(Poll) How many orders did you get from the forum?

mariashtelle1

poll  

278 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I DIDN’t advertise my gig but I got 10+ orders from the forum
    • I ADVERTISED my gig on the forum and didn’t get any orders
    • I ADVERTISED my gig on the forum and got 1-10 orders
    • I ADVERTISED my gig on the forum and got 10+ orders
    • I never got orders from the forum
    • I DIDN’t advertise my gig but I got 1-10 orders from the forum

It’s become almost unbearable for me here lately. Not only doesn’t anyone follow my advice but I get crude insults for trying to steer new sellers away from getting their accounts banned. The level of sheer incomprehension, combined with misunderstanding the motives and reasons I’m explaining something, combined probably with the fact that a female is doing it, makes for a punishing experience.

This thread is one of many examples of nobody new getting the message here. I hope others don’t spend time trying to explain things like I’ve done.

It’s become almost unbearable for me here lately. Not only doesn’t anyone follow my advice but I get crude insults for trying to steer new sellers away from getting their accounts banned. The level of sheer incomprehension, combined with misunderstanding the motives and reasons I’m explaining something, combined probably with the fact that a female is doing it, makes for a punishing experience.

To be honest, the old writing forum I was on became so toxic that I left, and staying here for just a week has shown me that this forum is far more toxic than that one. I’m tempted to leave again every single day.

Edit: Another thing I noticed when I just got here is that the regulars are actually really cold towards you if you ask for advice, even if you do it in the right place. Only when you prove to be reasonable and willing to listen does it become a little warmer here.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also we have an other problem here on the forum that we see many repeated replies with “thank you” so we need scrolling and scrolling to find useful comment.

Those people can click on ❤️ button in place of replying with “thank you.”

From posting on other forums, Q&A sites etc, I have had a good number of orders

Hello, I’d like to know the forum where you post your Gig and I’d like to expand my sales

I think you can help me, thanks

We don’t work in the same type of business at all so what works for me wouldn’t work for you. That said, I am not going to share the places I use here anyway, as the last time I did that, there was so much spam posted on one of the sites that all Fiverr links were banned from the site!

Go and research, spend the time looking to find where your target clients are and create good, informative content which shows your expertise in the service you offer. That’s how to make use of forums.

By the way, I have never posted a link to my gigs in any content I have created. I have never spammed social media or send “buy my gig” messages to people. When you show your expertise, people who need your expertise will find how to buy your services by going to your profile on whatever site.

By the way, I have never posted a link to my gigs in any content I have created. I have never spammed social media or send “buy my gig” messages to people. When you show your expertise, people who need your expertise will find how to buy your services by going to your profile on whatever site.

BRVO! BRAVO! 👏

To be honest, the old writing forum I was on became so toxic that I left, and staying here for just a week has shown me that this forum is far more toxic than that one. I’m tempted to leave again every single day.

It uses to be more fun here. But it seems that the new sellers who refuse to use the 🔍 search feature and ask the same question over and over and over has driven many of the users away. That is why I delete 95% of the threads each day.

Even in this thread, you see the new sellers who are asking how to get orders instead of searching for answers.That is where the frustration of the regulars comes from and I guess it shows.

Also we have an other problem here on the forum that we see many repeated replies with “thank you” so we need scrolling and scrolling to find useful comment.

Those people can click on ❤️ button in place of replying with “thank you.”

So true! A BRAVO! to you for pointing that out. It is part of the reason why people that used to come here do not anymore. That and many of the fun ones got banned.

Edit: Another thing I noticed when I just got here is that the regulars are actually really cold towards you if you ask for advice, even if you do it in the right place. Only when you prove to be reasonable and willing to listen does it become a little warmer here.

Another thing I noticed when I just got here is that the regulars are actually really cold towards you if you ask for advice, even if you do it in the right place. Only when you prove to be reasonable and willing to listen does it become a little warmer here.

That’s true. But after being here for some time now, I get why some regulars act like that. I mean, imagine seeing the same old threads popping up, again and again, every single day. “Why I don’t get orders? What’s wrong with my gig? Why did I get a warning? How can I stay online 24/7?” and so on. It’s quite frustrating, to be honest.

That said, I also don’t endorse “rude” comments. I think that if we don’t have something valuable to add, it’s best to just don’t reply at all. Why waste your time doing it? But anyway, that’s just me, and people are allowed to deal with that in their own way.

Btw, I quite like the idea behind this thread. Although I don’t think it will stop people from spreading the rumor that being active on the forum will bring them sales 😓

If not for cold answers there would be none, aside from the new sellers saying to use tricks. It doesn’t do any good usually to give an answer. It doesn’t help. It’s not appreciated either. At least from women. Smart experienced sellers mostly avoid giving any answers to new sellers.

If not for cold answers there would be none, aside from the new sellers saying to use tricks. It doesn’t do any good usually to give an answer. It doesn’t help. It’s not appreciated either. At least from women. Smart experienced sellers mostly avoid giving any answers to new sellers.

It’s not appreciated either. At least from women.

Are you saying advice given by women is not take as seriously? :thinking:

It’s not appreciated either. At least from women.

Are you saying advice given by women is not take as seriously? :thinking:

Yes in many cases when it’s a new seller. I think it has to do with the culture. Advice from women is ignored. And in other cases when it’s an experienced seller too. If you are in that type of culture all your life. Women don’t give men advice.

