Gig from first to last page, Search Algorithm Problem - HERE IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME!

insects44

poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Asia
    • Europe
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Australia

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But still people believe everything is fine even though they are not from Fiverr Team. I mean why don’t they do some research and go through all these forum posts which are being posted daily. And those are the people who joined Fiverr a year or two ago and are telling people who are here for 6-7 years that nothing is wrong.

Fiverr should take this seriously and work on it or at least provide an update as this is not happening with just one person or two.

People who think everything is fine are mostly lucky old sellers who never experienced problems. As the poll shows, only 2/3 of the people got demoted to the end of the search:

screenshot_430.png.8d5df36fd3fd6f3b10b0368479c20ca8.png
screenshot_430713×175 6.37 KB

I am wondering how much harder I can try. It gets to a point where you do all you can do and put in 12 hours a day 7 days a week and have new images on gigs that have been extremely popular but still, something is wrong. I’m not complaining about last month, it was great. But suddenly to have everything come to a halt makes me wonder why. I wonder if it was due to blocking someone.

At least you problem just started. Mine was thrown to the back since November last year

I just found something interesting. This topic was created 3 years ago:

Hi Doers! Some of you may have noticed some… strange things happening to your searched Gig placements in the marketplace. Not to fear, we’re running some tests on the search placement algorithm in order to best maximize placement for all Gigs. The goal of these tests is to make sure that we’re surfacing the best Gigs for the intended search. For example, we don’t want to show Gigs that are not active, sellers who are on vacation, etc, etc. We’re weighing a multitude of factors for these tests…

This is post shows that there is a slight chance Fiverr did something without warning us this time. @mjensen415, I’m really sorry for bothering you, can you explain if there is something new going on with the search algorithm?

I just found something interesting. This topic was created 3 years ago:

Hi Doers! Some of you may have noticed some… strange things happening to your searched Gig placements in the marketplace. Not to fear, we’re running some tests on the search placement algorithm in order to best maximize placement for all Gigs. The goal of these tests is to make sure that we’re surfacing the best Gigs for the intended search. For example, we don’t want to show Gigs that are not active, sellers who are on vacation, etc, etc. We’re weighing a multitude of factors for these tests…

This is post shows that there is a slight chance Fiverr did something without warning us this time. @mjensen415, I’m really sorry for bothering you, can you explain if there is something new going on with the search algorithm?

there is a slight chance Fiverr did something without warning us this time.

I think that this is surely the case…

Thanks for your post. I understand and agree most of the thing you post. But one important thing I have heard from videos and blogs that to update gig image, description is not good for fiverr gig ranking.

It is not good if you are on first or second page. However, if you are on the last pages, it would be better for you to edit it, since it won’t affect your position badly and you have chance to be sent first-second page. I think the most important part of the Gig’s position is being active, online, and applying more buyer requests.

People who think everything is fine are mostly lucky old sellers who never experienced problems. As the poll shows, only 2/3 of the people got demoted to the end of the search:

People with at least five orders in their queues are complaining.

Why would 8 out of 10 people complain their gigs are on the last page when they are on the first two pages?

I have checked on ten people who are complaining.

People with at least five orders in their queues are complaining.

Why would 8 out of 10 people complain their gigs are on the last page when they are on the first two pages?

I have checked on ten people who are complaining.

Hmm? I think I know why. I don’t think they know how to search their gig. For example my gig is on last pages when you type “Gif”, however it is in the first pages if you type :“Loading Gif”.

There are free sites if you look on google which will show you where your gig is located.

That’s precisely correct @insects44.

There are free sites if you look on google which will show you where your gig is located.

We have blocked that site on the forum, it’s not Fiverr authorised site, for security concern we (Moderator team) decided to block it.

Once you get thrown back in the search. If you are in a good spot, don’t edit your gig, because the opposite may happen.

The opposite did happen to me… i tried updating, adding video, tags, FAQ… and my gig disappeared completely…Help? When i put in the words contained in the gig title - she is nowhere to be found…not on the last page.

I suppose it makes sense. You’re expected to keep your product fresh and relevant.

And to prove this point, I edit my gig every 3-4 months (minor description edits and adjustments of the delivery time mostly) and after I do, I can see a sharp (around 40%) increase in clicks/impressions. It would happen 100% of the time when I checked, I just couldn’t find a proper context to bring this up considering all the “IF YOU EDIT YOUR GIG, IT’LL DIE!!!” attitude that seems to be prevalent.

Two of my gigs rally died, they do not appear in search of words in their title…

This Fiverr rep is confirming what I keep saying on this forum -and on my one stream on the subject- that ranking is about relevance.

Just because you are relevant today, it doesn’t mean you will be the next week.

And that’s because of many MANY variables.

The algorithm doesn’t rely on your gig’s tags to define relevance. This isn’t Google.

There are over a dozen metrics, different types of measuring performance as well.

Sellers never look past reviews. We need to get over how many perfect reviews we have.

To sum up: There is no hack.

And btw editing your gig all the time isn’t a good idea for sellers who aren’t part of the “success program”.

Because between you and me, I can edit my gig 20 times a day and my gig won’t be taken off SERP for even a second. But a seller who isn’t a part of that program will see their gig disappear for 24-48 hours.

How to recover these vanished gigs? 🙂

How to recover these vanished gigs? 🙂

There is no hack or one solution that fits all.

If you were getting sales, and then stopped getting leads and sales, then it may just be that the Fiverr algorithm finds you less relevant.

If that’s the case,then your best bet would be to do some quick research and find out if there’s more competition, if your tags are in line with what’s trending in your category, and edit accordingly.

Keep patience and keep doing the positive changes.

Using the high quality images in gig is vitally important to get a useful attentions.

My gig is full of Keywords & related Keywords. I try to use a small video as fiverr recommend video my gigs image are clear and even many reviews image are on fiverr

Archived