Gig from first to last page, Search Algorithm Problem - HERE IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME!

insects44

poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Asia
    • Europe
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Australia

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean I’m not getting into how keywords and SEO for fiverr works. I don’t have any more information on that than anyone but generally I should be able to tell what keywords a gig is using but I can’t in yours.

You are a hero! 😎

Your point makes sense. It doesnt match with url. So i have changed lets see tomorrow

Do you know what keyword people are searching for you under?

I am starting to think those pushed to the back MIGHT have no definite keyword usage. I think possibly that they might have gotten better placements in the past by human intervention.

It’s not just the URL matching the title. It’s the entire gig setup.

I am starting to think those pushed to the back MIGHT have no definite keyword usage. I think possibly that they might have gotten better placements in the past by human intervention.

By keyword you mean tags? What do you mean by keyboard? Can you explain please?

We can’t know thought. I wanna do an experiment, I wanna create a new account and test all the stuff discussed on this topic. However, I’m afraid that’s against the TOS.

If keywords are a thing in Fiverr, then the SEO is a thing too!

Of course keywords are a thing in fiverr. It’s a search engine. And those need to find what keyword to place your gigs under. As far as SEO for fiverr that really doesn’t work well. It’s deliberately obscured.

Of course keywords are a thing in fiverr. It’s a search engine. And those need to find what keyword to place your gigs under. As far as SEO for fiverr that really doesn’t work well. It’s deliberately obscured.

So then my SEO theory is true?

This is a long topic and thread. There are a lot of things you could disagree for. If you notice something which is not correct, tag me and tell me what needs to be corrected.

I recently noticed this “bug”: Top sellers from the first page get thrown to the last page and then forgotten forever. If you came here to learn why and how I fixed it, you’ve come to the right place. However, this may take a lot of effort from your side, so, get ready! 🚀

Before I show you the steps to fix your gig’s position in the search, I wanna explain how the search algorithm works and why so many people are confused about it.

Why am I getting demoted?

Fiverr decided to insert a new tactic, which confused a lot of sellers, and they don’t know what to do. Fiverr want’s to give chance to new sellers, that’s why there is always circulation on the first page in the search. A random amount of new sellers are getting promoted on the first page, so they have a little bit of chance to grow into successful sellers.

Fiverr decided to demote old gigs that were not edited for a long time. For example, you may have a thousand of reviews, however, you haven’t updated your gig from a year, Fiverr randomly decides that your gig is old, and boring, and throws it back to the last page, where it will be forgotten if you don’t do anything about it. This is probably a new clean-up strategy to remove old gigs from the first pages.

No matter if your gig is active, with a lot of orders in queue, whether you have any rank or not, you lose it in minutes. Then you have to regain everything again the way you started, however this time it must be easier because you have reviews.

This didn’t seem to occur before, so I think there is a change that has been made in the algorithm.

How do I get on the first page again?

First, make sure you are searching for your gig right. If you search you gig with “animation”, it may not be on first place, however, if you search it with “loading animation”, it may be in the first place! If you tried every possible search and you couldn’t find your gig, then you may continue reading this thread.

SUMMARY, if you don't have time to read this topic:

If you have tried everything, editing your gig, tags, images, video… and nothing worked, the best thing for you, if you are one of those sellers with a lot of orders getting demoted is buyer requests. If you have more time to read, continue reading, and find out yourself…

I contacted support about this issue and they answered exactly what I expected:

Regularly refresh your Gigs with new photos and descriptions

Before I tell you what I did, let me show you the results of it:

This is my gig:

These are my tags:

screenshot_427

And this is my spot in the search when I search for “Loading GIF and GIF loading animation”:

Tags are the main reason I’m there. I purposely thought of every input possible and set my tags to the most common inputs I thought I buyer would type.

My 5 tags, which are Loading, Animation, Gif, Animated, Logo, can form a lot of searches. For example, my 5 tags can form those phrases: GIF, Loading GIF, Animated logo GIF, Animated GIF, Loading Animation, Logo animation GIF.

