Gig from first to last page, Search Algorithm Problem - HERE IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME!

insects44

poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Asia
    • Europe
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Australia

How do we know if a seller is currently online? I can see the little green dot on my profile when I’m online but don’t see it on the profiles of other sellers.

I see we now have a button to click to show online sellers. I wonder how many actually see that and use it?

I get people who just want to chat endlessly sometimes.

I don’t have to choose that option, I always see the green dot on the sellers that are online.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t have to choose that option, I always see the green dot on the sellers that are online.

Where do you see it? I only see it if I go to their profile but it’s not on their gigs or any place else.

Usually potential buyers only go to the gig and have no way to tell if that seller is online or not. It takes a separate click on the seller’s name to get to the profile.

Where do you see it? I only see it if I go to their profile but it’s not on their gigs or any place else.

Usually potential buyers only go to the gig and have no way to tell if that seller is online or not. It takes a separate click on the seller’s name to get to the profile.

If you do a Fiverr search for gigs (eg. “logo”) it shows the name of the seller next to each gig shown in the gig results and it should show a green circle on their profile image to the left of their seller name there if they’re “online”.

If you do a Fiverr search for gigs (eg. “logo”) it shows the name of the seller next to each gig shown in the gig results and it should show a green circle on their profile image to the left of their seller name there if they’re “online”.

Exactly, it shows on the search results, there’s no need to click on their profile @misscrystal

I’m talking about the desktop version though, I can’t remember if it shows on the app

If you are active enough and Fiverr notices, they will put you infront

Where did you get this information?

I’ll pay $20 for a proven reliable source.

Here’s one place where there’s similar info (from 2017):

softwareengineeringdaily.com

SED462-Fiverr-Engineering.pdf

119.70 KB

If being active = being “available online” according to Fiverr or recently loading a page on Fiverr (which will count as “online” (if that was what was meant by that and if it didn’t mean the “available now” option that there used to be)).

Page 15:

we find out that when a seller is available, he’s actually online, there is more

likelihood to have a great experience of buying and selling. One of, I would call it boosts that our

search algorithm gives is floating up with some volume, those sellers who are available online . In a way that the overall experience of both buyer and seller is actually better. That’s an

example for one feature that our search engine looks at as we do the ranking of available gigs for search

The main thing I take from this PDF won’t seem directly linked to the algorithm to many, but I’ll assure anyone who’ll say “that’s nothing to do with the algorithm” that it has 😉 and in any case, I’d recommend to always keep it in mind for success on Fiverr beyond being on the first or last page of search results temporarily:

Fiverr’s North Star is a happy buyer.

If you have no idea what this means, or could possibly have to do with the algorithm, read the PDF, and think about the implications.

(“you” = anyone reading this, not uk1000 specifically, might seem so but that’s just because I replied to the post in which they kindly linked that PDF)

But they are not accepting it that there is a problem with Gig Placement. They are just talking about Gig stats.

And who knows Gig placement will be fixed or not. What are you views?

they are not accepting it that there is a problem with Gig Placement.

There is no problem with “gig placement”. Fiverr says that the algorithm is working as it should. It rotates gigs on a daily basis according to internal calculations and metrics we don’t know. No seller is guarantee any specific placement in the search results just because they want that position.

If you want to improve your sales potential, it would be wise to spend some time researching your target customers, connecting to them, and encouraging them to hire you. It is unwise to expect the intentionally varied search system to provide all of your sales. As a seller, you are a business person. It is your responsibility to build your success. No one else, or any algorithm, can do that for you.

they are not accepting it that there is a problem with Gig Placement.

There is no problem with “gig placement”. Fiverr says that the algorithm is working as it should. It rotates gigs on a daily basis according to internal calculations and metrics we don’t know. No seller is guarantee any specific placement in the search results just because they want that position.

If you want to improve your sales potential, it would be wise to spend some time researching your target customers, connecting to them, and encouraging them to hire you. It is unwise to expect the intentionally varied search system to provide all of your sales. As a seller, you are a business person. It is your responsibility to build your success. No one else, or any algorithm, can do that for you.

