Success Score Dropping despite amazing review?

emmasuebowtique

Question

I am a level 2 with over 1100+ 5 star review. I have made over 100k in 2 years on Fiverr. However my success score which has been a 4 the last week, dropped to a fricken 3 overnight. I have received 8 (5) star reviews in the last 7 days, closed out 16 orders in last 7 days. Yet 6 of my gigs, went from a 4 to a 3. It does not even make sense.

Anyone else seeing the score get worse and not better?   

• Like 14
  • Sad 2

22 answers to this question

Same happens to me, despite of getting  all 5 stars, and good private feedback, still the score is dropping. On what basis they are saying negative impact on: 

Client satisfaction
Conflict-free orders
Effective communication

Even client is giving 5 stars and client himself saying good communication, and he is very happy, then what you guys want. They don't have proper metrics. I know fiverr is copying upwork,  but upwork atleast have a kind of criteria, but fiverr testing things that effecting sellers allot. 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, emmasuebowtique said:

So frustrating. I am trying to stay motivated but it is so discouraging.

Completely agree. I'm waiting to see how this plays out but have already started investigating other potential sources of income in case my Fiverr income dwindles. I'm in the slightly fortunate position that Fiverr provides a significant percentage of my income but it is not my only source of work. I know so many others are entirely dependent on Fiverr for their household funds, so this must be a devastating process to put them through!

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, az_design1 said:

I have had the same experience, I don't know what Fiverr is doing 😞

Since it's platform-wide and a lot of people complain, I think they might have extended the timeline on which they count reviews for the success score. Instead of reviews from the previous 6 months being more important, maybe they extended that to the last year. It could be a thing, and it would explain why there are so many people complaining about the success score changing overnight. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1

I was just about to post about this, all my recent orders are 5 star reviews with positive "things that went well", and i went from gig scores 4 to 3... I really dont understand what to do anymore, are they expecting complete perfection from us? It's impossible to rank up...

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

The success score feature is newly launched by the fifth. Therefore, there are many changes and updates in the pipeline.
I have noticed that the success score also depends on the impressions and clicks of other gigs. That's why I deleted one useless gig from my account.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2024 at 5:34 AM, emmasuebowtique said:

I am a level 2 with over 1100+ 5 star review. I have made over 100k in 2 years on Fiverr. However my success score which has been a 4 the last week, dropped to a fricken 3 overnight. I have received 8 (5) star reviews in the last 7 days, closed out 16 orders in last 7 days. Yet 6 of my gigs, went from a 4 to a 3. It does not even make sense.

Anyone else seeing the score get worse and not better?   

Yep, I'm in the same boat (but not the same scale of business). I have three active gigs, that a few days ago were rated 8, 6 and 5, which was enough to drop me from a Level 2, qualifying for TRS, back to Level 1. Since then, I've completed three orders and delivered an extra one. All three completed orders received five star reviews and promises to come back with more work soon, and one passed on my details to their colleagues, who placed a much bigger order (the current delivered but not yet completed order, which was delivered 3 days ahead of schedule). They are reviewing the order now but have also sent extremely positive messages saying that they like what I have done ("Amazing, thank you sooo much! Already looks so amazing. You are so talented!") which seems pretty crystal clear to me that there's no issue with my work.

And yet, overnight my success scores have dropped to 7, 5 and 5. I don't see how I could have done anything more successfully. My only consolation is that we all seem to be in the same boat and suffering through this together!!

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, thea_nrws said:

Yep, I'm in the same boat (but not the same scale of business). I have three active gigs, that a few days ago were rated 8, 6 and 5, which was enough to drop me from a Level 2, qualifying for TRS, back to Level 1. Since then, I've completed three orders and delivered an extra one. All three completed orders received five star reviews and promises to come back with more work soon, and one passed on my details to their colleagues, who placed a much bigger order (the current delivered but not yet completed order, which was delivered 3 days ahead of schedule). They are reviewing the order now but have also sent extremely positive messages saying that they like what I have done ("Amazing, thank you sooo much! Already looks so amazing. You are so talented!") which seems pretty crystal clear to me that there's no issue with my work.

And yet, overnight my success scores have dropped to 7, 5 and 5. I don't see how I could have done anything more successfully. My only consolation is that we all seem to be in the same boat and suffering through this together!!

So frustrating. I am trying to stay motivated but it is so discouraging. But yes we are all in the same boat, which gives me hope that a bug needs to be fixed. I do know that the cancellation rate is not calculating properly, my CS manager confirmed that & said they are working to get it fixed before March 14th. So if that is not calculating properly, who is to say that there is not any other bugs with the system.   

Edited by emmasuebowtique
  • Like 10

10 hours ago, agencymarketin said:

Same happens to me, despite of getting  all 5 stars, and good private feedback, still the score is dropping. On what basis they are saying negative impact on: 

Client satisfaction
Conflict-free orders
Effective communication

Even client is giving 5 stars and client himself saying good communication, and he is very happy, then what you guys want. They don't have proper metrics. I know fiverr is copying upwork,  but upwork atleast have a kind of criteria, but fiverr testing things that effecting sellers allot. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Since it's platform-wide and a lot of people complain, I think they might have extended the timeline on which they count reviews for the success score. Instead of reviews from the previous 6 months being more important, maybe they extended that to the last year. It could be a thing, and it would explain why there are so many people complaining about the success score changing overnight. 

