How long does require to stay online on Fiverr?

nipul_kumudu

Question

On 4/6/2023 at 5:07 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

None. Staying online is completely useless even if you do it with an extension or manually. None of those bring orders. 

When a buyer comes to take any service, when he clicks on the active online filter, if he does not find me in the first row, how can I get the order, why is it not necessary to be online in that case?

Screenshot_1.png

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, nipul_kumudu said:

I used Auto refresh Page extension on browser so it automatically refresh Fiverr page

As @smartdezigns has mentioned above.  

You've been on the platform for 3 years and you're yet to get an order. 

Clearly you need to look at other ways of getting an order, as whatever you're currently doing isn't working. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2023 at 9:08 AM, filipdevaere said:

WRONG.

Being active does not give you more impressions. 

There is an option that buyers use to filter online sellers that increases the chances of getting more impressions and clicks to some extent I think.

• Like 13
  • Up 2

7 hours ago, breals said:

As @smartdezigns has mentioned above.  

You've been on the platform for 3 years and you're yet to get an order. 

Clearly you need to look at other ways of getting an order, as whatever you're currently doing isn't working. 

Yeah. I am now trying to optimize gigs as much as I can and change thumbnails and gig videos more attractive way possible. and also doing that gig exchange thing that most of FB group members do. (Save another seller gig to your favorite and click around gig images)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, imamiopial said:

There is an option that buyers use to filter online sellers

Yes, there is this option, but 99.99% use the default settings that Fiverr sets.... Therefore, there is no point in being online 24h , anyway, if you want to stay online 24 hours you can. Good luck.

Edited by venonusa
  • Like 14

17 hours ago, imamiopial said:

When a buyer is searching for something and after the search filters Online Sellers then if you are not online then your gig will not show there, I think that's the advantage, So it somewhat helps to stay online I think.

Keep dreaming….

There are always several thousands of sellers online. The chance that your gig appears in the search results is very small.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2

On 4/5/2023 at 10:41 AM, nipul_kumudu said:

If I didn't stay online 24/7 is that affect my gig impression and clicks? I mean my gig was reaching quite good recently but suddenly their impression and clicks started to decrease.

Actually, brother, I believe that a client's negative review is more harmful than being available all the time in the event of a rapid fall in impression.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the impression frequently diminishes once the Kuno level is attained. You must then be a little more active and engage in gig marketing.

Regards, Mahdi

• Like 8

If you are online it means if any buyer filters out according to online sellers then your gig will be included and there is a chance of taking his mouse on your gigs and clicking that since the online seller list remains minimalist all the time. In this way, you will get a click and impression.

Otherwise, there is nothing beneficial for you.

• Like 7

On 4/9/2023 at 6:07 PM, filipdevaere said:

Keep dreaming….

There are always several thousands of sellers online. The chance that your gig appears in the search results is very small.

Even if there are millions of sellers if the gig is active it will appear on the search and the gig might be very far behind or ahead which is completely another subject that depends on the type of services the seller is providing, There are some service niche that has 22000 sellers and when filtered out on certain times it goes down to 2000.

So I think if a buyer filters online search and the seller is online then it will increase their chance for impressions and clicks. How much difference will it make is depending on a lot of factors such as;

• Gig performance
  • Order cancellations
  • Bad reviews
  • Average response Rate, etc. 

I'm not a Fiverr official, it seems pretty self-explanatory to me but it will be best to contact Fiverr Support Team for Fact checking. 

Have a great day!

• Like 5

On 4/9/2023 at 2:14 AM, venonusa said:

Yes, there is this option, but 99.99% use the default settings that Fiverr sets.... Therefore, there is no point in being online 24h , anyway, if you want to stay online 24 hours you can. Good luck.

A lot of buyers utilize the online seller filter (i.e. Sellers that want their work done urgently or want to consult within a short time) 
I know being online 24/7 sounds too much but I have to disagree with that statement and it's quite difficult speaking on behalf of 99.99% of users, how they use Fiverr. 

As I'm not a Fiverr official, anyone who wants a resolution on this can contact the support team and I believe they can answer this better than I. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, imagination7413 said:

Source, please.

Sorry, I don't have any sources to show to prove my statement. 

I think the purpose of that filter is to find sellers that are available at the moment, I personally used that myself before but I might be wrong. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, imamiopial said:

Sorry, I don't have any sources to show to prove my statement. 

Thank you for your honesty.

Yes, that is the purpose of the filter, but Fiverr doesn't share their statistics, so we don't actually have any information for or against how often that filter feature is used.

There aren't nearly as many Buyer-Only users on the forums, but the ones who have spoken about this topic often say that 'online' is not a primary factor in considering a Seller for their service. 

(I'm about to get supper, but I'll try to find some of the threads here in the forums that discuss Buyer 'what I look for' posts. Most of them can be found in either of the "Tips" categories.)

• Like 8
  • Up 3

13 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

Thank you for your honesty.

Yes, that is the purpose of the filter, but Fiverr doesn't share their statistics, so we don't actually have any information for or against how often that filter feature is used.

There aren't nearly as many Buyer-Only users on the forums, but the ones who have spoken about this topic often say that 'online' is not a primary factor in considering a Seller for their service. 

(I'm about to get supper, but I'll try to find some of the threads here in the forums that discuss Buyer 'what I look for' posts. Most of them can be found in either of the "Tips" categories.)

Sorry again for not being mindful that Fiverr doesn't share their statistics,

My statement was my opinion only so please enjoy your supper and please don't worry about searching mentioned threads. (if it's to show me)

Thank you very much for responding and sharing what you know.
Take care!

• Like 7
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

3 hours ago, imamiopial said:

A lot of buyers utilize the online seller filter (i.e. Sellers that want their work done urgently or want to consult within a short time) 
I know being online 24/7 sounds too much but I have to disagree with that statement and it's quite difficult speaking on behalf of 99.99% of users, how they use Fiverr. 

As I'm not a Fiverr official, anyone who wants a resolution on this can contact the support team and I believe they can answer this better than I. 

What I said is my personal experience, staying online hasn't led to any advantages to me, just a lot of tiredness because I didn't sleep much!

• Like 7
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, imamiopial said:

My statement was my opinion only so please enjoy your supper and please don't worry about searching mentioned threads. (if it's to show me)

Supper was enjoyed. And It's your choice to read or not read, but I'll throw a link up, for anyone else anyone else reading this thread that might want to see some insight into the consumer decision-making process: There are six "VID Spotlight" topics in this category, https://community.fiverr.com/forums/?forumId=45, that I think are very worth the read time. (The format is a tad broken, as these were all posted before the forum migration, but the words are still valid.) 

• Like 12
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, imamiopial said:

but it will be best to contact Fiverr Support Team for Fact checking. 

There is no need for fact-checking.

I said it already many times and I will keep repeating it: STAYING ACTIVE/ONLINE DOES NOT BRING YOU MORE ORDERS, IMPRESSIONS, OR CLICKS.

• Like 9

On 4/8/2023 at 8:36 PM, nipul_kumudu said:

and also doing that gig exchange thing that most of FB group members do. (Save another seller gig to your favorite and click around gig images)

Favorites are just bookmarks for buyers, so they can easily find your gig if they want to make a purchase at a later time; it's completely pointless to favorite a gig if you don't intend to buy. Not to mention, if a gig has lots of favorites but no reviews (or only a small number of reviews), it's obvious that the number of favorites is fake and that the seller is engaging in some shady business.

I have no idea why someone thinks that clicking around gig images would help anyone.

• Like 7
  • Up 1