter said:

If I understood it correctly, they said that some of those flags were in error, and they're working on fixing it.

This slide from the webinar says a lot without revealing anything !!

image.png.02ed2c0ee22d232490df841906877980.png

• Like 22
  • Up 4

3 minutes ago, michmikaia said:

To be honest, personally, I am afraid of taking order for the moment if buyer review is still like this.

A customer asked me if she should send me her revision requests before her vacations or if she could send them in mid-March.

In the past, I would have pressured her to send me the revisions as soon as possible. But that's no longer the case!
When she comes back from vacation, she won't be able to leave me a note. This allows me to avoid an irrational 4/5 for "Very good"!
After the era when sellers chased reviews, here comes the era when we don't want reviews...

I still haven't digested my two 4/5 and 4.3/5 reviews in less than a week. My last review below 5 was in January 2021...

• Like 26
  • Sad 1
  • Up 4

Anyway, pulling myself back on topic, I video'd the thing, so I have screenshots! I shall provide screenshots of the presentation. It might be useful, it might not...

I could also name and shame some of the toddlers, but I suppose that's not allowed.

image.png.22615e763028d048dae1897dd334a182.png3.

image.png.864401fb1840b3dfc599a84628a40d16.png4.

image.png.067be7cf64355fa900a628acda978e60.png

image.png.e316acc35d9718d558c5e1a0603e7937.png

image.png.7b4ca016653f18093274ac46c0ef45cf.png

image.png

• Like 25
  • Up 3

Hello @frank_d, I'm a new seller and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about this platform so thanks for opening this necessary topic.
Here's my take on the last message made by @Kesha.
Let's try to make things a bit more clear all together.

"Engaging with these tools will not result in a direct negative impact on your score in itself."

Why does Kesha use the word "direct"? Can we impact the Success Score indirectly?
Probably yes, the reference could be the new rating system with all these checkboxes.

"Revisions and extensions, when they can be prevented by better communication, may harm the buyer experience, and in such cases, they could affect your Success Score."

How do they understand that?
Is this a reference to the new rating system where buyers can select, through a checklist, the level of communication?

"Setting proper expectations, meeting deadlines, and delivering on time all play a significant role in the buyer experience and have the potential to influence your score."

About these three elements:
Expectation: if buyers don't like the outcome you need to do your best to please them. Working more and providing more solutions could be the way to go. If you fail, they can ask for a refund and you can say goodbye to your money.
Deadline: revisions and extensions could impact your score, so apparently, if you want to be safe, just avoid using it.
Delivery: They take into account many statistics, one of which includes "how long it takes you to deliver the final product and how that compares to other sellers in your niche".

Let's wrap it up.
I need to set a realistic delivery time, but this delivery time needs to be similar to my niche delivery time. If mine is 7 days and the niche one has an average of 4 days, what should I do? Is it better to match the niche average delivery time or not?
Will a forced gig extension made because of the unresponsiveness of a buyer be considered neutral or will it be considered negative?
If the buyer is happy and satisfied, even if I used extensions and/or revisions, will the final score be extremely positive?
Is it better to deliver on time and receive a "very good" review or is it better to deliver with extensions and/or revisions and receive an "exceptional" rating?

I didn't watch the webinar but based on what I read so far they give huge importance to metrics, statistics, and whatever is analyzed by their fAIver software rather than humans' real feedback, that's crazy.
I want to remember that these graphs that the Fiverr team is analyzing are footprints made by humans so I think they shouldn't ignore the source of that data.

• Like 27
  • Up 2

50 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I just submitted a review today and they changed the question to “what was the value of the delivery” instead of “value for money”.

so it’s true, they are experimenting with how it’s phrased at least.

They should also think about changing the answers and putting "Good" between "Average" and "Very good"!!!!

• Like 27
  • Up 5