Fiverr says that the algorithm is working as it should.

do you expect them to say that … it’s not working as it should ?

The main thing I take from this PDF won’t seem directly linked to the algorithm to many, but I’ll assure anyone who’ll say “that’s nothing to do with the algorithm” that it has 😉 and in any case, I’d recommend to always keep it in mind for success on Fiverr beyond being on the first or last page of search results temporarily:

Fiverr’s North Star is a happy buyer.

If you have no idea what this means, or could possibly have to do with the algorithm, read the PDF, and think about the implications.

(“you” = anyone reading this, not uk1000 specifically, might seem so but that’s just because I replied to the post in which they kindly linked that PDF)

What I read and I admit I skimmed it was engineers talking about the various types of code and programs the algorithm uses. The only thing I saw was to have sellers stay online as much as possible, as far as seller behavior goes.

It also mentioned something that sounded like rationing orders when sellers are more busy. This is because they think quality of the delivery goes down when sellers have more orders and are more busy.

I’m not sure why they think this or what they use to judge “quality of delivery” unless it’s reviews.

Fiverr says that the algorithm is working as it should.

do you expect them to say that … it’s not working as it should ?

Fiverr says the search results are working as they are supposed to. They manage and control how the algorithm is set to function. If they say the system is working, why would we not believe them? You don’t have guaranteed “gig placement”. That’s not how Fiverr works.

Fiverr says the search results are working as they are supposed to. They manage and control how the algorithm is set to function. If they say the system is working, why would we not believe them? You don’t have guaranteed “gig placement”. That’s not how Fiverr works.

because the whole search algorithm problem started when the analytics issue appeared as well , I find that to be at least strange but of course , everyone can believe what they want

because the whole search algorithm problem started when the analytics issue appeared as well , I find that to be at least strange but of course , everyone can believe what they want

because the whole search algorithm problem started when the analytics issue appeared as well

People have been making these same complaints and demands for years. This is nothing new.

because the whole search algorithm problem started when the analytics issue appeared as well

People have been making these same complaints and demands for years. This is nothing new.

This is nothing new.

that doesn’t mean that there isn’t a problem with the search algorithm

Well, This sucks,
2 Months ago, My vocal tuning gig was on the first page of the category, 1st or 2nd always. I was getting some good ammount of orders too and suddenly the gig went down and i was like OMG, what happend?

and my best seller gig was on the first page, and it went kaboom.

Pretty dissapointed. I was doing fine and done nothing wrong. My rating is still 5. Never ever delieved late or anything like that.

Well, i will try this to get back and let you know if it worked.

Well, This sucks,

2 Months ago, My vocal tuning gig was on the first page of the category, 1st or 2nd always. I was getting some good ammount of orders too and suddenly the gig went down and i was like OMG, what happend?

and my best seller gig was on the first page, and it went kaboom.

Pretty dissapointed. I was doing fine and done nothing wrong. My rating is still 5. Never ever delieved late or anything like that.

Well, i will try this to get back and let you know if it worked.

@syedzeeshan7860 I hope it works for you. Please keep us informed. Give it at least a week.

Someone suggested for the closure and a poll was raised

Well I for one would love to hear how @syedzeeshan7860 does when he follows these suggestions so hopefully he makes a new thread on this subject.

We have dozens of people saying they have had their gigs moved to the last page so anything that might help them should be listened to. Now we have someone who is going to actively utilize the suggestions made and we can’t get a result from him due to the thread closing.

I don’t see the reason to close this. People are participating.

Well I for one would love to hear how @syedzeeshan7860 does when he follows these suggestions so hopefully he makes a new thread on this subject.

We have dozens of people saying they have had their gigs moved to the last page so anything that might help them should be listened to. Now we have someone who is going to actively utilize the suggestions made and we can’t get a result from him due to the thread closing.

I don’t see the reason to close this. People are participating.

