Stop listening to bad advice

williambryan392

Applaud the positive effort, I actually thought about doing the same gig, but it kind of goes against the original post narrative… I’m not saying you’re not capable of helping someone improve their gigs, I’m saying you haven’t proven you can yet as your own profile is unrated.

Think it’d take a buyer with a lot of faith in your profile to go for it if that makes sense.

Best of luck with it for sure, some sellers would benefit!

Applaud the positive effort; I actually thought about doing the same gig, but it kind of goes against the original post narrative…

Yes, as @lloydsolutions said, I am pretty sure Fiverr does not allow this service. I read on the Forum that a seller who tried this had their gig taken down. Fiverr thought it would make sellers who are not competent look better than they are, so they disallowed it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applaud the positive effort; I actually thought about doing the same gig, but it kind of goes against the original post narrative…

Yes, as @lloydsolutions said, I am pretty sure Fiverr does not allow this service. I read on the Forum that a seller who tried this had their gig taken down. Fiverr thought it would make sellers who are not competent look better than they are, so they disallowed it.

That’s disappointing if what a seller is offering is not directly related to their ability to speak English (e.g. a graphic design job).

There are a lot of sellers here for whom English is not their first language who could really benefit from a tidy up of their Gig and Profile descriptions to improve their professional image and consequently, their sales. Those people may deliver an outstanding service unrelated to their general command of English.

I’m interested to explore the specific basis (i.e. which term specifically) upon which Fiverr deems such a gig offering as contrary to the Terms, because on my reading, it’s not clearly stipulated that such an offering would be in breach of the Terms.

That’s disappointing if what a seller is offering is not directly related to their ability to speak English (e.g. a graphic design job).

There are a lot of sellers here for whom English is not their first language who could really benefit from a tidy up of their Gig and Profile descriptions to improve their professional image and consequently, their sales. Those people may deliver an outstanding service unrelated to their general command of English.

I’m interested to explore the specific basis (i.e. which term specifically) upon which Fiverr deems such a gig offering as contrary to the Terms, because on my reading, it’s not clearly stipulated that such an offering would be in breach of the Terms.

You have a point but the bigger issue is that as a buyer I expect the gig to be representative of the sellers abilities, not just to deliver, but to understand and communicate effectively around my requirements.

You have a point but the bigger issue is that as a buyer I expect the gig to be representative of the sellers abilities, not just to deliver, but to understand and communicate effectively around my requirements.

I appreciate that point too, but I don’t think that having a few typos necessarily suggests that there will be a communication barrier; it’s simply more professional for advertisements to be communicated without spelling, grammar and typographical errors. Either way, I can acknowledge that there’s pros and cons to permitting it, but ultimately neither one of us will determine what Fiverr includes in its Terms. The question that remains for me is: precisely where in the Terms does it state that a gig cannot be for that purpose? I have read the Terms and I cannot see this clearly specified.

I am new and I have “0” advice to offer. I joined somewhere in April. If any of you are bored, keep reading. As I said before I have no advice to offer.

I joined because 1. COVID lockdown was depressing. 2. Needed more money.

I think, after a couple of months I got a mail saying “Congratulation, you are now a level 1 seller”. I had no idea what that means. Still don’t know it, not interested in knowing it either.

Anyhow, I noticed my own gig(s) on my FB feed as “top rated Fiverr” gigs. I don’t know why they appeared as “top rated” gigs in my own FB feed. Surely I was not going to buy my own gig.!

But I got 5-6 messages every night from potential buyers. I had to respectfully reject most of them after asking a few questions.

However I got some genuine orders too. That was great. Should I thank Fiverr for it. I already paid 20% or so. So it’s probably not necessary. No one cares if you do it.

Issue1:
I live in down under. So when rest of you folks are awake, I am in deep sleep. So my Fiverr response rate is going down all the time. Have a you got any advice to improve my Fiverr response rate?.. I am kidding. 😃 I am not going to wake up at 3AM to respond to anyone. nor I am going to activate “Sleep” mode. 😉

Issue2:
Customer is the king (as long as they pay me). But there were two situations where customers “kindly requested” me to “hold on” the delivery. So I obliged. Mistake! (Not really, I made the right decision)
Fiverr slapped me with a late delivery penalty, brought down my 100% on time delivery to 50%.

What did I do? I fought back like a wounded Ox. My clients were furious too. They wrote email after email to Fiverr. At the end Fiverr asked me to suck it up and work hard and pay their 20%.

