What is your folder structure for client order work process?

nionkhan2020

Question

How do you manage your folder structure for client order work process?

For example, you have three gigs. Now you have an order from this gig "A". Then you start the work, how do you do the folder structure? Do according to gig/client name? First gig then the name of the client?

GIG = A, Client = C

Folder option:
A > C > Expected folder

You can share your ideas.

Suggest which process would be best

• Like 4

3 answers to this question

18 hours ago, nionkhan2020 said:

Suggest which process would be best

........process that you can keep in mind and which is more convenient for you.

Everyone is coming here from different fields, so answers may vary from person to person. For example, I am from a 3D field and all my projects are very unique from one another. In some projects, I need to create a 3D door, in others a Vacuum Cleaner, a Laundry Jug, or a Sci-fi Drone. So, even if I just write the project name in the folder name, that would be more than enough for me to browse my project folders effectively (since every project name is different and unique).

But, for instance, if someone has a writing and translation gig, it may be hard for them to define a 'project name' for each order. So, writing the client's name in the folder name may be more convenient -- or including the order ID as well (to help in searching).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, globalartstudio said:

I organized my clients folder like

Fiverr > Year (2024) > Month (April) > Clients name (John Doe) 

Hi globalartstudio, Thanks for share your idea. Yes, It's important to keep date, I was doing same while I was in job.

• Like 4