Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

I think a lot of what needs to be said was already said, and I won't add to it overly.

There are now so many data points included in the ongoing evaluation, and it is much more complex, including I think AI judging communication amongst other things. For all this to be done correctly takes a lot of thought and a lot of work. Algos are incredibly complicated, and few (including me) could ever understand them. I admire Fiverr for innovating but something doesn't seem right.

Cancelations that shouldn't have been included have in fact been included (kudos for acknowledging this and being open about it) and I've seen a TRS with 0.2 as a score. As well as a lot of sudden location issues (maybe naughty sellers are being caught, or maybe it's a bug). 

So my biggest concern is this...

These are the easy-to-spot bugs/issues we see and my concern is that there could well be other bugs we don't.

If these can make it through the QA process, then what harder-to-spot things did too?

I think 'trust' is really important between platforms and users, and whilst the intention might have been to improve transparency and trust, these bugs run the risk of doing the opposite.

So, due to what's happened, I wonder if there will be a thorough code review to ensure other things haven't slipped through, or the QA process amended, or the changes rolled back or the one month implementation extended to allow for changes.

I think transparency is now more important than ever so I hope we learn more.

(I'll also add that we should remember @Kesha is the messenger here, not customer support, or a developer or a success manager (I think!), so let's not shoot the messenger and if you need specific account feedback then contact support or your SM.)

• Like 19
  • Up 14

21 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

I can't wait to see what the shareholders think when the stock price drops due to a majority of Top Sellers making less than half their normal sales,

That won't matter. Price has dropped over 90% from the top, nothing changed. Stock price only matters in a very long timeframe, specially for the kind of business Fiverr is - these new "tech" startups are expected to burn cash for a long time, just look at uber, etc.

Personally I hope it goes up a bit in the short term, so I can exit my position at break even, at least.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 13

12 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

(I'll also add that we should remember @Kesha is the messenger here, not customer support, or a developer or a success manager (I think!), so let's not shoot the messenger and if you need specific account feedback then contact support or your SM.)

That is true, but it's not a nice look when there's a clear cherry picking of what to answer. I've asked several questions, in several threads, over a long time period, and I never get a reply. In the meanwhile, the softballs lobbed by meksells get replies right away. That's not cool. I understand if they don't have an answer - but then say just that. "Hey, sorry, but I don't know the answers to that, I'll try to see if I can find them". That's the bare minimum.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 13
  • Up 9

Just now, visualstudios said:

That is true, but it's not a nice look when there's a clear cherry picking of what to answer.

This is quite aggravating. I'd love to hear what Fiverr has to say about @anniejenkinson's posts. She raises some really good points that deserve an answer. 

As it is, all we have are buzzwords about transparency and an abject lack one of the most important criteria to achieve it: accountability. 

It really wouldn't hurt to just say...

4 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

"Hey, sorry, but I don't know the answers to that, I'll try to see if I can find them".

• Like 13
  • Up 5

I have exactly the same problem as many others here in the forum. 

I literally got a 3 score on a gig with 4 (!) orders, which is not that much, and all with 5 stars all my clients were very satisfied and i even got repeat work. 

this is totally destroying my overall score and the comment "Conflict-free orders" has a negative impact, is just not transparent as I have no idea what those people could have meant. as EVERYONE was satisfied. 

it is a shame that after two years of hard work we are not getting clear answers as to how to improve our scores and how those metrics work. 

are those just private ratings? or is something else also taken into account?

• Like 16
  • Up 3

I've read many messages and sensed the concerns of all the sellers here. As a seller, I'm apprehensive about this new level system, and I genuinely don't know how I can improve my level within this new system.

Additionally, please consider removing the 'value for money' question for buyers. It's detrimental, as it compels most sellers to reduce their prices. Since I don't (because I have a fixed fair price in my field), it can negatively impact our accounts

Edited by farshad19rodar
  • Like 11
  • Up 8

Some updates are good, but things should be much easier... As a seller I do my job exactly as I should do my job, no cutting corners, always being polite, always sending updates, follow ups, and so on...  I understand that others might not do the same but seriously now when you are a seller on a platform like Fiverr which is one of the biggest freelancer platforms in the entire world you would want to have a little peace of mind and to be left to do your job properly without worrying daily about the new rating system, success scores, private feedbacks, getting banned, getting warnings and so on. I understand that there are rules and people need to follow those rules, it's completely normal but most sellers at least the ones who actually do what they say, and their purpose here is to deliver high quality would want to be left in pace..and to focus on what they do. These updates can have a bad influence of our quality of work not to mention about mental health . You can't do your best while having to worry about all these things.

• Like 12
  • Up 16

16 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

hat is true, but it's not a nice look when there's a clear cherry picking of what to answer. I've asked several questions, in several threads, over a long time period, and I never get a reply. In the meanwhile, the softballs lobbed by meksells get replies right away. That's not cool. I understand if they don't have an answer - but then say just that. "Hey, sorry, but I don't know the answers to that, I'll try to see if I can find them". That's the bare minimum.

