I lost my badges, where are they now? Why am I being treated like a newbie?

matrivgraphics

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there.

Changing the platform that powers the forum meant that we also needed to change the ranking system, so essentially everyone started over in terms of forum titles/ranking.

That being said, the actual forum levels (0-1-2-3-4) are unaffected, and Matt mentioned we’ll see an update in the coming weeks.

6 hours ago, visualstudios said:

That's never gonna work lol. New forum, old habits. "Thank you dear for share amazing tips and experience" will forever the the most popular post on these forums, no matter how much they re-work the visuals 😛

Especially now that users are rewarded for replying with cool lil badges. I've seen comments on post that just say "this is a good post"

1 hour ago, gwyneth_galvin said:

Especially now that users are rewarded for replying with cool lil badges. I've seen comments on post that just say "this is a good post"

This is something that truly took off with the new forum and how gamified everything is.

I saw users outranking me within hours of launch and their post history were ranging from "thank you" to "congratulations"

and at a later stage -I kid you not- just ".".

We are gathering feedback for Matt and the forum team and hopefully things will be tweaked moving forward.

On 6/25/2021 at 7:23 AM, visualstudios said:

What do the ranks matter, anyway? 

They don't matter.

It's just a way to keep members engaged on the forum. 

That's the very definition of the "gamification" trend.

However, I did some research on the invision community platform and it turns out user levels can be tied with functionality and priviledges.

Edit: Just to clarify my remark was not because I was pissed someone outranked me, it was just me stating how ridiculous it was that I was active on the forum creating content and starting conversations, and someone else got the same amount of points it with "." replies. 🙂 

New look of this forum is awesome no doubt about it. It contains also many new features. Badges are also included in the new feature. But for this everyone try to gain those badges. To gain this they post same thing several times, comment in others post like 'thanks' 'very helpful' etc. There is a 'thanks' emoji added on new feature also, so try to use this emoji. And those badges won't help you to get orders or extra benefits. There is many senior seller who lost their badges and now they are trying to gain those. It's fair for them but new seller like me it's totally inappropriate to try gain more badges then the senior and experienced sellers. The senior and experienced sellers help us in many ways. Try to understand their is some chain of command. If everyone has the same higher badges but they don't have enough knowledge in anything then what do you do? 

Don't try to gain the badges try to gain knowledge and don't ruin others post by commenting or post same thing several times.

Thanks.

On the old Fiverr Forum we could see the badges 📛 we received for making our 500th post, getting 500 likes, or having been active daily for a year.

Now we can only see which ones we have, but we cannot see the ones we don't have as was the case on the old Forum. 🤔

Has anyone found where those badges are?

I did find this under our reputation icon, which is kind of cool. 😊

1077183477_ScreenShot2021-06-26at12_58_05PM.thumb.png.eb2e8291f35eb57d402779685b9d4343.png

I couldn't find a list of what you need to achieve for what rank and badge (which is custom settings and maybe Fiverr forum doesn't tell us, so we can't game the gamification system, little bro of Algo 😉, or maybe they just didn't get around to it yet), but I could find an image, so you can make a game out of guessing it from the icons, if you want:

badges.jpg

On 6/26/2021 at 2:38 AM, shadiya646 said:

To gain this they post same thing several times, comment in others post like 'thanks' 'very helpful' etc.

Add to the above: repeating the answers to previous posts, resurrecting old topics, and posting irrelevant replies.

Unfortunately the forum seems to be getting out of hand due to this.

@krheate, that anonymous thingy is for following others (when you follow a forum member, you can choose whether to follow them publicly or anonymously; when others look at your profile, they will only see the members who follow you publicly, while you can see both those who follow you publicly and those who follow you anonymously).

As far as I can tell, you can't make your profile anonymous, but you can remove your Fiverr link from it, and you can disable messaging.

1 hour ago, lloydsolutions said:

Unfortunately the forum seems to be getting out of hand due to this.

Yes, already... And I'm not sure that reporting all those would help right now while the devs have their hands full trying to make the whole forum work.

35 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Yes, already... And I'm not sure that reporting all those would help right now while the devs have their hands full trying to make the whole forum work.

Even today I saw one of the member who has Enthusiast Badge said "Fiber form" instead of Fiverr Forum🙂

Archived