Bring Back Buyer Request

27 minutes ago, vishdrawings said:

Can you tell me what job you do on fiverr?

Checking my profile and what I do isn't rocket science... I'm a writer. None of the offers I received were for the services that I offer, though.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, vishdrawings said:

1. How many sellers did your request/brief got matched with at a time and how many simultaneous bids/response/offers your received from them?

My brief was matched with one or two sellers at a time. If I rejected them then Fiverr matched me with one or two more. 

2. While posting the request/brief, did you get to choose which level seller you want to be matched with?

No, I did not get to pick a seller level. I got to pick a category though. 

418390052_Screenshot2022-12-02at9_14_54AM.thumb.png.2fef8b9bea48089a5f3c8b74c3d879c1.png 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

Checking my profile and what I do isn't rocket science... I'm a writer. None of the offers I received were for the services that I offer, though.

I did check your profile right now and It doesn't say anywhere that you are so rude. If you are not interested in helping then don't, nobody is begging you to reply here. Your profile says you are here since 2014 but you are still level 2 even though you say buyers are dying to get you? Maybe you should work on your communication more.

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

My brief was matched with one or two sellers at a time. If I rejected them then Fiverr matched me with one or two more. 

No, I did not get to pick a seller level. I got to pick a category though. 

418390052_Screenshot2022-12-02at9_14_54AM.thumb.png.2fef8b9bea48089a5f3c8b74c3d879c1.png 

Thank you, for clearing that doubt. So basically you get the bids/offers like before but a few at a time and from the list of sellers that are matched by fiverr. But how is that better for sellers as you say it, you are just viewing the seller offers one at a time. 

Can you go back to a previous seller you rejected? In case you don't like any subsequent matches? 

Edited by vishdrawings
  • Like 12

40 minutes ago, vishdrawings said:

But how is that better for sellers as you say it, you are just viewing the seller offers one at a time. 

I like it better because, with Buyer Requests, mostly unqualified desperate sellers flooded my inbox to say, "I can do it." These spam messages were a problem because if I did not reply to them and mark them as spam, my response time and rate were affected. Note: I am a seller and a buyer. Spammers cannot spam their inboxes if a person is only a buyer. 

The other thing is with Buyer Requests, besides the "cheaters" flooding my inbox despite that being against Fiverr's TOS, I would get 125 plus responses to my Buyer Request. It took much time to wade through those replies only to find that about five were qualified. 

I like the brief system because every reply was qualified, even if I chose not to work with four buyers who were a match for me. 

And even with the match system, one seller I rejected still contacted me through my inbox after I said I did not want to work with him. I told him his message was spam and that it would be best to refrain from bothering buyers in their inboxes after his briefs were rejected, as one of them could report him for spamming. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 14

17 hours ago, vishdrawings said:

Your profile says you are here since 2014 but you are still level 2 even though you say buyers are dying to get you?

I never said buyers were dying to get me. All I said was that I got a bunch of briefs (asking for services that I didn't provide). It's not the same thing.

As for me still being level 2, what about it? TRS are chosen manually (and plenty of sellers never become a TRS). It's not automatic as with level 1 and level 2.

17 hours ago, vishdrawings said:

If you are not interested in helping then don't, nobody is begging you to reply here.

I help from time to time. It gets tiresome when people repeatedly ask for things that they can easily check on their own, though, especially after spending years trying to help those who can't be bothered to search for the basic things. I see it as disrespectful. The respectful thing to do is to do your own research, and ask for things that you can't find on your own.

• Like 15

On 12/2/2022 at 11:02 PM, vickiespencer said:

I like it better because, with Buyer Requests, mostly unqualified desperate sellers flooded my inbox to say, "I can do it." These spam messages were a problem because if I did not reply to them and mark them as spam, my response time and rate were affected. Note: I am a seller and a buyer. Spammers cannot spam their inboxes if a person is only a buyer. 

The other thing is with Buyer Requests, besides the "cheaters" flooding my inbox despite that being against Fiverr's TOS, I would get 125 plus responses to my Buyer Request. It took much time to wade through those replies only to find that about five were qualified. 

I like the brief system because every reply was qualified, even if I chose not to work with four buyers who were a match for me. 

And even with the match system, one seller I rejected still contacted me through my inbox after I said I did not want to work with him. I told him his message was spam and that it would be best to refrain from bothering buyers in their inboxes after his briefs were rejected, as one of them could report him for spamming. 

Sorry for the late response, my comment per day limit was over.

