Jump to content

Enhanced Seller Profiles and Why You Should Update Your Page


Recommended Posts

You may have noticed a recent change in the design and layout of the buyer’s view of your seller page. 

The layout draws inspiration from the Fiverr Pro freelancer page which has proven to yield superior results in engagement and conversion rates. Understanding that customers are more likely to purchase based on their intrigue and connection with the sellers, the new layout shifts away from emphasizing your gigs and instead places the focus on who you are as a freelancer. 

This change allows buyers to have a more accessible snapshot of your individuality, the services you offer, and your past projects. In addition, the robust layout features a comprehensive overview of all your capabilities as a seller on our platform. This holistic view exposes buyers to the full gamut of all you can offer and creates more opportunities for connection and conversions. 

To account for these changes it is important to update your profile with as much information about you as possible. Make sure your profile highlights your relevant skills, features a detailed profile description, and includes a captivating seller intro video. Since these elements are now a prominent part of your profile, incorporating them will help you stand out. 

Let us know your thoughts on the change to the profile presentation! 

  • Like 80
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Kesha said:

Make sure your profile highlights your relevant skills,

Why were the skill test results removed from the profile if the skills are important?

Couldn't there have been other tests if there were issues with the current ones?

Quote

The layout draws inspiration from the Fiverr Pro freelancer page which has proven to yield superior results in engagement and conversion rates.

is it currently increasing the conversions for non-pro sellers on average though or could it mainly have helped Pro sellers? Won't the gigs be more important for some sellers and so it might help to show all of their gigs on their profile page (or at least the same amount it showed before).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 35
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Lena pinned this topic
7 hours ago, hedayetsaadi556 said:

Is there any way to add intro videos to the profile? The one I know is just the gig videos. 

Yes, you can add an intro video to your profile. For more information on how to do so, check out this Help Center article here.

  • Like 40
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Why were the skill test results removed from the profile if the skills are important?

Couldn't there have been other tests if there were issues with the current ones?

We found that the skills test was not something that buyers highly considered when choosing which freelancer to work with. They may return at a later point, but currently, the other elements on the profile provide more relevant information for the buyer.

11 hours ago, uk1000 said:

is it currently increasing the conversions for non-pro sellers on average though or could it mainly have helped Pro sellers? Won't the gigs be more important for some sellers and so it might help to show all of their gigs on their profile page (or at least the same amount it showed before).

While Gigs are an important part of a Seller’s profile, the main thing that drives buyers to work with you is the connection or intrigue they form with you. Before deciding to check out your gigs, the buyers' main priority is learning more about you as a seller. That's why this new layout places more emphasis o the seller rather than their gigs. 

  • Like 34
  • Confused 1
  • Up 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay thanks. So I assume it is increasing conversations of non-pro sellers vs how it was before the recent seller profiles change then based on data you have (though that wasn't stated).

Though making the profile page more visible but with less info on it (at least before you click the "more info", eg. things like skill test results were removed, the level of understanding each language was removed from the main page before clicking that info button), and minimizing the gigs isn't going to make it very easy for them to find a seller's other gigs that they might want to order if they were interested after going to a seller's profile and it's the gigs that they buy. And with the level of language understanding moved to the "more info" page it will be harder for sellers to see that for each seller they want to check, and that might be important to them.

I just think having seller intro videos etc. is less important for regular sellers and could be more important for Pro sellers. In my view I think it could be the quality of service and whether it's delivered as they want rather than how much they like a particular seller that might be more important for some buyers.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 32
  • Up 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What we already see is that 50% of the new sellers greatly exaggerate in their skills, language level, experience, capabilities, the number of completed projects, the size of the (usually made-up team), etc....

It is a pity that Fiverr will now ensure that this percentage will increase even further.

  • Like 34
  • Up 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2024 at 12:42 PM, Kesha said:

You may have noticed a recent change in the design and layout of the buyer’s view of your seller page. 

Hi @Kesha!

I'll have to admit that it was really hard for me to come to terms with this new layout over the past year. I grumbled a lot because I really liked the old layout. I thought the old way provided a better "snapshot" to buyers without them having to click so much to expand all the different sections.

On 1/8/2024 at 12:42 PM, Kesha said:

This change allows buyers to have a more accessible snapshot of your individuality, the services you offer, and your past projects.