The search algorithm is NOT based on SEO, and any SEO will not affect your gig’s rank. At least, that’s what I think. If I’m wrong, here is how to improve SEO. If you use tags that people will never type in the search bar, you aren’t gonna get in front.

Click me for SEO stuff:

Make sure your tags are what people will search in the search bar. Then:

1. Use tags all separated, no two words in one tag. Try to use synonyms instead of 2-worded tags. This is what I use:

screenshot_418

2. Use your tags in your title:

screenshot_419

3. Use more of your tags in your description, without making them way too many (I tried my best to add as many tags as possible without making it too much):

Once you edit a gig, it may disappear from the search for about 24 hours, but you have a chance to get it in front of other gigs once it appears again. If your gig becomes viral (receives a lot of orders), NEVER edit your gig, as it may go back in the search results page.

The most important step: BE ACTIVE!

Once you update your gig, as CS recommended, I really doubt that it will immediately go in front of others. I think the only solution is more activity from us, the sellers. If you got demoted, I recommend you to actively start using buyer requests.

One more thing which may help is nice test results. Take the tests you can, so you get more attention.

ATTENTION! None of this guarantees you coming back from hell to heaven. You should be really active in order to do so. You should be doing everything you possibly could think of to correct your gigs, including correcting your gig’s spelling, grammar, using buyer requests, sharing your gig somewhere, where the audience might be interested, and so on.

@nikavoice, @misscrystal, @sarikaverma007, @bodmas, @sameed_webdev, @fittranslate, @toner2d, @oyinstudio, @cyaxrex, @eoinfinnegan, and all others which I didn’t mention, Thank you all of sharing info with me! I think it would have been impossible without you. Thanks for the votes in the poll too! I learned from your experiences to create this giant conclusion. Here are the results from the poll:

I already know there are a lot of mistakes, this is such a big post that I can’t make sure everything is correct. I will appreciate if you tell me if you spot something! Please, give a like for my hard work, I wanna see your support! ❤️

The search algorithm is NOT based on SEO, and any SEO will not affect your gig’s rank.

And then this is false?

The search algorithm is NOT based on SEO, and any SEO will not affect your gig’s rank.

And then this is false?

That sentence doesn’t make sense. Do you know what seo is? You can’t really optimize your gigs for seo in general since we can’t see what they are using or looking for.

SEO is what people do to try to make their gigs rank well.

That sentence doesn’t make sense. Do you know what seo is? You can’t really optimize your gigs for seo in general since we can’t see what they are using or looking for.

SEO is what people do to try to make their gigs rank well.

If they are using keywords (tags), then as many as you have in you gig’s description and title, as better rank your gig will have. Right?

If they are using keywords (tags), then as many as you have in you gig’s description and title, as better rank your gig will have. Right?

That is not how SEO works usually. It isn’t that simple.

Do you see top listed gigs packed with the same keyword over and over? No.

Then how? That’s what I know about SEO, and I think it’s the main thing (not in Fiverr):

That is not how SEO works usually. It isn’t that simple.

This is why I think that Fiverr search algorithm is not based on SEO.

Then how? That’s what I know about SEO, and I think it’s the main thing (not in Fiverr):

I’m not getting into SEO theory here. And it’s just theories. Fiverr has it obscured well.

SEO is not about packing in keywords. Maybe 20 years ago it was but not now.

Can anyone please recommend under which category should i place my animation gig? Character animation or whiteboard and explainer video? I got alot of orders from character animation category though

You should never put your gig in the wrong category. If your gig is about Character animation, then this is where you should put it, wether there ia a lot of competition there or not.

Can anyone please recommend under which category should i place my animation gig? Character animation or whiteboard and explainer video? I got alot of orders from character animation category though

For now, I think the best way to get better rank in Fiverr is buyer requests. I have sent 131 and 4 people contacted back, however I think Fiverr noticed my activity and put me infront of others. (My main theory)

Archived