πŸ‘€ Check Out Fiverr's Updated Community Standards!

vickieito

14 hours ago, vickieito said:

I hope so ...there are so many ways to "drive web traffic" to a gig, so it makes me wonder why they chose to use that verbiage. It makes me think that they are including other methods, not just Google ads.

In so far where web traffic is concerned, these are what they official say its okay to do. Haha!

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010490438-The-How-Tos-Of-Advertising-Off-The-Fiverr-Platform

Where the Buyer Things Are
Find where your potential buyers spend their time online. This could be forums like Facebook groups. In doing this, avoid randomly posting about your Gig. Become a part of the community and find a natural place to mention your services. This also carries over to paid efforts of getting traffic to your Gigs. Facebook ads, web banners, guest blog posting, and the like are all ways of getting your Fiverr business out there. Be sure to tailor your advertising to your demographic. As stated many times in this post, use the extraordinary sellers on Fiverr to help you with these efforts. Trying to learn internet marketing on your own can lead you into a black hole of confusion.
Β 
Other Places to Consider Advertising
  1. Online classifieds, such as Craigslist and Gumtree
  2. Cross-promotional efforts with other sellers
  3. Real-world methods, such as business cards, flyers, and posters
  4. Family and friends
  5. Your co-workers, as long as your office environment supports freelancing in your spare time
  • Like 18
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, moikchap said:

Do you guys know what the view is on a situation like if I have an account for me, and then I'm the point of contact who handles another account for my employer? Is the business a different user even though it's me handling it?

The TOS says:

users are limited to one active Fiverr account and one active Fiverr Business account

but like was suggested you could check with CS as they'd give an official answer (I think it's probably okay but it would be best to check).

• Like 16
  • Up 2

54 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Other Places to Consider Advertising

...Family and friends

If your family or friend bought your gig then Fiverr would probably think it was not a proper order/review manipulation (since they could be biased). If it was your family they also might use the same IP address which would also might get your account in trouble.

• Like 16
  • Up 3

So every month I run my gigs through a plagiarism checker and report the sellers that have copied my them.Β  Some months it's pretty bad.Β  I report those individuals and follow up in a couple of weeks time to make sure they have been taken down.Β  Sometimes they haven't, and in the past I have reported them again.Β  Sometimes it has taken 3 attempts.Β 

Based on what i'm reading in the new guidance, it looks like I can potentially have a black mark against me for chasing Fiverr up for not pulling down Plagiarised gigs?Β 

Surely this should be an exception for contacting customer service more than once?Β  it's inevitable that with all of the messages they get that these will sometimes get missed, but it's not fair on us if they do, and opportunist freelancers continue to take advantage of our gigs that we have taken time and effort to write?

Apologies if I have misread the guidance, or missed it altogether.Β 

Edited by breals
  • Like 12
  • Up 5

@vickieitoΒ & @maheennadeem814Β - Thanks for your support, once again.

@newsmikeΒ - Thanks for your message. I will ask you not to claim such things before the actual webinar had happened, since you're raising matters which are not necessarily true, and might provoke negative bias about Fiverr in the forum and also distort the truth.

The Generative AI Tools webinar will be held on February 22nd, and if you will choose to join it, the presented content will help you understand better what is Fiverr's official opinions about the AI tools, and the connection to our platform and sellers gigs.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, breals said:

Based on what i'm reading in the new guidance, it looks like I can potentially have a black mark against me for chasing Fiverr up for not pulling down Plagiarised gigs?Β 

I certainly hope not! I do the same thing (plagiarism checks). Fiverr shouldn't penalize people for helping to clean up the platform.

• Like 13
  • Up 5

4 hours ago, editors_picks said:

Thanks for your message. I will ask you not to claim such things before the actual webinar had happened, since you're raising matters which are not necessarily true, and might provoke negative bias about Fiverr in the forum and also distort the truth.

Fair enough. I will wait and see what the webinar has to say about the current use of ChatGPT with regard to fakery. I'm sure you have seen the many examples of it here in the forum already, as well as sellers who have perfect bot written gig descriptions, yet cannot communicate in English here in forum when they post. I will wait till after the webinar to comment on what Fiverr will be doing to stop that.Β 

• Like 15
  • Up 8

Putting new (I guess) restrictions on gig advertisement. Sounds like a backdoor way of keeping sellers attached to Promoted Gigs. Which is a mostly inefficient method of advertising. This only works if…

- They plan on opening it up to ALL users. Not just level two and above.Β 
- They plan on improving its all around functionality.

• Like 12

On 2/21/2023 at 5:29 AM, editors_picks said:

@vickieitoΒ & @maheennadeem814Β - Thanks for your support, once again.

@newsmikeΒ - Thanks for your message. I will ask you not to claim such things before the actual webinar had happened, since you're raising matters which are not necessarily true, and might provoke negative bias about Fiverr in the forum and also distort the truth.

The Generative AI Tools webinar will be held on February 22nd, and if you will choose to join it, the presented content will help you understand better what is Fiverr's official opinions about the AI tools, and the connection to our platform and sellers gigs.

I am Liveblogging the webinar at this thread.Β 

Β 

• Like 16

• creativebrainbd changed the title to The new rule of fiverr-(fiverr community standards)
  • 5 weeks later...