So I have only one advice to you folks. Suck it up and work hard!. or waste your time “seeking advice”.

Cheers.
😃

I appreciate that point too, but I don’t think that having a few typos necessarily suggests that there will be a communication barrier; it’s simply more professional for advertisements to be communicated without spelling, grammar and typographical errors. Either way, I can acknowledge that there’s pros and cons to permitting it, but ultimately neither one of us will determine what Fiverr includes in its Terms. The question that remains for me is: precisely where in the Terms does it state that a gig cannot be for that purpose? I have read the Terms and I cannot see this clearly specified.

I don’t think that having a few typos necessarily suggests that there will be a communication barrier;

If the issue was “a few typos,” that would be okay, but it goes beyond that. I have dealt with sellers who have poor communication skills and it is very difficult to get across what I want to be done. A buyer should be aware of the lack of communication skills before they start to deal with a buyer.

The question that remains for me is: precisely where in the Terms does it state that a gig cannot be for that purpose?

I am not sure, and I do not want to comb TOS to find it, but I know of at least two sellers who have had that type of gig removed and got warnings for having it.

I am new and I have “0” advice to offer. I joined somewhere in April. If any of you are bored, keep reading. As I said before I have no advice to offer.

I think, after a couple of months I got a mail saying “Congratulation, you are now a level 1 seller”. I had no idea what that means. Still don’t know it, not interested in knowing it either.

Anyhow, I noticed my own gig(s) on my FB feed as “top rated Fiverr” gigs. I don’t know why they appeared as “top rated” gigs in my own FB feed. Surely I was not going to buy my own gig.!

But I got 5-6 messages every night from potential buyers. I had to respectfully reject most of them after asking a few questions.

However I got some genuine orders too. That was great. Should I thank Fiverr for it. I already paid 20% or so. So it’s probably not necessary. No one cares if you do it.

Issue1:

I live in down under. So when rest of you folks are awake, I am in deep sleep. So my Fiverr response rate is going down all the time. Have a you got any advice to improve my Fiverr response rate?.. I am kidding. 😃 I am not going to wake up at 3AM to respond to anyone. nor I am going to activate “Sleep” mode. 😉

Issue2:

Customer is the king (as long as they pay me). But there were two situations where customers “kindly requested” me to “hold on” the delivery. So I obliged. Mistake! (Not really, I made the right decision)

Fiverr slapped me with a late delivery penalty, brought down my 100% on time delivery to 50%.

What did I do? I fought back like a wounded Ox. My clients were furious too. They wrote email after email to Fiverr. At the end Fiverr asked me to suck it up and work hard and pay their 20%.

So I have only one advice to you folks. Suck it up and work hard!. or waste your time “seeking advice”.

Cheers.

😃

If your clients wanted you to “hold” or delay the delivery of the project or work, you could have gotten around the Late Delivery and lowering your on time stats by going to the Resolution Center and extending the delivery date. You could essentially keep doing this if this client needed more time… So, you sort of shot yourself in the foot there - there was no need for your stats to go down to 50%.

GG

If your clients wanted you to “hold” or delay the delivery of the project or work, you could have gotten around the Late Delivery and lowering your on time stats by going to the Resolution Center and extending the delivery date. You could essentially keep doing this if this client needed more time… So, you sort of shot yourself in the foot there - there was no need for your stats to go down to 50%.

GG

Sorry mate. Wrong advice. It doesn’t work that way MOST of the times. If you want me to explain, I can. But I will let you research on it.

I don’t think that having a few typos necessarily suggests that there will be a communication barrier;

If the issue was “a few typos,” that would be okay, but it goes beyond that. I have dealt with sellers who have poor communication skills and it is very difficult to get across what I want to be done. A buyer should be aware of the lack of communication skills before they start to deal with a buyer.

The question that remains for me is: precisely where in the Terms does it state that a gig cannot be for that purpose?

I am not sure, and I do not want to comb TOS to find it, but I know of at least two sellers who have had that type of gig removed and got warnings for having it.