I get you, but I expect she's been tagged maybe hundreds of times today and is in firefighting mode, answering what she can when she can. I expect the other questions are being noted and further info sought, and there have been comments from her stating that it's all being noted.

I had the same conversation with CS last night re the cancelation metric and I got 3 canned replies so in the end I gave up and flagged to my SM. It was a painful experience. Today we get the info that it was mistakenly included. 

Given the bugs, and the lack of info I don't blame Kesha for playing it safe, and only adding info that is known to be correct.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, arsalanco1 said:
Dear Fiverr 
Good day!
I just got notification on my account about Your account has been flagged for a severe violation of Fiverr policies)  but whats the reason? 
But what location violation? Or what other activity? I am living in Karachi pakistan since last 1999 and never goes on even vication as well 
Now what about my level 2 status or whats my account status at the moment? I want to know a bit more in detail please
If you want i can provide you my IP along with public IP 
Or any other document of proof you want 
I use fiverr in Karachi Pakistan and i am the student and a working professional too 
And providing service since 2019 on fiverr i have 2 laptops 1 i use in office and 1 at home i can provide you the mac address or anything you want and more i can provide you my government issue ID for verification 
And more sometimes i do use VPN on phone to watch netflix USA series but never use VPN on web while using fiverr 

Capture.JPG

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-15 at 3.19.05 PM.jpeg

5 hours ago, msw_77 said:

@Kesha please do clarify on this 
Thanks

3 hours ago, riaus_g said:

The new update is showing (But I have not done anything wrong):

Account flagged

You are not able to participate in the level system and have lost access to certain level benefits.

1 hour ago, krrishsodho said:

I am seeing a lot of accounts flagged, A lot of stories posted on Social Media, Well I feel like these people have multiple accounts. Just a guess as I saw this with someone I know and he was using multiple accounts.

1 hour ago, msw_77 said:

@Kesha can you please look into the account flagged due to location inconsistencies issue? 

Alot of freelancers got this message. Can you please let us know if there is any hope for them to work on the fiverr or should they say goodbye to fiverr?

Any explanation why they are flagged?
They didn't get any warning no TOS violation 
Just suddenly out of nowhere they can no longer participate in level system ?

Your reply to this will be appreciated thanks.

48 minutes ago, adanaik said:

@Kesha @Lyndsey_Fiverr I have seen a large number of Freelancers posting about ACCOUNT FLAGGED due to LOCATION INCONSISTENCIES, without any prior notice/warning or a mail explaining the actual reason. But you haven't mentioned these issues in your recent post.

Freelancers were once know as Digital Nomads 🙂 Now we have to stick to one place I guess to avoid INCONSISTENT LOCATION issues

44 minutes ago, riaus_g said:

Facing the same issue but I have not changed the location

42 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

might be just some bug in the end 

Hi everyone! Location inconsistencies can indicate the use of false or inaccurate location information on your account. If you believe your account was flagged incorrectly, it's best to reach out to Customer Support for assistance with your specific case. They can provide further clarification and help resolve any issues related to location discrepancies. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Up 4

1 hour ago, terrygrantvo said:

Well if it's not being done by AI then how on earth are you determining whether or not I'm being 'professional' in my communication with clients? How specifically is this being determined? Are there keywords that are getting flagged? Are you guys reading all of our messages? How do you know when I am using 'jargon' or 'lingo' and when I am not?

(I read everything at the links, they don't address anything specific)

I sincerely feel I am being played, but I don't want to appear aggressive, but I notice a disconcerting impassivity to the demands of us vendors. They are playing with our lives and I get the impression that they are not realizing it...

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, carminesannino said:

They are playing with our lives and I get the impression that they are not realizing it..

What is more insane is that they are playing with their income as well. The less we make, the less they make.

I. Do. Not. Get it.

• Like 15
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

About the effective communication score: 

How can it be, that in one of my gig it says strong positive impact, in the other on room for growth and in the next one: negative impact. I am communicating always professional, polite and effective - in all of my gigs, I do not make any difference between them. Who and how can evaluate this anyway?

This is insane... 😱

• Like 18
  • Haha 1
  • Up 19

38 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

I get you, but I expect she's been tagged maybe hundreds of times today and is in firefighting mode, answering what she can when she can. I expect the other questions are being noted and further info sought, and there have been comments from her stating that it's all being noted.

I had the same conversation with CS last night re the cancelation metric and I got 3 canned replies so in the end I gave up and flagged to my SM. It was a painful experience. Today we get the info that it was mistakenly included. 

Given the bugs, and the lack of info I don't blame Kesha for playing it safe, and only adding info that is known to be correct.

I queried customer service about this today and was told that my cancellations did count. I am trying to find out how that is possible because they hadn't submitted the requirements and I was told that I should have contacted customer support at the time and they can't help me now. Then I replied that the message on the cancellation page is -

Order was canceled via the Resolution Center

Policy update: The cancellation will not affect any of your seller statistics as ___________  canceled the order before sending their requirements.