I wish things could be justifiable that easily, I got 3 spams cancelations that actually didn't fill in the requirement section, they canceled it one min after the order and now it affects my success score.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

On 2/24/2024 at 11:44 AM, kohinaichimatsu said:

image.png.fad6367b9e92345bac6ca6225da518d1.png

Client Satisfaction is somehow STRONG NEGATIVE IMPACT even tho all my recent reviews are 5-stars 🙂

I do not trust that they evaluate the scores well enough, they are sabotaging theirselves.

image.png.f10f698521edca2917ac547a4fedd980.png

Yes I agree, they are sabotaging themselves & I think they know it and are scrambling to fix it. 

• Like 7

I got 4 orders by my gig, few days ago, a buyer mistakenly placed 2 orders, then I contacted CS team to cancel these orders without impacting my order completion and success score, they cancelled and said it is okay it won't affect your counters.

Today I see my success score is 3 and Conflict free orders + Order cancelation have strong impact.

It doesn't make sense, I really don't know what to do, I just think I should delete the Gig.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I have complained to Support about this Success Score system. It is completely messed up. I have had nothing but 5-star reviews on nearly every order I have completed, and pride myself on excellent communication, and always deliver a high standard. The system has knocked me down for no reason at all. Support just basically tell me about the factors that influence it, and tell me to improve, to get my score up. I am so frustrated with this that I have cancelled my Seller Plus payments, and seriously considering quitting Fiverr. I am sick of wasting time fighting over this BS.

• Like 5

On 2/25/2024 at 2:44 AM, kohinaichimatsu said:

image.png.fad6367b9e92345bac6ca6225da518d1.png

Client Satisfaction is somehow STRONG NEGATIVE IMPACT even tho all my recent reviews are 5-stars 🙂

I do not trust that they evaluate the scores well enough, they are sabotaging theirselves.

image.png.f10f698521edca2917ac547a4fedd980.png

I am having the same experience. The system is a complete mess.

• Like 6

On 2/27/2024 at 10:42 AM, az_design1 said:

I have the same experience! 

I have 5.0 rating, no cancellations, no conflicts, no complaints etc. 

April has been my best month on Fiverr order and revenue-wise, with repeat business from some customers. 

And yet my success score went from 8 to 6. 

It says Communication and Customer Satisfaction are impacted negatively, but all of my customers are happy with me and I've not had any issues. 

I've contacted support twice and twice I got copy-paste replies from what's already on the website.

I think that having this arbitrary system with no transparency is awful, especially since it does not reflect reality. 

I feel like Fiverr wants us to constantly bother customers with messages, but I get my tasks and requirements on day 1 and then deliver their order completed, the nature of my work is not one where I need to constantly send updates and follow up questions to clients and usually, I get the info I need from the documents and links they send me. 

I was also wondering if communicating with them in other languages affects this, but I'm multilingual and being able to communicate with my clients in their language should be a plus, not a minus. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, balticoakmedia said:

I think that having this arbitrary system with no transparency is awful, especially since it does not reflect reality. 

Well the funny thing is that we have more transparency now when compared to last year around this time or the end of 2023. We didn't know what score Fiverr has for our gigs, you had to talk with the success manager and learn that your buyer satisfaction rate was low, but that was never something we could see at any time. So it's actually more transparent than it once was.

The problem is that even if we have more transparency, we are now compared with other sellers and their performance, and at the same time a lot of the stuff used to score us is private. 

In your case, it might be possible that a buyer either left a bad private review, knowingly or by mistake. Usually this is the reason why scores fluctuate. When you check your success score dashboard and click on your gigs, is there anything that shows as negative?

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Same exact situation. No rhyme or reason for success score of 6.  Totally happy and satisfied customers. Customer support is of no help, offering no real explanations. I truly hope enough people are complaining that they do something about pitting sellers against each other. The success score is harming lots of people and they seem to do nothing about it nor seem to care how it is effecting sellers. 

• Like 5

In my expirence, if you are in the hell zone (bellow 5) in your performance, it will be very difficult to improve it quickly. Personally, I was marked with a 4 due to negative feedback on customer satisfaction and communication. Although I managed to remove the two negative areas, my ranking remains at 4. The hole systems is very obscure and even arbitrary 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 2/24/2024 at 8:05 PM, aamirasghar555 said:

The success score feature is newly launched by the fifth. Therefore, there are many changes and updates in the pipeline.
I have noticed that the success score also depends on the impressions and clicks of other gigs. That's why I deleted one useless gig from my account.

Hello, so you mean to tell me one bad gig can affect the rest of your gigs and the Success score of your entire account? Well that's new, going through this forum is getting me more information about fiverr's new rules and regulations because my account level has dropped to low performance and i have had like 3 orders with all 5 star rating and right now my account has been dormant and it is really affecting me i dont know what do to get back up there!

image_2024-05-22_061824398.png

27 minutes ago, emperoarda said:

i have had like 3 orders with all 5 star rating and right now my account has been dormant and it is really affecting me i dont know what do to get back up there!

It seems that you just have 1 public review and that's from 2 years ago. Since the success score is said to cover the last 2 years, I can only assume that the lack of reviews within the past 2 years and also competitors getting reviews and orders are the reasons why your score is low right now.