I didn't know buyers had to respond to all the offers they receive and buyers side was separate from the response rate on your seller side. I thought when you do hire someone from the offers or take down your request, they get automatically deleted and only inbox messages needs to be replied to not every single bids. ( I guess only pure buyers are free from that hassle as you said ). 

But from your description it looks like brief is same as searching the site directly from search bar, you search what job you want to get done and top sellers ( that are "matched" ) show up.

Edited by vishdrawings
  • Like 11

8 hours ago, catwriter said:

I never said buyers were dying to get me. All I said was that I got a bunch of briefs (asking for services that I didn't provide). It's not the same thing.

As for me still being level 2, what about it? TRS are chosen manually (and plenty of sellers never become a TRS). It's not automatic as with level 1 and level 2.

I help from time to time. It gets tiresome when people repeatedly ask for things that they can easily check on their own, though, especially after spending years trying to help those who can't be bothered to search for the basic things. I see it as disrespectful. The respectful thing to do is to do your own research, and ask for things that you can't find on your own.

I am replying to you one last time even though the daily comment limit on this forum is very low and I don't want to waste any more of my comments. You are NOT helpful. 

I work on this platform only on holidays so I recently found about the changes. I went through all the written information on the website. When that didn't work as described, talked to fiverr support for four days, talked to my friend, then came here. Do not tell me about research.

I asked you a very specific thing because I thought you could tell me about that specific topic, just as I asked that other guy about something else and he did help. I asked about seller level because the customer support guys kept using the line "top rated sellers" get matched whenever they described the brief system and never deviated once from this term even though I asked them.

The information you gave here is even more conflicting because it is the complete opposite of what the other guy is saying. How are you getting matches for a service, if you don't do that job. Is the AI matching system wrong or your description of the services you provide is just clickbait to get more matches.

Edited by vishdrawings
  • Like 11

I work on this platform only on holidays so I recently found about the changes. I went through all the written information on the website. When that didn't work as described, talked to fiverr support for four days, talked to my friend, then came here. Do not tell me about research.

I was referring to the fact that you didn't bother to check what I do here but asked instead, even though it's easy to find that information on your own (me being a writer is a part of my username, among other things).

By the way, if you're only available for work on holidays, Fiverr might not work for you at all. Bidding platforms for freelancers, like Upwork, might work better for you (Fiverr was never meant to be a bidding platform, buyer requests were added as an afterthought and never given much attention).

How are you getting matches for a service, if you don't do that job. Is the AI matching system wrong or your description of the services you provide is just clickbait to get more matches.

You said you checked out my profile, do my descriptions look like clickbait?

The AI matching system is terrible. For example, it doesn't seem to differentiate between language pairs for translators, so someone who translates from English to German gets matched with buyers who are looking for Spanish translators. I was getting matched with buyers looking for ghostwriters to write books for them (I don't offer ghostwriting services, nor do I claim to offer them), with folks looking for someone to do their homework for them (a forbidden service), and a bunch of other things that is some kind of writing, but not what I offer. That's why I turned the feature off, and I'm not the only one who did it.

If you read through the forum and see what others have to say about briefs, you will find plenty of examples of sellers getting matched with people asking for things they don't provide, or with those who seek forbidden services, or with scammers requesting contact via Telegram, or with desperate sellers looking for work.

Here's one example, there are many other complaints on the forum: 

• Like 10

I was talking about the category/tags/service type that you put on your gigs not the actual description itself. The ones that search engine uses to find relevant profiles when someone searches what job they want to get done on fiverr. 

57 minutes ago, catwriter said:

If you read through the forum and see what others have to say about briefs, you will find plenty of examples of sellers getting matched with people asking for things they don't provide, or with those who seek forbidden services, or with scammers requesting contact via Telegram, or with desperate sellers looking for work.

Here's one example, there are many other complaints on the forum: 

Most of the people here are saying they get unrelated matches, so it IS the AI's fault?

That makes it even worse than buyer's request, since the self promotion spam requests are still very much prevalent like before and you get a notification you have to address instead of a list you can glance through if you want.

Does leaving the match notification unattended degrade the ratings too?

• Like 10

2 hours ago, vishdrawings said:

Most of the people here are saying they get unrelated matches, so it IS the AI's fault?

Hi @vishdrawings - it's both, so @catwriter is correct. The AI is imperfect and needs to be trained. If sellers are ignoring briefs (and not responding why they are rejecting the briefs), they will continue to get imperfect matches. It took me several weeks to train the AI to give me briefs that I wanted. Even then, the AI is not perfect and will send irrelevant matches. If I ignore the briefs (instead of responding and telling the AI why I won't make an offer), the briefs get more and more irrelevant.