I have queried if they have therefore changed their policy. Considering my back and forth over the day I would say we should all still be very worried about the cancellation issue
  • Like 13
  • Up 5

14 minutes ago, carminesannino said:

They are playing with our lives and I get the impression that they are not realizing it...

100%.

This feels like a gut-punch. After being level 2 for a couple years, I'm now dropped to level 1 and my most popular gig is a success score of 6, but I have had no negative feedback from any clients. I have several gigis showing negative impact from "communication" but I have no idea how since I respond immediately to anyone who messages me and haven't had anyone say their work wasn't what they wanted. I know private reviews are a thing, but come on!

I work so hard every single day and this has really made me feel like giving up. I mean, if I've been bending over backward already and it hasn't been enough, why bother? I dont know what more I could do aside from time-traveling to deliver immediately and having dollar store prices. 

I guess I just really didn't need this today. Or at all. Fiverr Team, i hope you're all paying attention to our response to the new system. 

• Like 18
  • Up 16

1 minute ago, vegvarieszter said:

How can it be, that in one of my gig it says strong positive impact, in the other on room for growth and in the next one: negative impact. I am communicating always professional, polite and effective - in all of my gigs, I do not make any difference between them. Who and how can evaluate this anyway?

This is insane... 😱

This is exactly what I'm feeling. I don't change how I communicate from one gig to the next or one client to the other. I'm polite, and answer all questions and concerns immediately, in detail. I keep them up to date daily and throughout the process so they know what's going on with their order at all time and don't have to chase me to find out. I don't argue with them even when they are rude. Yet, several of my gigs have praise for communication, some have "room for growth" and others show "strong negative impact". None of this makes sense.

• Like 20
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, dianeofmusgrave said:

I queried customer service about this today and was told that my cancellations did count. I am trying to find out how that is possible because they hadn't submitted the requirements and I was told that I should have contacted customer support at the time and they can't help me now. Then I replied that the message on the cancellation page is -

Order was canceled via the Resolution Center

Policy update: The cancellation will not affect any of your seller statistics as ___________  canceled the order before sending their requirements.

I have queried if they have therefore changed their policy. Considering my back and forth over the day I would say we should all still be very worried about the cancellation issue

Fiverr has serious internal communication issues that are spilling out all over the place with this launch. 

They know this. Various success managers have admitted it to sellers over the years. 

Is it really any surprise that this whole launch is a disorganized mess of hot garbage where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing? 

This is a site that wants to be trusted by millions of users as a place to do business. A place that can barely carry out its own business with the integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness that it demands of its users.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Up 12

4 minutes ago, aubergine07 said:

100%.

This feels like a gut-punch. After being level 2 for a couple years, I'm now dropped to level 1 and my most popular gig is a success score of 6, but I have had no negative feedback from any clients. I have several gigis showing negative impact from "communication" but I have no idea how since I respond immediately to anyone who messages me and haven't had anyone say their work wasn't what they wanted. I know private reviews are a thing, but come on!

I work so hard every single day and this has really made me feel like giving up. I mean, if I've been bending over backward already and it hasn't been enough, why bother? I dont know what more I could do aside from time-traveling to deliver immediately and having dollar store prices. 

I guess I just really didn't need this today. Or at all. Fiverr Team, i hope you're all paying attention to our response to the new system. 

Cheer up, you still look collaborative to me 🙂

(I'm sorry to hear this affected you)

• Like 11
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

11 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

This is exactly what I'm feeling. I don't change how I communicate from one gig to the next or one client to the other. I'm polite, and answer all questions and concerns immediately, in detail. I keep them up to date daily and throughout the process so they know what's going on with their order at all time and don't have to chase me to find out. I don't argue with them even when they are rude. Yet, several of my gigs have praise for communication, some have "room for growth" and others show "strong negative impact". None of this makes sense.

18 minutes ago, vegvarieszter said:

This is insane... 😱

The same issues, questions....No comments, crazy level update

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Kesha said:

Hi! The Conflict of Orders metric, looks into unresolved matters regarding delivery times and cancellations requests, as well as the number of disputes that had to be escalated to the Fiverr Customer Support Team. The score will also take into account any indications that the client had a bad experience and was unsatisfied with the delivery. For tips on how to improve this and other key areas of your Success Score, read more here

Hello @Kesha

The Conflict of Orders metric shows negative impact on one of my gigs, even though I have NEVER had an order dispute with a buyer, no order cancellations or late deliveries in over @ years of selling. I have never had anything apart from a 5 star rating on ALL jobs I have completed, totalling almost 100.

How then can I have a conflict of orders? The most frustrating thing is, Fiverr Support only gives generic and non-personal answers that do not solve anything. What do you suggest I do?

• Like 16
  • Up 5