I submitted a query to Fiverr to clarify this and customer service could not specify which term in the Terms of Service is breached by creating such a gig, but indicated that they also ‘have internal company guidelines which we can’t disclose’ that requires sellers to write their own descriptions. It’s unfortunate and unfair for new sellers that they are subject to guidelines that may impact on whether a gig is approved or denied, yet those guidelines are not disclosed? There is a clear lack of transparency by Fiverr there…

I submitted a query to Fiverr to clarify this and customer service could not specify which term in the Terms of Service is breached by creating such a gig, but indicated that they also ‘have internal company guidelines which we can’t disclose’ that requires sellers to write their own descriptions. It’s unfortunate and unfair for new sellers that they are subject to guidelines that may impact on whether a gig is approved or denied, yet those guidelines are not disclosed? There is a clear lack of transparency by Fiverr there…

here is a clear lack of transparency by Fiverr there…

As I said, the only way I knew about it is that I read about sellers coming to the Forum and saying their gigs had been taken down or denied because of it. However, I agree with the policy.

Issue1:

Issue2:

Cheers.

😃

Customer is the king

No they are not.

You might not care what is level one seller etc and you don’t have to.

However all your problems is from not knowing how the platform you are using works.

You can blame it as much as you want on the platform but it’s also on you because you didn’t familiarise yourself with a tool that you are using.

Customer is the king

No they are not.

You might not care what is level one seller etc and you don’t have to.

However all your problems is from not knowing how the platform you are using works.

You can blame it as much as you want on the platform but it’s also on you because you didn’t familiarise yourself with a tool that you are using.

@mariashtelle1: Do you know how it works? Good for you. I am not blaming the platform. I am just getting used to it. I am not seeking any advice for it either. Most users are capable of reading and understanding T & Cs.

Do you know know the formulae and exact conditions used for calculating fiver matrixes? Specifically ontime delivery?

@mariashtelle1: Do you know how it works? Good for you. I am not blaming the platform. I am just getting used to it. I am not seeking any advice for it either. Most users are capable of reading and understanding T & Cs.

Do you know know the formulae and exact conditions used for calculating fiver matrixes? Specifically ontime delivery?

Specifically ontime delivery?

I do 😉 and you can too with a simple click on fiverr help page.

@mariashtelle1 That’s silly. Unless you are the person who designed/developed that algorithm, you don’t know it.

Are you the person who did that? If so I can help you to fix that bug.

That’s silly. Unless you are the person who designed/developed that algorithm, you don’t know it.

I’m not sure if we are talking about different things but we all know how “on time delivery” ratio calculated.

No one knows how ranking algorithm works however fiverr is very clear on how sellers performance metrics are calculated including on time delivery ratio, completion ratio etc. :woman_shrugging:

That’s silly. Unless you are the person who designed/developed that algorithm, you don’t know it.

I’m not sure if we are talking about different things but we all know how “on time delivery” ratio calculated.

No one knows how ranking algorithm works however fiverr is very clear on how sellers performance metrics are calculated including on time delivery ratio, completion ratio etc. :woman_shrugging:

@mariashtelle1 Thanks. You could have just said, “I am not the developer, so I don’t know it.”

@mariashtelle1 Thanks. You could have just said, “I am not the developer, so I don’t know it.”

You could have just said, “I am not the developer, so I don’t know it.”

Why would I say that I don’t know it if I DO know how fiverr calculated on time delivery ratio?

AND AS I SAID BEFORE THEY EVEN EXPLAIN THAT in their fiverr help page.

If you want to be ignorant and don’t want to do research (and in this case simply read fiverr help page) and for some reason to make assumptions that I don’t know something when I precisely told you that I do, and others know it too then it’s your choice.

Good luck with your fiverr journey.

You could have just said, “I am not the developer, so I don’t know it.”

Why would I say that I don’t know it if I DO know how fiverr calculated on time delivery ratio?

AND AS I SAID BEFORE THEY EVEN EXPLAIN THAT in their fiverr help page.

If you want to be ignorant and don’t want to do research (and in this case simply read fiverr help page) and for some reason to make assumptions that I don’t know something when I precisely told you that I do, and others know it too then it’s your choice.

Good luck with your fiverr journey.

@mariashtelle1 It’s always a wise decision NOT to assume others are not capable of reading and understanding what’s available on Fiverr. 😀( I know I triggered someone.) if you haven’t figured out yet, I was just being sarcastic from the beginning. So chill.

Spend more time on this forum and I bet you change your mind!

@williambryan392 I have no reason to suspect that, specially considering your success story. 😉 I am on a different path though. I will surely stop by when I am bored. I guess it’s ok have a bit of fun by triggering an attention seeker or, by seeking genuine advice from an astrologer. 😃

Archived