I received no briefs for 2 months and now I have the AI trained so that I get 3-5 relevant briefs a day (with a high likelihood of them becoming orders if make an offer).  As long as you can turn on the "Get briefs" option, then you can get briefs, regardless of your seller level. However, there's no guarantee that you will get briefs.

Unlike Fiverr's search, buyers are not inputting a single search term (they are inputting a description) and buyers also manually select the category they go in. I've seen several buyers requesting graphic design in the writing category. This is probably why we see buyers complaining that they are getting "no matches" for their briefs. Briefs are only as good as the details the buyer provides.

I've been sharing the following links on the forum and will share them on this thread as well:

Here are 16 tips to train the AI to get better matches:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/274154-can-anyone-explain-the-feature-fiverr-briefs-in-details/?do=findComment&comment=1832873

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/293601-how-to-get-buyer-request/#comment-1850772

And here's more information on what you can do to improve your gigs so that you get better matches:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/293675-%F0%9F%93%88-fiverr-simplified-get-matched/

@mariashtelle1 recommended this webinar to me (see last video in the link below) and I really liked the "Best Practices" tips that start about the 8:00 minute mark and the Q&A that starts at the 45:00 minute mark. It has really good tips that can help you improve your chances of orders:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017729338-Promoted-Gigs#h_01G7PJWY4RXHXNWB1ZQED3C3S5

• Like 13

6 hours ago, vishdrawings said:

buyers had to respond to all the offers they receive

Buyers only need to respond to the Spammers that contact them through their inbox as a result of posting a buyer request. It ended up being a big pain in the neck. 

I thought when you do hire someone from the offers or take down your request, they get automatically deleted

That is incorrect. 

top sellers ( that are "matched" ) show up.

I had level one and level 2 sellers matched to my brief. I was not matched with a Top Rated Seller.

• Like 11

56 minutes ago, vickieito said:

now I have the AI trained so that I get 3-5 relevant briefs a day (with a high likelihood of them becoming orders if make an offer). 

This is my experience too. I have had 3 orders through briefs, which is more than I had before because I did not use Buyer Requests.

• Like 12

On 10/10/2022 at 4:02 AM, muhammad_waji9 said:

Hi sir I need your help in my doubt and confusion. As your buyer request new update, any request didn't show me In my application Your algorithm didn't match to the new seller's he show just level 1 and level 2 seller's. As you know 60% fiverr seller Community is begginer as your update it's meant this 60% fiverr seller didn't receive any request. If we didn't receive any request it's mean we didn't receive any order. Kindly this is our request kindly give us option to bid the buyer request. You know mostly seller's are beginners he completed 5,6 order's yet. Because we joined recently, every year 20% new people registered on fiverr. It's mean this 20% seller don't able to receive order he disappointed and left this platform. At the end conclusion is this fiverr user's left this platform and fiverr revenue is very less. And you know in this platform graduated people's polish his skills through work on different projects. This new update conclusion are many advantages is very less and disadvantages is very more. That's why this is our seller community request kindly remove this new update and open option of buyer request where we match request and bid on it. If you didn't open this buyer request option then show us every request where our gig matched. 

Good question.

• Like 10

16 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @vishdrawings - it's both, so @catwriter is correct. 

I received no briefs for 2 months and now I have the AI trained so that I get 3-5 relevant briefs a day (with a high likelihood of them becoming orders if make an offer).  As long as you can turn on the "Get briefs" option, then you can get briefs, regardless of your seller level. However, there's no guarantee that you will get briefs.

Unlike Fiverr's search, buyers are not inputting a single search term (they are inputting a description) and buyers also manually select the category they go in. I've seen several buyers requesting graphic design in the writing category. This is probably why we see buyers complaining that they are getting "no matches" for their briefs. Briefs are only as good as the details the buyer provides.

I've been sharing the following links on the forum and will share them on this thread as well:

I get what you are saying that it works similar to that on other platforms like Instagram or Facebook search where they show you more posts similar to topics you liked and less of the content that you marked not interested. But the thing is, in order to do any of that you have to get matches in the first place.

And Fiverr's search is much better since you put the search tags yourself and the relevant profiles show up and you can choose from them. From what you are telling me it seems like the AI chooses random tags from your description and tries to match sellers out of the one category you chose, hence the bad matches. e.g. graphic design means manga artist, T-shirt design, UI/UX or any other sub-category you get when you make a gig on that category.