Another thing I noticed when I just got here is that the regulars are actually really cold towards you if you ask for advice, even if you do it in the right place. Only when you prove to be reasonable and willing to listen does it become a little warmer here.

I think there is a difference between a question like

How can I get orders?

and things like

My buyer is threatening to cancel, what do I do?

The first is not really a question with an answer that can be given easily. Let’s forget all the typical Mek-Sell advice such as spam twitter, hav gud tittle an deskripshun and look at what it takes to give valuable advice to someone that may result in them getting orders.

Researching their niche, finding out how they deliver their service, who to target, where to target them, how to make an attractive gig etc - I have spent time giving that type of advice to people either through Guides or individually. With a small handful of exceptions, the advice is never followed by those who ask that question and are linked to guides. If you don’t show them where the Sells Button is so they can click it and get sells, then they don’t want to know.

The bottom line is that anyone who answers those questions for people will have then spent more time and effort on that person’s career than the person themselves. That’s a nonsense situation. People being cold to the nonsense questions is a sensible approach as it would be time wasted.

When someone can show they have made an effort and come up with specific questions about how to do one aspect of things, then there is a core group and wider community that jumps on and offers excellent advice. This also applies to problems and issues people have, whether personal or professional. That to me is a properly functioning community forum. People giving their time to people who don’t value it is not the way things should ever be.

How can I get orders?

and things like

The first is not really a question with an answer that can be given easily. Let’s forget all the typical Mek-Sell advice such as spam twitter, hav gud tittle an deskripshun and look at what it takes to give valuable advice to someone that may result in them getting orders.

Researching their niche, finding out how they deliver their service, who to target, where to target them, how to make an attractive gig etc - I have spent time giving that type of advice to people either through Guides or individually. With a small handful of exceptions, the advice is never followed by those who ask that question and are linked to guides. If you don’t show them where the Sells Button is so they can click it and get sells, then they don’t want to know.

The bottom line is that anyone who answers those questions for people will have then spent more time and effort on that person’s career than the person themselves. That’s a nonsense situation. People being cold to the nonsense questions is a sensible approach as it would be time wasted.

When someone can show they have made an effort and come up with specific questions about how to do one aspect of things, then there is a core group and wider community that jumps on and offers excellent advice. This also applies to problems and issues people have, whether personal or professional. That to me is a properly functioning community forum. People giving their time to people who don’t value it is not the way things should ever be.

The bottom line is that anyone who answers those questions for people will have then spent more time and effort on that person’s career than the person themselves.

That statement reminds me of the thread @frank_d started and offered to critique gigs for sellers IF they had at least 10 (or was it 5?) sales. There was a plethora of Mek Sells asking for Frank’s help that did not even have one sale!

A BRAVO! 👏 for your post to, Eoin!

To be honest, people who ask for advice rarely want advice. They’ll debate you forever on whether it’s okay to try and sell services they’re objectively bad at, use the work that isn’t their own for promo purposes, etc., etc. because they want their gig to sell immediately, just as they set it up, with minimal effort.

When you try to share your own experience and give advice based on that, it’s “lol, you bought your reviews and fiverr promotes you”. Or you get blamed for deliberately trying to discourage new sellers from using those dated 5 golden tips (stay online 24/7, spam social media, etc.) to destroy your competition.

How can I get orders?

and things like

People giving their time to people who don’t value it is not the way things should ever be.

As usual you clearly described the situation as it is.

Yeah, sorry about that. I’ll admit that I copy/paste responses to duplicate questions. It’s why I wrote that help thread, so I could stop repeating myself so much. This last month especially has been particularly tough. If it helps, you did make a good first impression on me.

I used an analogy in another thread that the forum is like a school where the classrooms are treated as playgrounds. It’s hard to help anyone properly when adults act like sugar-rushed kindergartners that can’t sit still and read for 15 minutes.

“You never get a second chance to make a good first impression.”

Hello, I’d like to know the forum where you post your Gig and I’d like to expand my sales

I think you can help me, thanks

I hope @eoinfinnegan doesn’t tell you because I’m sure you’d just spam that platform.

If you get sales in any discussion place, it’s because you shared insights and people gleaned from those insights that you are skilled and would be a good fit for what they’re looking for. It’s NOT because a seller “posted their gig.” No one would get a sale doing that and no reputable seller goes around posting their gig link everywhere or anywhere.

Even though I didn’t get orders ( maybe 3 or so?) from the forum myself, I DID
buy a gig from this certain seller because I saw that seller here.
I think up to a certain point the forum can be a good place for exposure.

What I DID get is though, are tons of spam messages telling me
“Hey! I saw you on the forum! Give me a job! How do I get sales?”
that sort of stuff… 😅

It’s not possible to know accurately. I’m sure I’ve gotten some and not known they saw me on the forum but I know of at least 3 or 4.

So true, I have no idea myself. I don’t think I’ve ever received a message in the last 7 years such as, “hey saw you on the forum want to work on my project?” But again I don’t advertise my gigs here. It’s possible, but I’m not aware of it. It would be cool if Fiverr could track that, and maybe share on the order page or inbox some blip of info that person came straight from the forum to make a purchase.

Archived