$0.01 - Where does it come from, where does it go?

miiila

I suppose that many of you know what I'm talking about, if you're here long enough to have withdrawn revenue a few times.

For some reason, sometimes, but not always, after you've withdrawn, you'll see a balance of not $0, as you'd expect, but $0.01.

Not that I'm too concerned about this wayward cent, but I'm curious. Why does it happen? I know there are some people here who offer bookkeeping services, they might have an idea? Or was anyone brave enough to even bother support about it, and demand proper justification and documentation about the as seemingly randomly occurring as stray US$0.01?

I'd also tag Tommy, aka Forum King Mooch the One and Only, in case Swifty has his hands in this somehow, but I'm a bit averse to tagging, so I'll just hope that if Swifty is indeed involved with this, he'll surely monitor the forum, and will provide Tommy with some elaborate window dressing of an explanation, that we can cherry-pick the actual reason out of, some of us, or not, but that's besides the point, it's about the story.

Anyway. US$0.01 in our balance. How, why? And is there a way to avoid it, like only withdrawing in the small hours of full-moon nights?

• Like 20
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

You know whaaaaaat, now that you've mentioned....I'm sure I've seen that mysterious phenomenon happen every now and then.
If I ever run into problems I tend to come to the forum and ask if others are going through the same thing, but I don't think I've mentioned it here.
I'm guessing that I saw the $0.01, maybe went "Huh?" in my head for a few seconds, followed by an "Oh well, Fiverr gets buggy every now and then, I'm sure it's gone by tomorrow" and that's usually the case.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Detective Mooch AKA the King will write though!! 😄

• Like 19

2 hours ago, ahmwritingco said:

Finding a penny is supposed to bring good luck

You know, people think that a penny isn't much. Which alone it really isn't, but when you take a hundred thousand employees and each one contributes a penny each week. It comes out to 1,000.00 each week. Another thought, if someone agrees to work for you for a penny starting out and it doubles every day, then they will own you in no time. 

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 2

It might be some rounding error somewhere (though I assume Fiverr stores numbers in a way that shouldn't give rounding errors - ie. storing them as whole numbers).

Maybe it's when it does a currency conversion as part of the withdrawal and something to do with exchange rate they use + other fees. Or maybe one calculation calculates something slightly differently to another calculation, whey they might be supposed to match.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

Just wondering, do you like Bluegrass Music too?

I like Cotton Eye Joe because it reminds me of the football games I attend at the University of Montana. It is played over the loudspeakers before every game, and people often get up to dance to it! The title of this thread reminded me of the song. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2023 at 11:44 PM, vickiespencer said:

I like Cotton Eye Joe because it reminds me of the football games I attend at the University of Montana. It is played over the loudspeakers before every game, and people often get up to dance to it! The title of this thread reminded me of the song. 

The guy got some moves!! Hahaha

• Like 8