Stop listening to bad advice

williambryan392

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was also taught this advices by my trainers to be 24/7 available,

Yes, that is bad advice. Although some buyers indeed look for sellers online to order from, Fiverr is a world market, and there are buyers online 24 hours a day. I get orders when I am sleeping and not online.

offer unlimited revision,

No, no, no! There have been sellers on the Forum who had reported that when they offered unlimited revisions, buyers would come back months late and want a revision, and customer service would back them on it.

Also, unlimited revisions often attract buyers that will take your work, and even if it is good, they will keep asking for revisions until you get frustrated and ask to cancel.

I offer 0 revisions. As a new seller, you should limit the number to 2 or 3 and charge for any others.

offer 10 buyer request each and everyday

Each seller is allowed to respond to 10 Buyer Requests a day, and often Buyer requests are often the only place new sellers can get jobs. I know it was for me.

BUT do not make an offer on a Buyer Request you are not qualified to do. Plus, never contact the seller through their inbox. You will get in trouble that way. Also, do not send template responses to a Buyer Request. You must respond to what the buyer wants.

I wish more qualified sellers would bid on Buyer’s Request. I wish 5r would let me select the level of seller I want. I’m sick and tired of reading canned responses. I’m sick and tired of reading one sentence bids. I’m sick and tired of writers with grammar errors bidding. I’m sick and tired of proofreaders, who misspell “proofread” bidding. I’m sick of reading 3 paragraphs of a seller’s credentials (canned response - full of grammar errors) instead of them adddressing my needs. Fact 1: B…

Are those really a myth and bad advices?

In short, yes, they are.

Thank you so very much for all the great advices sir!!! I am flabbergasted by thinking, how much dark i was in!!! Thank you for enlighten me.

Thank you so very much for all the great advices sir!!! I am flabbergasted by thinking, how much dark i was in!!! Thank you for enlighten me.

Thank you so very much for all the great advices sir!!!

You are welcome.

Don’t assume that everyone who uses a profile logo is male! 😉

This is good advice from @lloydsolutions who like me is not a sir.

I keep seeing the same advice… ‘post on social media, stay online 24/7, send 10 buyer requests, offer unlimited revisions. etc etc…’

Let’s break it down.

Social media: Creating “how to” videos on YouTube, sharing on relevant Facebook pages and groups, helping others on LinkedIn, CAN get you sales. The problem is not everyone has the time, inclination, ability, charisma, etc, to do this.

Stay online 24/7: Some buyers like to communicate with the seller before ordering, others are happy to message and wait for a reply. Either way, the seller is not going to wake up in the middle of the night just because someone sent him a message, and keeping your computer on 24/7 is bad for the computer or the smartphone. Devices like people, need to rest.

Send 10 buyer requests: This can work, and with copy and paste you can do this in minutes. The trick is to find the perfect buyer request instead of messaging everyone.

I think some new sellers are trying to get attention, so they share the same advice.

I am surprised how few people talk about gig title, tags, gig image, gig description, gig video, etc. That’s the advice I’m looking for.

Hi Fastcopywriter,

I totally agree with you. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Really, the same things are taught to newbies but you have done a great job.

Thanks,

There are some coaching institutions here who teaches us about freelancing works

There are some coaching institutions here who teaches us about freelancing works

I hope they do not charge you money to go to these “institutions.” If they do, then they are robbing you!

I was also thinking that I would like to see the post that give ⬇️ bad advice removed from the Forum.

5% Reiteration of bad advice.

I hope they do not charge you money to go to these “institutions.” If they do, then they are robbing you!

I was also thinking that I would like to see the post that give ⬇️ bad advice removed from the Forum.

You think I should remove it?

I was also taught this advices by my trainers to be 24/7 available, offer unlimited revision, offer 10 buyer request each and everyday…!!! Are those really a myth and bad advices? Some people says that being 24/7 available doesnt affect anything. Its that true???