After seeing your post, I did update my seller profile, but it was to include less information. My seller intro was condensed to three lines (so buyers don't have to "Read more") and the number of skills that I have listed was pared down to five (so buyers don't have to click on the "Show more" to expand the skills section). I also deleted a bunch of certifications so that buyers would not have to scroll down to see more if they clicked on the "More about me" button. I'm now happy with this new look but deleted a lot of information about myself in the process. I know the goal was to increase buyer engagement with seller web pages but I found most buyers weren't expanding the sections to read more (especially in the gig descriptions). I do like how big the portfolio samples are and those samples are getting seen by buyers. 😊

On 1/8/2024 at 12:42 PM, Kesha said:

the new layout shifts away from emphasizing your gigs and instead places the focus on who you are as a freelancer. 

While this is good move for the seller profile (which should emphasize the seller), this was not a good move for the gig page (which should emphasize the service). Because I didn't like how the new gig view emphasized the seller instead of the service, I switched all my subcategories so that I could retain the "old" gig page view - the view that emphasizes the service being provided, the gallery samples, and allows all buyers to read the entire gig description without clicking more to expand the section. I felt this change was necessary because I received so many spammy and irrelevant messages from buyers who were not reading my gig descriptions after the new gig page view was implemented.

On 1/8/2024 at 12:42 PM, Kesha said:

The layout draws inspiration from the Fiverr Pro freelancer page which has proven to yield superior results in engagement and conversion rates.

I can see why Fiverr is trying to make all gigs look like Pro gigs. However, the increased engagement is probably due to the increased clicking that is required to read all the content. As for conversion rates, I know mine fell with the new seller-focused layout for my gigs. Buyers weren't reading past the few lines of the gig description that was shown. So I reverted back to the old view and had better conversion rates. I'll have to adjust if all gigs eventually revert to this new gig view.

 

  • Like 32
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, vickieito said:

the increased engagement is probably due to the increased clicking that is required to read all the content.

Very, very possible. And buyers might get annoyed if they have to click so much. I mean, those who keep clicking might end up more invested in buying (same as with long sales copy, plus who wants to go through the same process of endless clicking again and again and again), but how many will simply give up or decide not to click and then proceed to request something you don't offer?

13 hours ago, uk1000 said:

And with the level of language understanding moved to the "more info" page it will be harder for sellers to see that for each seller they want to check, and that might be important to them.

I'm not sure how many buyers actually notice the language part. I had plenty of messages from prospects looking for native English speakers, even though it's clearly stated on my profile that I'm neither native nor bilingual.

I do agree that that part should be immediately visible, though. I'm sure it's important to some buyers (important enough that they will bother to look), plus it might help sellers defend themselves in some situations (as in, "Sorry, but as stated on my profile, I'm not a native English speaker, can you please explain it in a more simple language?").

13 hours ago, uk1000 said:

I just think having seller intro videos etc. is less important for regular sellers and could be more important for Pro sellers. In my view I think it could be the quality of service and whether it's delivered as they want rather than how much they like a particular seller that might be more important for some buyers.

To me it looks like a seller intro video could be more important if the seller has higher prices; buyers who are to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a single gig are likely to want to know who they'll be working with. But a $5 gig, or a $20 gig? Would a buyer actually care that much?

  • Like 30
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2024 at 11:42 PM, Kesha said:

Let us know your thoughts on the change to the profile presentation! 

Hello @Kesha, as a new Fiverr seller (in a visual field), I was wondering why I'm not able to create a portfolio that can be shown on the profile page.
I was browsing other gigs and in some profiles, I saw people having it.
Is this an exclusive feature for level one and above?

As I said, my field is a visual one, and after presenting myself with experience, skills, certifications, detailed offers description, and FAQ, I'd like to show also some of my actual works (even just one!) otherwise it all relies on "believe me".

The only way I can show something bigger than thumbnails is by uploading a PDF, but unfortunately it is visible only after scrolling the previous three images of the gig's thumbnails (and only on desktop devices!).
Also, I needed to make a CTA for that slide to let people know to click on the image itself to see the uploaded file.
Honestly, without the CTA it's not so intuitive because the "view presentation" label appears only if a user hovers on the gig's image.

Now I'm planning to make a video presentation, which I guess is the only thing missing on my profile, otherwise, potential buyers will struggle to find this hidden file.
I assume it's not easy because, right now, if I have an interested buyer, he/she needs to slide three images, make a click on the image with CTA, and then he/she can review the uploaded works and evaluate them along with the offer price and skills required.