Yes sure. I will surely update by creating a new thread if the procedure works for me like stated.

otherwise, if it doesn’t, I will still make a thread. But frankly speaking, the Fiverr algorithm works mysteriously so what might work for me won’t work for someone else.

Yes sure. I will surely update by creating a new thread if the procedure works for me like stated.

otherwise, if it doesn’t, I will still make a thread. But frankly speaking, the Fiverr algorithm works mysteriously so what might work for me won’t work for someone else.

Thanks, I will be interested in seeing if it works or not.

I guess we are supposed to only have mek sell questions.

How do I mek a sell… ? Let us not deviate from that topic.

Anyway I hope these suggestions work. I don’t see how trying them would hurt if someone is not getting any sales and their gig does not appear where anyone sees it.

My suggestion would be for anyone in that situation to try changing the gig image first, wait a day or two, before changing and improving the description. I’m really not sure about changing the tags.

What I read and I admit I skimmed it was engineers talking about the various types of code and programs the algorithm uses. The only thing I saw was to have sellers stay online as much as possible, as far as seller behavior goes.

It also mentioned something that sounded like rationing orders when sellers are more busy. This is because they think quality of the delivery goes down when sellers have more orders and are more busy.

I’m not sure why they think this or what they use to judge “quality of delivery” unless it’s reviews.

The only thing I saw was to have sellers stay online as much as possible, as far as seller behavior goes.

That’s too one-dimensional. Algorithms are very sophisticated and intricate things these days. If you look at it in the light of the happy buyer maxim, a seller who shows as online but yet doesn’t reply within x timeframe might make the buyer unhappier than a seller who doesn’t show as online but yet replies within a shorter timeframe than the other seller, or even later, because they buyer didn’t expect that seller to reply within a short timeframe.

Same. Again, happy buyer is everything, and algorithms know many things these days, so … buyer goes to seller A, seller A is busy and brushes buyer off, buyer happened to be new to Fiverr, didn’t quite enjoy this first experience, and leaves the platform. The algorithm doesn’t like that and doesn’t send seller A new buyers for, let’s say 14 days, after all, they are so busy they don’t even think about spending a minute to help to onboard that buyer for Fiverr. Buyer goes to seller B, who is busy too but takes the time to reply in a friendly manner, maybe even gives that new buyer a good tip on how to search for a suitable other seller, buyer goes to the suitable seller C they find thanks to seller B’s kind help and seller C isn’t too busy and takes their order, buyer is happy, Fiverr gets their money, and the algorithm sends both seller B and C a new buyer after their next delivery. However, perhaps seller A gets high-ticket orders all the time, never delivers late, always gets raving private reviews, in which case the algorithm might forgive them that one buyer and send them a new buyer right the next day, or after their next delivery, too.

The algorithm also knows if a seller tends to start sending people away after x orders in queue, in which case it might indeed stop sending buyers their way for a while, to not even risk that they might leave the platform out of frustration, and it might know many other things that one often doesn’t even think about, for instance, it might know which sellers tend to be able to satisfy buyers who complained to support (because apparently, they might recommend sellers to buyers in some cases), as newer CXM systems do their best to link anything and everything, and they collect, analyze, interlink and implement data collected internally, externally, we have an increasingly multi-layered entity which works towards the maxim of making and keeping buyers happy.

Happy sellers are probably more a byproduct of happy buyers but, depending on what all the data say, happy sellers, as long as it doesn’t interfere with happy buyers, might also be one of the goals of the algorithm.

If you read whitepapers or other material about new CXM systems/platforms, it’s fascinating or frightening, or both, depending on where you stand, to see how far they have come and to imagine how far they’ll still go.

People who are interested in Fiverr’s algorithm updates should keep an eye on Amazon’s algorithm updates; if you take a look at what’s new or how the weighting shifts for diverse factors, it might give you some good ideas about Fiverr algorithm updates too, and there is a lot more published about Amazon’s algorithm. They aren’t congruent, of course, but there are certainly overlaps.

Archived