Stop listening to bad advice

williambryan392

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep seeing the same advice… ‘post on social media, stay online 24/7, send 10 buyer requests, offer unlimited revisions. etc etc…’

I do not believe this is good advice. But I have a question for those following it - do you check the credentials of the person giving advice? Do you look at their fiver profile?

I’ve seen plenty of sellers with 0 sales, or some with average ratings, giving lots of advice and tips here. If they knew what they were doing maybe their sales or ratings would be higher.

Just saying…

I keep seeing the same advice…

Because bored persons post continuously same questions. Before posting they should read the old answers and tips.

If we do not do those activities, what is to do to get orders on Fiverr?

@williambryan392 @truecodez

@kanggyong1 @english_voice

I did not mean you don’t those activities. I just mentioned that so many duplicated questions and answers in this forum. Some guys just start to ask question post in the forum without trying to find good answers to questions earlier asked.

This decrease the forum quality.

If we do not do those activities, what is to do to get orders on Fiverr?

@williambryan392 @truecodez

@kanggyong1 @english_voice

Remember, fiver is a marketplace. It is about supply and demand. I looked at your profile. I would suggest you consider some things. This is my personal opinion and honest feedback, please don’t take it personally:

1. There a lot of gigs like yours already. Data entry and lead generation are already saturated. Consider offering something different.

2. LinkedIn lead generation is against fiver Terms of Service because it is against LI ToS. Fiver will delete the gig when they see it.

3. You offer to design anything on Canva. Buyers will not be impressed that you make it on Canva. They will not be impressed you have a premium account.

4. The designs you show in your Canva gig images are not premium, high quality or impressive. I could make them and I’m not an ‘expert’.

5. You describe yourself as a ‘professional graphics designer.’ I may be wrong but don’t think anyone that’s truly professional in design uses Canva.

6. You say you have/are a ‘team of experts’. I’m sorry but I do not believe you and I do not think others will either. It is always best to be honest in business. Do not overpromise & do not underdeliver.

You need to really think about where you can add value to buyers. What do they need? What do they want? What can you offer? You need to differentiate from your competition. Offer higher quality and/or better value.

If think you are also a correspondent for a newspaper? Maybe offer services connected to that? There is less supply of that on fiver I think.

Anyway, please do not take this negatively and best of luck!

Remember, fiver is a marketplace. It is about supply and demand. I looked at your profile. I would suggest you consider some things. This is my personal opinion and honest feedback, please don’t take it personally:

1. There a lot of gigs like yours already. Data entry and lead generation are already saturated. Consider offering something different.

2. LinkedIn lead generation is against fiver Terms of Service because it is against LI ToS. Fiver will delete the gig when they see it.

3. You offer to design anything on Canva. Buyers will not be impressed that you make it on Canva. They will not be impressed you have a premium account.

4. The designs you show in your Canva gig images are not premium, high quality or impressive. I could make them and I’m not an ‘expert’.

5. You describe yourself as a ‘professional graphics designer.’ I may be wrong but don’t think anyone that’s truly professional in design uses Canva.

6. You say you have/are a ‘team of experts’. I’m sorry but I do not believe you and I do not think others will either. It is always best to be honest in business. Do not overpromise & do not underdeliver.

You need to really think about where you can add value to buyers. What do they need? What do they want? What can you offer? You need to differentiate from your competition. Offer higher quality and/or better value.

If think you are also a correspondent for a newspaper? Maybe offer services connected to that? There is less supply of that on fiver I think.

Anyway, please do not take this negatively and best of luck!

@williambryan392

Thank you for giving me your valuable time. Your comment is very important. I want to ask you one more thing.

Should I edit my gig or delete & upload a new gig?

@williambryan392

Thank you for giving me your valuable time. Your comment is very important. I want to ask you one more thing.

Should I edit my gig or delete & upload a new gig?

Good question… hmmm… if it was me I would delete and recreate.

Fiver gives new gigs a boost to get visibility/impressions so you would benefit from that.

However, you still need to make sure your new gigs are more appealing. If they are the same as they are now then you will still have the same problem you have now.

Others may disagree with me though.

Good question… hmmm… if it was me I would delete and recreate.

Fiver gives new gigs a boost to get visibility/impressions so you would benefit from that.

However, you still need to make sure your new gigs are more appealing. If they are the same as they are now then you will still have the same problem you have now.

Others may disagree with me though.

@williambryan392

Thanks a lot brother. Please give me a more suggestion.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived