Reporting a known scammer

How do I report a scammer to prevent the same scam from happening to other people. This user is still active and attempting to provide the same service to others. The seller stole private information from me and I lost over 1000$

• Like 11
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Lena said:

To report a scammer, please contact our Customer Support by sending an email to support@fiverr.com. In the attachment provide all the evidence you have. 

Further:  If the scammer asked to contact outside, or having any general form of scamming method, you can also report the conversation using the "Report" button. 

• Like 12

• 2 months later...

Vendor reached out in various platforms stating “she” wanted to work outside of Fiverr. Also requested money for a new project. Vendor requested that I do not notify Fiverr. Vendor has not provided any progress on the project. Do not release payment.

vendors listed name is Denise Gordon. Profile states vendor is in U.S. however, upon research the vendor is in Asia. Types horrible in the English language. The vendor has constantly sent me kissing emojis. Vendor has been notified to stop with s****l/physical harassment, yet vendor continues.

IMG_7048.png

IMG_7049.png

IMG_7050.png

IMG_7051.png

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, jenny1105 said:

Vendor reached out in various platforms stating “she” wanted to work outside of Fiverr. Also requested money for a new project. Vendor requested that I do not notify Fiverr. Vendor has not provided any progress on the project. Do not release payment.

vendors listed name is Denise Gordon. Profile states vendor is in U.S. however, upon research the vendor is in Asia. Types horrible in the English language. The vendor has constantly sent me kissing emojis. Vendor has been notified to stop with s****l/physical harassment, yet vendor continues.

Report that person to Customer Support (this is forum, not Customer Support).

• Like 3
  • Up 1

I get a lot of similar type requests -- with prospective "buyers" requesting that I contact them outside of Fiverr (usually via Telegram). I rarely respond, since most such requests are already blocked overnight by the time I receive them (any many not even officially recorded in my Fiverr mailbox). For those that I suspect are scams, but not yet blocked, I ask the buyer to engage me through one of my gigs on Fiverr, if they are genuinely interested. So far, none of them have ever done so or even replied to my messages. I never respond outside of Fiverr. Typically, these nonsense messages I receive are rife with weird, unprofessional formatting, various spelling errors, emojis, and writing style not compatible with the country of origin indicated. They also invariably come from accounts created within the past one month or two.

Edited by mark_sgp
  • Like 2