As of today, I optimized my gig's thumbnails and created a uniform look, optimized the gig's description, and used keywords and proper metadata but I feel like something is missing and I think it's the portfolio feature.

If both a user and I register at the same time, and he/she signs up on Fiverr to start their career in design, while I already have years of experience in the design field, how can I showcase my expertise and differentiate myself from someone who's just starting out?

I'm open to suggestions, thanks! :classic_smile:

  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, vickieito said:

I know the goal was to increase buyer engagement with seller web pages but I found most buyers weren't expanding the sections to read more (especially in the gig descriptions).

Hmm... Now I remembered something.

Amazon uses something similar with, say, book blurbs. There are about 30 words "above the fold", and then readers have to click on "Show more" if they want to read the whole blurb (and I guess that it's a part of Amazon's tracking, how far a number of buyers gets: do they read only "above the fold" part, do they click to read the entire blurb, do they check out the reviews after that, and/or click to read the sample...). Perhaps Fiverr is trying to do the same? If yes, the trick might be the same as with blurbs: to use the visible part (three lines in this case) for a hook that will intrigue the buyers so much that they want to click on "Show more".

I don't see it working with someone who's in a hurry to place the order and get the job done, but with the complex work you're offering, it might inspire confidence.

Might.

  • Like 25
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Kesha said:

the main thing that drives buyers to work with you is the connection or intrigue they form with you. Before deciding to check out your gigs, the buyers' main priority is learning more about you as a seller.

This would explain the increased inquiries from irrelevant buyers. This also increased the amount of time I spent answering questions from buyers who weren't relevant, so even though they were very interested in placing an order, I had to kindly tell them that I didn't provide the services they were requesting and turn them away. Although this shows higher buyer engagement, I feel bad because it was a waste of those buyers' time to chat with me.

14 minutes ago, catwriter said:

with the complex work you're offering, it might inspire confidence.

If the conversion rate was from gig to inbox, it did increase (in the form of higher inquiries from buyers). I think the Portfolio section helps a lot because that section is pretty big and hard to miss. I do like how our Portfolios are highlighted. Although I don't have a seller video, I do notice that most of my high-dollar clients will always request a Zoom meeting first to discuss their specific needs and projects.

4 hours ago, edc_lab said:

I was wondering why I'm not able to create a portfolio that can be shown on the profile page.

Since the Portfolio section is highlighted (and seller profiles now look very empty without it), it would be nice if more sellers could have this feature to show off what they can do. This is probably the best part of the new profile layout.

Currently, new sellers (without orders) can only have this feature if they have the Rising Talent badge. Level 1 & Level 2 sellers only have it if their account is "selected" to have it (probably based on seller metrics). All TRS and Pro sellers have this feature.

I was a Level 2 seller for the longest time without the My Portfolio section (but all writing gigs at the time had a huge gallery to show off work samples). Now that there are several categories that have a very small gig galleries, it might be nice to offer the Portfolio section to more sellers or at least make it available by paid subscription.

  • Like 23
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, catwriter said:

I'm not sure how many buyers actually notice the language part. I had plenty of messages from prospects looking for native English speakers, even though it's clearly stated on my profile that I'm neither native nor bilingual.

I do agree that that part should be immediately visible, though. I'm sure it's important to some buyers (important enough that they will bother to look)

At least the loose mention of language(s) is right under our picture now, whereas it was along the sidebar or further down the page on the old version.

I still think our mother language we are fluent in should be front and center on the profile page, and maybe the others we learned be accessible by clicking more. Hopefully @Kesha will address this in the next meeting.

  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2024 at 5:18 PM, vickieito said:

Since the Portfolio section is highlighted (and seller profiles now look very empty without it), it would be nice if more sellers could have this feature to show off what they can do. This is probably the best part of the new profile layout.

Currently, new sellers (without orders) can only have this feature if they have the Rising Talent badge. Level 1 & Level 2 sellers only have it if their account is "selected" to have it (probably based on seller metrics). All TRS and Pro sellers have this feature.

I was a Level 2 seller for the longest time without the My Portfolio section (but all writing gigs at the time had a huge gallery to show off work samples). Now that there are several categories that have a very small gig galleries, it might be nice to offer the Portfolio section to more sellers or at least make it available by paid subscription.


Yes, I think it's crucial because at the moment I can just wait for the first "brave" client to choose me. I say brave because I haven't received a single review so far and I think this could scare potential buyers, even if I'm a legitimate seller.
Also, I'm trying to figure out if my prices, as a new seller, are too high for a profile with zero orders.
And the sensation here is to lower it, but honestly, I don't like it so much, because reading something like "experienced designer" with $5 worth of gigs seems not very trustworthy.

