I lost my badges, where are they now? Why am I being treated like a newbie?

matrivgraphics

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, krheate said:

@miiila's profiles, it says anonymous next to their name

Oh, does it, good to know but I can't tell you how to do it, I just tried to get rid of some kinds of notifications in the notification settings (not very successfully yet), but I didn't see or do anything to make my profile non-public, unless by accident. 

I had it set to private on the previous forum, so maybe it carried over somehow with the migration.

1 hour ago, coerdelion said:

You can also hide your status,

I might have done that, maybe it's that then.

On 6/26/2021 at 12:38 AM, shadiya646 said:

Don't try to gain the badges try to gain knowledge and don't ruin others post by commenting or post same thing several times.

Bravo! Bravo! 🌹I wish more new users would have your attitude. I have repeatedly been pointing out to users to use the emojis. After all you get points for that too! 

This is very true, can't agree with you enough. The ranking system is very good though, its all about how people using this. I personally prefer the points to get these badges are not high enough. I got like 4 or 5 badges the same day I started using new forum. 😆 And also it would've been better if they counted the previous forum activity as well to measure the badge so that the real forum contributors will get higher badges. Is that possible you may ask, yes it is. 😏

They should re-work the rank system to give the badges based on number of likes (from other respected users weighted more, so something like google's rank), time spent reading, etc. Giving them based on number of posts will only lead to mayhem.

It already tracks this, in a way - you have a "reputation" stat on your profile. Badges should be based on that. Right now it's a bit ridiculous, I've seen people with a reputation of 10 with level 6 and 7 badges. 

Please don't get me wrong, It is Only an opinion. What should be getting important to the Fiverr seller, spending time on the forum or on the  Fiver, to building their profile batter!! It seems to me that, many people spending time on the forum instead of Fiverr.

2 hours ago, mahabubulhoq said:

Please don't get me wrong, It is Only an opinion. What should be getting important to the Fiverr seller, spending time on the forum or on the  Fiver, to building their profile batter!! It seems to me that, many people spending time on the forum instead of Fiverr.

I see no problem when people spend time on the forum. For me I learnt a lot about Fiverr from the forum. From using the right keywords to most of the things I know now about Fiverr. And just like @corsogr said, it helps me to be active on the forum at the same time communicating with other sellers on meaningful topics.

7 hours ago, freelancerarif8 said:

I want to see that how many Badges I earned. Would you tell me Please?

To see the forum badges you've earned since the migration, go to your profile and the click on 'Recent Badges' in the 'Your Achievements' section. 

7 hours ago, sarmadrizvi24 said:

his new update is not showing me my all the achievements and also not showing me my bookmarks/ saved posts/ and likes.

This isn't an update, it's a migration. Like changing over from Windows to a Mac, many of the old things (such as emoji, levels, badges, and bookmarks) are different or plain gone. The forums now use Invision Community and not Discourse. 

On 6/30/2021 at 9:43 AM, imagination7413 said:

@imagination7413, I have not asked you to point out the words I used wrong/ mistakenly. I have not even asked is it update or migration! Kindly reply on the specific point I asked for, if don't want to do then no need to share irrelevant news which I am not asking at all, you can ignore it. 

Furthermore, I better know it's a migration as I also received their news updates same like others. Moreover, I am a security consultant in the field of Information Security, I can completely understand the difference between migration or update! But, not everyone here is same like us just like not everyone is a doctor to understand the difficult words of medical but used to say a common terms (brain instead of neuro, heart instead or cardio or many others).

I just asked the same thing that I haven't found where those achievements goes after the update, but now it's found.

Well, for your information, update is a term that we use for any kind of modification, either it's a migration or it's an advancement. We have update our systems from Mac to Windows.

On 6/30/2021 at 3:29 AM, mahabubulhoq said:

And, yet, here you are.

Kind of ironic, no?

GG 

34 minutes ago, sarmadrizvi24 said:

I have not asked you to point out the words I used wrong/ mistakenly. I have not even asked is it update or migration! Kindly reply on the specific point I asked for, if don't want to do then no need to share irrelevant news which I am not asking at all, you can ignore it. 

@imagination7413 was letting you know that since it's a migration, not an update, many of the features (such as bookmarks and saved posts) on the Discourse platform don't exist (or are different) on the Invision Community platform. So what she said is relevant...

• 3 weeks later...

I understand "Fiverr Forum Badge" is not helpful to get new orders. But may I know how to earn new badges here?

In previous version, I was in higher level but now in new Fiverr forum I am just a "Newbie"

And it says that I will need 40 more points to rank higher.

