How long does require to stay online on Fiverr?

nipul_kumudu

Question

13 minutes ago, nipul_kumudu said:

I have been staying at least 12 hours online On Fiverr. is it really important for most sellers or just the Last seen?

Not at all. It's total non-sense and also not healthy at all. Almost all of the messages and orders I received were when I was offline actually, just saying.

• Like 16
  • Confused 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, organic_growth_ said:

You need to be always online on Fiverr if you want to rank your gig on the first page quickly. As you know, there is an option to filter online sellers on Fiverr. So if you remain online frequently, when someone searches for their needs you will appear on the first page asap.

Really?

Rarely am I online but my gigs is still on the first page. Needless to say, being "always" online does not guarantee your gig on the first page. It might only help if buyer use online filter. If you have a bad quality of gigs, it will not be on the first page even if you are online. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm a Top Rated Seller, a Pro Seller, and have more than 900 positive reviews under my belt. I've never tried to "be online". You should be online when you are in fact online and working on Fiverr. I'm only on Fiverr when responding to messages, reading messages or delivering orders + when I'm optimizing my gigs or doing research. 

When I work on an actual project, I close all browser windows and focus on the task at hand. 

If someone told you that you need to be online this much or that much, they have repeated an old lie. Simple as that. It's not how Fiverr works. 

• Like 23
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ufrakib said:

All  most 15 hours.

🤔 why not 24h ? 🤦‍♂️ Not say false information

16 hours ago, organic_growth_ said:

You need to be always online on Fiverr if you want to rank your gig on the first page quickly. As you know, there is an option to filter online sellers on Fiverr. So if you remain online frequently, when someone searches for their needs you will appear on the first page asap.

nooopee! false information

18 hours ago, nipul_kumudu said:

I have been staying at least 12 hours online On Fiverr. is it really important for most sellers or just the Last seen?

nope! use your time better than stay 12 hours front the screen!

Edited by venonusa
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nipul_kumudu said:

If I didn't stay online 24/7 is that affect my gig impression and clicks? I mean my gig was reaching quite good recently but suddenly their impression and clicks started to decrease.

Staying online is not linked with impressions or clicks. Your gigs plays an important role in increasing or dropping clicks and impressions. So I will encourage you to work on your gig images and gig descriptions i.e. improve them further as they are not attractive. 

P.S. You have been on Fiverr since April 2020 so you must have realized that staying online never helps in anything!

• Like 32

Being "online" (active) on Fiverr might affect impressions a bit, eg. in the "online sellers" filter if someone uses that. But people suggesting to be "online" that much are wrong and to do that you'd either need to have no sleep (impossible) or use something that would manipulate the system so that the "online" filter wouldn't work as it intended, and also if it appeared that you were online and then a buyer messaged you and it took you 6 hours to reply then they'd not be happy about that and likely go with another seller.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 23
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, sadikul___islam said:

if the seller in online and and reply as soon as the message is sent , the buyer gives higher priority to the seller .

That depends on the buyer and the service they need, and how many sellers are offering that service. Background removal? Hundreds of thousands of gigs, and it's completely irrelevant to the buyer who's going to do it, so whoever responds the first might get the job. WooCommerce? Thousands of gigs to choose from. Website development? Tens of thousands of gigs to choose from.

If the buyer doesn't care whether you or someone else does the job, responding superfast and being available for an unreasonable amount of hours every day might help you get the job. But if you're offering something more unique, or if you're among the best for the certain task, the buyer won't hire whoever responds first. They will wait for you to be available. Take @filipdevaere, for example: he offers technical writing, and he's so good at it that he gets booked for months in advance. And no, he won't be replaced by someone who responds faster or is online more.

Not to mention that there are plenty of sellers who get most of their orders while they're offline. Buyers just come and place orders.

• Like 5
  • Up 3

23 minutes ago, swaybur123 said:

Usually the client knocks the one they get online so getting work depends on your presence online.

That depends on the client and the service they're looking for (and whether it's urgent).

These days, I get all of my orders when I'm offline.

• Like 16

59 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

image.jpeg.7e314908d70b3b34f7c32246f98949d8.jpeg  My app updates itself. 

To keep the green light on. I'm in the Financial Consulting niche and I get most of my contacts when it's green. 

Some clients don't have the patience to wait for 24 hours for you to reply. 

Of course, having a great gig is very important. Staying online too is a plus. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2023 at 6:39 AM, donnovan86 said:

To waste time. Buyers don't really care if the seller is online or not. Build up your profile, create amazing gigs, that's how you receive orders.

On 4/7/2023 at 11:58 AM, swaybur123 said:

Usually the client knocks the one they get online so getting work depends on your presence online.

Thank you

On 4/7/2023 at 12:23 PM, catwriter said:

That depends on the client and the service they're looking for (and whether it's urgent).

These days, I get all of my orders when I'm offline.

I think if needed the project urgently then client can message online seller. 

• Like 11