From the links that you have provided, it just seems like fiverr is going the paid promotion road on top of all the commission it earns from sales. And what is this "high quality" sellers? From what I understand, if you are high quality, your level will rise up since you are completing the requirements automatically if you are completing the orders. So basically you ARE matching the briefs only to top rated sellers and pro/ paid sellers.

Edited by vishdrawings
  • Like 10

15 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I had level one and level 2 sellers matched to my brief. I was not matched with a Top Rated Seller.

Thank you for clearing that, I wanted to ask about that because the customer support guys exclusively used that term.

I think I have enough information now, maybe you got matched with level 1 and level 2 sellers but neither I ( level 1 ) nor my friend ( level 2 ) has got any matches ever despite having very different type of gigs and visibility in regular search on fiverr. And there are a lot more people saying that the AI doesn't work for them than those who are saying it does.

So I will be looking for some alternate platforms now. If you can suggest some that would be helpful.

Edited by vishdrawings
  • Like 10

Thank you for clearing that, I wanted to ask about that because the customer support guys exclusively used that term.

The CS person more than likely meant sellers who were in good standing. Fiverr would not want to send briefs to sellers with poor customer satisfaction, as evidenced by their reviews or private feedback. 

. And there are a lot more people saying that the AI doesn't work for them than those who are saying it does.

I took the time to train the AI as @vickieito explained in one of her threads. Briefs are still imperfect, and the buyer's not filling out the correct category is part of the issue. However, I have received three $50 - $150 orders through them. So, I will not turn briefs off.

As far as other platforms, I have never tried any. I like the way Fiverr works. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

The CS person more than likely meant sellers who were in good standing. Fiverr would not want to send briefs to sellers with poor customer satisfaction, as evidenced by their reviews or private feedback. 

I took the time to train the AI as @vickieito explained in one of her threads. Briefs are still imperfect, and the buyer's not filling out the correct category is part of the issue. However, I have received three $50 - $150 orders through them. So, I will not turn briefs off.

As far as other platforms, I have never tried any. I like the way Fiverr works. 

Are you suggesting top rated sellers are NOT in good standing? Aren't they top sellers BECAUSE they have good customer satisfaction / reviews / order completion / response rates. So it doesn't matter how you word it, the situation remains the same, that's why the customer support didn't directly say it even once that new sellers do get matches.

Whatever methods you and @vickieito are suggesting may work but as I said before, you have to get matches first to do any of that in the first place. 

I checked the seller side and posted a request myself to learn what "description" they ask you to put to find matches and I found that it is so vague that even gigs and gig images have more description compared to them. There wasn't even sub-categories to choose from just "GAME ART".

The only thing they were adamant about was the delivery time and budget which they have set to the higher side. If I put it any lower they would outright reject it, even though you can see seller gigs in that budget range in regular search. In conclusion they ARE trying to divert requests to the premium / promoted sellers and forcing buyers to choose from high cost sellers.

Edited by vishdrawings
  • Like 8

Are you suggesting top rated sellers are NOT in good standing?

How would did you get that misinterpretation from what I said? 

Aren't they top sellers BECAUSE they have good customer satisfaction / reviews / order completion / response rates.

Yes, they but the same can also be valid for level 1 and 2 sellers.

I checked the seller side and posted a request myself to learn what "description" they ask you to put to find matches and I found that it is so vague that even gigs and gig images have more description compared to them.

The written description for each brief is as involved or as vague as the buyer wishes to make it. How can you make the statement above when it changes for every buyer who creates a brief? 

There wasn't even sub-categories to choose from just "GAME ART".

I found a lot of sub categories. 

1250745045_Screenshot2022-12-04at2_14_48PM.thumb.png.fd70b3fbb78331ac77005ad758a5a096.png

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 2.14.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 2.15.09 PM.png

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 9

The only thing they were adamant about was the delivery time and budget which they have set to the higher side.

Although I could not post a brief for $5, I could post a Brief for as low as $10. So what are you talking about here? I would not consider $10 as "set to the higher side".

In conclusion they ARE trying to divert requests to the premium / promoted sellers and forcing buyers to choose from high cost sellers.

You are adamant about proving briefs are bad to the point of making false assumptions about briefs. 
As I said, I was matched with sellers from level 1 and level 2. The offers varied from $10 to $30 and my budget was higher. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 9