How long does require to stay online on Fiverr?

nipul_kumudu

Question

On 4/8/2023 at 6:50 PM, filipdevaere said:

You are wrong, totally wrong. 

But brother I saw that as a new seller when I am staying online 24 hours my gig impression is high and when I'm not available online my gig impression is very low. between online and offline is very different. So how could I get it wrong? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/8/2023 at 11:44 PM, imamiopial said:

When a buyer is searching for something and after the search filters Online Sellers then if you are not online then your gig will not show there, I think that's the advantage, So it somewhat helps to stay online I think.

Do you think that when seller goes offline, he/she takes their gigs along with themselves (gigs also goes offline) 🙄

What a logic! 🤦‍♀️

It's all about buyers.. whenever he/she wants services of other sellers, he/she will place an order no matter what the time-zone or country etc. is.. So accept the fact that staying online is useless for clicks/impressions/orders!

• Like 5
  • Up 2

8 minutes ago, rhabib360 said:

I saw that as a new seller when I am staying online 24 hours my gig impression is high and when I'm not available online my gig impression is very low. between online and offline is very different. So how could I get it wrong? 

I just noticed that you have only 1 review in 7-8 months. So did you stay 24 hours online? No…. you did not. Also now you are not online. I just took a screenshot to prove it.

image.png.7e33c47c0bd4eff0967f63e377b99721.png

Staying online is useless. If you think that I am wrong, that is your choice. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

I just noticed that you have only 1 review in 7-8 months. So did you stay 24 hours online? No…. you did not. Also now you are not online. I just took a screenshot to prove it.

image.png.7e33c47c0bd4eff0967f63e377b99721.png

Staying online is useless. If you think that I am wrong, that is your choice. 

brother I think you are right. 

so could you please tell me what are the effective ways to succeed in fiver?

• Like 5

10 hours ago, imamiopial said:

Sorry again for not being mindful that Fiverr doesn't share their statistics,

My statement was my opinion only

The one stat that is shared (but only on per-seller basis) that's quite similar to the "online" thing is the average response time (it sort of shows how active you are recently if you reply quite quickly on average). That must have some effect. Levelled sellers might respond faster on average than unlevelled ones.

For being active on Fiverr - they might have changed how it takes that into account at some point. It might be that it's what you're doing that's more important. eg. if you're just reloading pages (like what was the buyer requests page or just any page) then it might not have much effect. It seems like when you've just got an order or are messaging someone who has recently messaged you or maybe have just delivered an order then it seems like that makes it more likely that you'll get a new message from a different buyer soon. So active and messaging buyers who have just messaged you/working with orders might count more that just loading Fiverr pages.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 7
  • Up 2

On 4/11/2023 at 3:43 AM, uk1000 said:

Do they have restricted access? I see the "Fiverr Select" but I don't see the 6 topics in that section. 

Okay, I found a workaround for now. The six VID spotlight topics will show up in a forum search, and from what I can tell, are readable even in incognito mode, so should be readable by all members. 

https://community.fiverr.com/search/?q=spotlight&quick=1&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_in=titles

• Like 6

On 4/11/2023 at 2:03 PM, uk1000 said:

The one stat that is shared (but only on per-seller basis) that's quite similar to the "online" thing is the average response time (it sort of shows how active you are recently if you reply quite quickly on average). That must have some effect. Levelled sellers might respond faster on average than unlevelled ones.

For being active on Fiverr - they might have changed how it takes that into account at some point. It might be that it's what you're doing that's more important. eg. if you're just reloading pages (like what was the buyer requests page or just any page) then it might not have much effect. It seems like when you've just got an order or are messaging someone who has recently messaged you or maybe have just delivered an order then it seems like that makes it more likely that you'll get a new message from a different buyer soon. So active and messaging buyers who have just messaged you/working with orders might count more that just loading Fiverr pages.

I agree, Reloading pages pointlessly seems odd. I meant being online for work, talking to buyers, and reading blogs, and forums on Fiverr. I thought that might be good in terms of visibility and could get more opportunities. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, sysdataoperator said:

being online always is going to help you with orders

Thank you for that concise and in-depth explanation. 

Well you've convinced me! I've just loaded up on espresso, and i'm ready for the remaining 312 hours of the month. 

Sleep is for wimps! 

Edited by breals
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

On 4/17/2023 at 10:57 AM, catwriter said:

Like it helped you?

who said I was just asking a  question and apart from that I did it for 2 nights but not worth

On 4/17/2023 at 10:52 AM, leannelrivers said:

How can one stay online always? Never sleeping? Or breaking the platform rules by using an auto-refresh tool? 

exactly but somehow people say that being online at midnight is going to help you with the orders

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, sysdataoperator said:

midnight is going to help you with the orders

Midnight isn't always. If a buyer looks for online sellers and needs a job doing immediately (red flag) then maybe it will get an online seller an order, but the people advising sellers to never go offline should stop. The only way to always show yourself as online is to use tools that break the platform rules or to never sleep. I get orders from clients in many different time zones. They're happy to wait until I'm awake. 

• Like 6
  • Congrats! 1

21 minutes ago, sysdataoperator said:

You are not only wrong, but you are now in the hall of fame of wrong. There is now a picture of you hanging in the "Nonsense and Bollocks" wing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, sysdataoperator said:

Honestly, I wish staying online would help me COMPLETE (not get in this case) orders. I'm sick as hell after travelling for a single weekend (yes, this happens every.single.time). If just keeping the tab open would write the stories... I'd be the happiest girl alive.

(that being said, no, not really. I'm sure that at some point it might have helped when the competition wasn't so bad, but if you and other 10 thousand people (in your category) are doing the same thing... chances of being picked is very very small. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, newsmike said:

You are not only wrong, but you are now in the hall of fame of wrong. There is now a picture of you hanging in the "Nonsense and Bollocks" wing. 

Oh my god, Mr. Fool, you have no right to tell people this. I'm a new seller, and I'm here to get advice from experienced sellers throughout this application to gain some experience. Anyway, arguing with you is a waste of time. Best of luck with your word "Nonsense and Bollocks" wings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sysdataoperator said:

who said I was just asking a  question

Questions typically end with a question mark (?). Without it, it looks like a statement.

Just now, sysdataoperator said:

I'm here to get advice

Then you should communicate more clearly. If all of us misunderstood you, you definitely need to work on your communication skills.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

50 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Honestly, I wish staying online would help me COMPLETE (not get in this case) orders. I'm sick as hell after travelling for a single weekend (yes, this happens every.single.time). If just keeping the tab open would write the stories... I'd be the happiest girl alive.

(that being said, no, not really. I'm sure that at some point it might have helped when the competition wasn't so bad, but if you and other 10 thousand people (in your category) are doing the same thing... chances of being picked is very very small. 

Thank you for sharing your experience, dear. It could be helpful to me

• Like 3