My goal is to communicate what follows:
- that's what I offer.
- that's what you can receive.
- that's the price of it.

But it's ok, this is the way it works so I think I'll try to make a video showing the projects I worked on, right on the gig's thumbnail, maybe this could be a nice way to overcome the missing portfolio feature.
It's a nice challenge! :classic_smile:

  • Like 19
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2024 at 4:18 PM, vickieito said:

This would explain the increased inquiries from irrelevant buyers. This also increased the amount of time I spent answering questions from buyers who weren't relevant, so even though they were very interested in placing an order, I had to kindly tell them that I didn't provide the services they were requesting and turn them away. Although this shows higher buyer engagement, I feel bad because it was a waste of those buyers' time to chat with me.

If the conversion rate was from gig to inbox, it did increase (in the form of higher inquiries from buyers). I think the Portfolio section helps a lot because that section is pretty big and hard to miss. I do like how our Portfolios are highlighted. Although I don't have a seller video, I do notice that most of my high-dollar clients will always request a Zoom meeting first to discuss their specific needs and projects.

I think you, Vickie, may have just clarified for me why I am now getting an overwhelming number of buyers way less targeted than before. I waste many hours a week telling people exactly what I do and don't do, explaining the simplest things I never used to need to explain! My conversion rate has dipped (from gig to commissioning) despite me getting a ton of mostly unwanted and irrelevant messages from buyers who not looking for my service type.

I used to convert 50% of enquiries. Now, I am lucky if one in thirty enquiries is truly relevant. Yes, the buyers are looking for services allied to what I offer (but not exactly what I offer) and it feels as though Fiverr has screwed the targeting without me altering anything at my side. This also means I spend so much more on promoted ads. I suspect the myriad of Fiverr changes has somehow messed things up, probably by a combination of tweaks over recent months, fixing what wasn't broken.

  • Like 16
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2024 at 6:47 AM, vickieito said:

Hi @Kesha!

I'll have to admit that it was really hard for me to come to terms with this new layout over the past year. I grumbled a lot because I really liked the old layout. I thought the old way provided a better "snapshot" to buyers without them having to click so much to expand all the different sections.

After seeing your post, I did update my seller profile, but it was to include less information. My seller intro was condensed to three lines (so buyers don't have to "Read more") and the number of skills that I have listed was pared down to five (so buyers don't have to click on the "Show more" to expand the skills section). I also deleted a bunch of certifications so that buyers would not have to scroll down to see more if they clicked on the "More about me" button. I'm now happy with this new look but deleted a lot of information about myself in the process. I know the goal was to increase buyer engagement with seller web pages but I found most buyers weren't expanding the sections to read more (especially in the gig descriptions). I do like how big the portfolio samples are and those samples are getting seen by buyers. 😊

While this is good move for the seller profile (which should emphasize the seller), this was not a good move for the gig page (which should emphasize the service). Because I didn't like how the new gig view emphasized the seller instead of the service, I switched all my subcategories so that I could retain the "old" gig page view - the view that emphasizes the service being provided, the gallery samples, and allows all buyers to read the entire gig description without clicking more to expand the section. I felt this change was necessary because I received so many spammy and irrelevant messages from buyers who were not reading my gig descriptions after the new gig page view was implemented.

I can see why Fiverr is trying to make all gigs look like Pro gigs. However, the increased engagement is probably due to the increased clicking that is required to read all the content. As for conversion rates, I know mine fell with the new seller-focused layout for my gigs. Buyers weren't reading past the few lines of the gig description that was shown. So I reverted back to the old view and had better conversion rates. I'll have to adjust if all gigs eventually revert to this new gig view.

 

I always come to this forum to learn from you, thank you 

  • Like 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the old seller profiles if the avg response time was >= around 24 hours it used to show it in days instead of hours (I'm not sure if it gave it in months if it was >= about 30 days). Though that might get inaccurate (and unfair) if it's rounding to whole days (eg. showing 2 days when it's really about 1.5 days would be unfair to the seller), the new profiles show it in hours only even when it's really high (eg. one seller profile shows an average response time over 500 hours. Won't that look a lot worse saying that than saying "around 21 days" or "21.9 days" or something? Or maybe if it's very high it could just say "over a week" or "over x weeks" instead or some other text.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Lena unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...