Stop listening to bad advice

williambryan392

@williambryan392 I have no reason to suspect that, specially considering your success story. 😉 I am on a different path though. I will surely stop by when I am bored. I guess it’s ok have a bit of fun by triggering an attention seeker or, by seeking genuine advice from an astrologer. 😃

Now you are just being a jerk.

Good luck on your “journey” here at Fiverr. You know more than all of us.

GG

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck on your “journey” here at Fiverr. You know more than all of us.

GG

“I am so smart, let me ‘advice’ you. If you don’t accept my ‘advice’ , you are a ‘jerk’.”

Thanks but no thanks.

How do you say promoting gigs on social media is a bad idea. Please see https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

How do you say promoting gigs on social media is a bad idea.

Because I would suggest that most people who come on the forum talking about ‘promoting gigs on social media’ have zero idea what they’re talking about or how to do it.

There is a massive difference between targeting a dedicated group on FaceBook on Insta for example with an occasional post offering a genuine incentive to people who will already be interested in a proposition, vs some random spam type post to your own FaceBook page or Twitter account that will be seen by your friends and family only.

We see it time and time again in the forum. Those who advise “use all 10 buyer requests, stay online 24/7 and post to social media” are only repeating what they’ve read other ill-informed people talk about. And they in turn have only watched these ridiculous “How to make $10,000 a month on Fiverr” videos which litter YouTube.

Reading the words only is very different to understanding their meaning.

The ironic part is that some of the “thank you” comments in this thread likely aren’t a result of their posters reading and understanding what OP says. They are just trying to be active on the forum, because it can boost your ranking according to some people.

Ohhh. Its another another view or version of "“Thank you’”?

Ah, muting, the joy of simple pleasures @vickiespencer 🙂 Great tip, thanks!

Yes, I see @imagination7413 & @lloydsolutions regularly popping up, it seems like they’re trying to hold back the tide. It’s needed.

The thing that gets me is people both suggesting and actually diligently waiting months and months for a first order, just expecting it will eventually come, seemingly putting all or too many of their eggs (career dreams) into the fiver basket.

The whole ‘keep the faith and best of luck’ advice annoys me (perhaps more than it should). There seems to be a blind expectation/belief/narrative that success will come with just time and the thought of all these freelancers putting in so much time, blindly waiting, potentially missing other opportunities make me sad.

I know fiver is a time game, I’m saying it isn’t just a time game. Think it was one of the ‘tide holders’ above that said if you’re not getting orders after a few months then maybe it’s not worth ordering.

Rant over, enjoy your day!.

Then What should we do for Marketing the GIG.

This is True that we cant get sales from Social Media. What should we do to market the gig? @williambryan392

Maybe I’m not using it correctly but the fiver forum seems to be:

75% ‘I’m new’

10% ‘Help me improve/get a sale.’

5% ‘Help I’m confused how to handle a situation.’

5% Reiteration of bad advice.

4% Incoherent waffle.

Then finally:

1% like you @imagination7413 trying to cut through the myths and debunk the rubbish 😆

The people who are new create the Hi Im a new seller post create it for the badge. I think creating your first topic may be suggested when you first join the forum.

I kept hearing the same advices: buyer request and stay online 24/7 never has worked for me, now it is working because i have created the good gig and people send me projects since one week without i do anything, lol
Because everything was a matter of what is working at our days and what people ask the most.

What do you think about adding gigs in favorite list?

adding gigs in favorite list?

The purpose of the favorites list is for a buyer to bookmark a gig so they can easily find it again. Exchanging favorites does nothing to help you get more sales, impressions or clicks. Anyone who advises other sellers to favorite each other is giving BAD ADVICE!

It is easy to get lost in desperation for growth. I stick to my principles of charging a bare minimum and not gaming the system by “fake likes” that’s available all over Facebook.

Some of the buyer’s requests are unrealistic and I steer clear of them, even though I do want to get gigs. One such request was a french man asking for a business plan for 100USD for a big multinational investment company… and houses 4 other medical companies.

The job is 4 individual business plans, tied together under “one name”… my estimation is at least 25 hours of work, calculated 5USD per hour for the gig and he disappeared. I would had charged over 2,000USD in real life (although it will be further vetted, you get the drift…)

An encounter yesterday had me thinking whether the majority of the buyer’s requests are “second-hand” sellers… They use your work and sell it as their own.

Many of the level 1 sellers have broken English. I always make it a point to make full disclosure that I’m not a native English user.

Honesty is the best policy and I hope the Fiverr algorithm doesn’t displace honest sellers.

Archived