Gig from first to last page, Search Algorithm Problem - HERE IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME!

insects44

poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Asia
    • Europe
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Australia

You should stop hijacking other people’s posts with your issues that have been frankly discussed to death ever since the analytics problem first came up.

Insect was just helping.

That’s the thing, I am not arguing, I am simply trying to define what helping really is and how it is presented.

I care about this community, so I’d like to help protect Fiverr sellers from blindly doing random stuff hoping to be “rewarded”.

I will always find a way to prove myself.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should stop hijacking other people’s posts with your issues that have been frankly discussed to death ever since the analytics problem first came up.

Insect was just helping.

That’s the thing, I am not arguing, I am simply trying to define what helping really is and how it is presented.

I care about this community, so I’d like to help protect Fiverr sellers from blindly doing random stuff hoping to be “rewarded”.

I said do: everything possible to make your gigs better, to make your account better, stay as much active as possible. Send as much buyer requests as possible. Do everything possible to get yourself back in position.

Maybe some of the experienced sellers here have some constructive advice to give as an alternative to what insects44 has posted which would be helpful.

What insects44 has posted might indeed NOT be helpful to others but maybe someone else has other ideas that WOULD be helpful.

I said do: everything possible to make your gigs better, to make your account better, stay as much active as possible. Send as much buyer requests as possible. Do everything possible to get yourself back in position.

If you have suggestions, share them! Stop arguing please!

What is the most important part of all is being active. For real active. Not checking your Fiverr account once a week for orders. @eoinfinnegan

If you are active enough and Fiverr notices, they will put you infront. This is the solution.

If you are active enough and Fiverr notices, they will put you infront

Where did you get this information?

I’ll pay $20 for a proven reliable source.

Here’s one place where there’s similar info (from 2017):

softwareengineeringdaily.com

SED462-Fiverr-Engineering.pdf

119.70 KB

If being active = being “available online” according to Fiverr or recently loading a page on Fiverr (which will count as “online” (if that was what was meant by that and if it didn’t mean the “available now” option that there used to be)).

Page 15:

we find out that when a seller is available, he’s actually online, there is more

likelihood to have a great experience of buying and selling. One of, I would call it boosts that our

search algorithm gives is floating up with some volume, those sellers who are available online . In a way that the overall experience of both buyer and seller is actually better. That’s an

example for one feature that our search engine looks at as we do the ranking of available gigs for search

119.70 KB

If being active = being “available online” according to Fiverr or recently loading a page on Fiverr (which will count as “online” (if that was what was meant by that and if it didn’t mean the “available now” option that there used to be)).

Page 15:

we find out that when a seller is available, he’s actually online, there is more

likelihood to have a great experience of buying and selling. One of, I would call it boosts that our

search algorithm gives is floating up with some volume, those sellers who are available online . In a way that the overall experience of both buyer and seller is actually better. That’s an

example for one feature that our search engine looks at as we do the ranking of available gigs for search

@uk1000, thanks for sharing. I saw the activity thing from somewhere else, however, I don’t remember where from.

I read through the algorithm search placement issue that @insects44 linked to this post dated back to 2017… The issue occurred April, 2017… But there was an update from from Fiverr staff that they are working on the search placement, and that period too, gig statistics were down… I’m not saying same thing is happening now that the search algorithm is faulty.

I read through the algorithm search placement issue that @insects44 linked to this post dated back to 2017… The issue occurred April, 2017… But there was an update from from Fiverr staff that they are working on the search placement, and that period too, gig statistics were down… I’m not saying same thing is happening now that the search algorithm is faulty.

I don’t think it’s the same thing. It may have occured then, however I think this one is a new one.

119.70 KB

Page 15:

Send me a custom offer

119.70 KB

Page 15:

Thanks for sharing…

Send me a custom offer

Thanks 😀

Though I’m okay though and we don’t know for sure that’s what’s still happening or what that really meant (eg. whether it might have been using the “available now” thing) or how much weight it’s given. But it possibly could still be happening like that.

Last month was as if no restrictions were put on how many orders I got and it was wonderful. This month it’s like I’ve been penalized for something and I have no idea what.

I find it frustrating that I can’t work at full capacity every month.

@uk1000 what was that transcript from? When was that done?

Last month was as if no restrictions were put on how many orders I got and it was wonderful. This month it’s like I’ve been penalized for something and I have no idea what.

It is gig rotation normally…

what was that transcript from? When was that done?

That document says “© 2017”. Though it’s a transcript from a soundcloud post that says “2 years ago” (so 2018 probably - it doesn’t say a specific date, just “2 years ago”) and it was linked to from Fiverr Engineering’s section on the Medium site on Jan 11 2018.

edit: the page source on the soundcloud post says "“created_at”:“2018-01-11T13:47:04Z” - so maybe it was Jan 11 2018 just like the post on Medium.

edit: though the interview was probably recorded before Dec 4th 2017 because it says at the end “Join me December 4th through 7th…”.

The Available Now feature was in beta in Sep 2017 so that could have been what it was about if it wasn’t Fiverr’s normal “online” feature.

I’m having a bunch of repeat clients and I was able to keep myself occupied throughout May with their help. However, it will no longer help me to expand my business. Let’s hope things will get back to normal pretty soon.

Do you remember when all this started? I had checked my rank on May 1, the Gig was on first page. but for two days on 2nd and 3rd May I did not get any inquiry. I checked again then it was on last page. So I think it is the May 2 as per Indian time and May 1 USA time when all this happened.

Ok, I wanted to help the community with what helped for me. I worked hard on this, gathered information from several sources, and as a reward, someone like you somes and says: “This is clickbait”. I feel worthless, and that I wasted my time typing this post.

Just think about it, I just shared everything what a seller could do, to restore their gig position. I cannot think of something else.

You are doing your best. Keep doing it. I appreciate that you have all your Gigs up again but then too you are posting here for other sellers.

How do we know if a seller is currently online? I can see the little green dot on my profile when I’m online but don’t see it on the profiles of other sellers.

I see we now have a button to click to show online sellers. I wonder how many actually see that and use it?

I get people who just want to chat endlessly sometimes.

Archived