24/7 available, offer unlimited revision, offer 10 buyer request each and everyday…!!! Are those really a myth and bad advices?

No, it’s the same great as backlinks.

I keep seeing the same advice… ‘post on social media, stay online 24/7, send 10 buyer requests, offer unlimited revisions. etc etc…’

Let’s break it down.

Social media: Creating “how to” videos on YouTube, sharing on relevant Facebook pages and groups, helping others on LinkedIn, CAN get you sales. The problem is not everyone has the time, inclination, ability, charisma, etc, to do this.

Stay online 24/7: Some buyers like to communicate with the seller before ordering, others are happy to message and wait for a reply. Either way, the seller is not going to wake up in the middle of the night just because someone sent him a message, and keeping your computer on 24/7 is bad for the computer or the smartphone. Devices like people, need to rest.

Send 10 buyer requests: This can work, and with copy and paste you can do this in minutes. The trick is to find the perfect buyer request instead of messaging everyone.

I think some new sellers are trying to get attention, so they share the same advice.

I am surprised how few people talk about gig title, tags, gig image, gig description, gig video, etc. That’s the advice I’m looking for.

100% right. your advice

True. Most advice I’ve seen given sounds like a good idea, but it does nothing! So that would explain why most of those advice givers either look like new sellers or just don’t have gigs that sell.

I’m not sure why they spread unconfirmed/incorrect information so much. Even if trying to be helpful, there’s nothing helpful if the info is untrue.

Books about freelancing, even online freelancing, are cheaper and more useful. I also think Fiverr’s LEARN has a free course about using Fiverr.

Some simple advice from someone who has perused gigs for a good seller:

• Ensure your profile is easy to read and clearly describes your skillset and qualifications.
  • Ensure your gig description is easy to read and understand at a glance.

I’ve noticed this is a common problem, so I have just started to offer writing profiles and gig descriptions to assist those who aren’t native English speakers and who want assistance preparing a professional profile and gig description to sell their work here: https://www.fiverr.com/s2/3a0c8af69e

Applaud the positive effort, I actually thought about doing the same gig, but it kind of goes against the original post narrative… I’m not saying you’re not capable of helping someone improve their gigs, I’m saying you haven’t proven you can yet as your own profile is unrated.

Think it’d take a buyer with a lot of faith in your profile to go for it if that makes sense.

Best of luck with it for sure, some sellers would benefit!

How do you say promoting gigs on social media is a bad idea. Please see https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

Fiver want you to promote fiver.

Think about how many buyers will buy a gig after seeing an ad or post for an unrated gig from an unknown seller when they’re not specifically looking for you / that service on Facebook at that time.

The chances are tiny. (Being rated changes this)

So…

Yes, fiver does want you to promote on SM. It’s good for their brand.

Yes, if you make sales from new users you bring to fiver then (it’s believed) fiver algo will be more favourable to you.

No, just posting doesn’t help unless you’re rated. It only helps if someone sees the ad and they buy it.

(I’m not saying it never ever ever works, but it won’t move the needle)

How do you say promoting gigs on social media is a bad idea. Please see https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

Promoting your gig on social media could be a good idea if you’re targeting the right audience. Sharing your gigs with family/friends/or casual followers (that’s the “normal” kind of audience we have on social media) won’t boost your sales.

I believe choosing the right audience is a vital step to make good advertising. You won’t try to sell ice to Eskimos, won’t you? 😉

Applaud the positive effort, I actually thought about doing the same gig, but it kind of goes against the original post narrative… I’m not saying you’re not capable of helping someone improve their gigs, I’m saying you haven’t proven you can yet as your own profile is unrated.

Think it’d take a buyer with a lot of faith in your profile to go for it if that makes sense.

Best of luck with it for sure, some sellers would benefit!

I actually thought about doing the same gig, but it kind of goes against the original post narrative

I remember a post from some time ago that Fiverr does not allow this.

Archived