How to do that? Can anyone please tell me?

Advance thanks!

Is out of control. What are the badges supposed to mean? I would assume they are meant to lend credibility to certain users over others, but given the way they are implemented it just doesn't work.

I see people with rank 10, 11, with 150 posts (all spam posts, pretty much), while others have thousands of posts actually saying something and contributing to the conversation while having a way lower forum rank. Not to mention that number of posts by itself doesn't mean much, unlike, say, number of reviews on Fiverr.

Why don't the forums take into account the seller accounts for badges/rank purposes? Just picture this (not an hypothetical, I've seen it happen again and again):

User A gives some advice on the forums. He has the grandmaster badge, so new users will look at it as inherently more trustworthy than some user B giving the opposite advice, but with a low level forum badge.

However, user A is a no-level or level 1 seller, on Fiverr for 5 or 6 years, and has 10 or 20 reviews.
Whereas user B is a TRS, hundreds or thousands of reviews, and has only been on the platform for 2 or 3 years.

Who should new users listen to? Who should appear more authoritative and trustworthy?
The guy that is selling a couple gigs a year, or the guy who went from nothing to the top way faster?
Who knows best what works to be successful on Fiverr? The guy that in 6 years couldn't make it past level one, or the guy who got TRS in 2 years?

The answer for me is obvious. For the forums and the way they are set up? No so much. 

On 7/19/2021 at 2:03 PM, rhasandesigner said:

I understand "Fiverr Forum Badge" is not helpful to get new orders. But may I know how to earn new badges here?

When you make a post, comment on a post or give a "reaction" to a post -- you earn points that adds up to get you to the next badge.

But just be sure to share meaningful content and use reactions when a further written response is not necessary. 

6 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Is out of control.

Yes, it is. 

I see people with rank 10, 11, with 150 posts (all spam posts, pretty much)

🤦🏻‍♀️ When will it stop! 

I would assume they are meant to lend credibility to certain users over others,

It has been suggested that it should be based on our "Reputation" score.  Which for me is 35.8K

I imagine it is high for other users such as @lloydsolutions@jonbaas and many other Forum members who make valid contributions to the Fiverr Forum as opposed to spamming and trolling.  

2 minutes ago, theratypist said:

When you make a post, comment on a post or give a "reaction" to a post -- you earn points that adds up to get you to the next badge.

But just be sure to share meaningful content and use reactions when a further written response is not necessary.

Oh I see, thanks again for letting me know.

I was just curious about it. Now everything is OK to me 😀

Yes, I have suggested that myself as well. We already have a reputation metric, but it's hidden inside our profile for some reason.

That still is not necessarily perfect - it can devolve into a popularity contest, I've seen many old regulars on the forum in the past who were... let's say... abominable, and they still would get high reputation just due to the time factor. And popularity (as in, number of likes/reactions you get) means zero in relation to the truth value of whatever you're saying. Being popular doesn't mean you're right.

But yeah, it would be better. At least time on the platform is a metric that can't be manipulated, unlike number of posts and reactions.

What if there was a badge of some kind (for want of a better word) that was added to the users of high forum reputation, underneath their profile image on every post, that indicated the forum value of that user's forum participation? This would be something that can only be given to users who have been around a significant amount of time, and have proven their worth, knowledge, reputation, wisdom, helpfulness, etc on the forum.

Some of these veteran/knowledgeable forum users can be seen by clicking the orange box at the top of the left column on your own forum profile, and then selecting the "Top Members" tab. Only eight users are currently listed in both of the two displayed "Top Members" categories (i.e., "Most reputation" and "Most content"), but, I imagine there are a few more forum users (not displayed there) that are worthy of such a suggested badge on all of their posts. 

This badge idea -- similar to how forum moderators have a little shield icon on all of their posts -- might help to differentiate the forum users who know their stuff, and are truly helpful, from the ambitious new forum users who offer little content of value, and are just trying to quickly climb the forum ranks.

Reputation on this forum (earned on this new forum design, and/or the previous two designs) has been earned by many over the years (most of us know their usernames quite well), and might be worth featuring on posts for the newbies to see (and benefit from). 

This is a great idea. But what do you mean by this? I don't see any such options. Orange box?

2 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Some of these veteran/knowledgeable forum users can be seen by clicking the orange box at the top of the left column on your own forum profile, and then selecting the "Top Members" tab. Only eight users are currently listed in both of the two displayed "Top Members" categories (i.e., "Most reputation" and "Most content"), but, I imagine there are a few more forum users (not displayed there) that are worthy of such a suggested badge on all of their posts. 

Archived