Success Score Affecting Visibility in Search

Hello everyone,

This week, my success score suddenly decreased to 6 with a new label (Effective Communication - Room for Growth). My response rate is 100%, I always respond to all messages both in the inbox and order page. Since the decrease, my impressions went down from the usual 1k-2k to around 650-ish. Is a lower success score affecting my visibility in search? 

ss.PNG

• Like 15

1 hour ago, digifel said:

my success score suddenly decreased to 6

I am just curious to know, what was your success score before? Do you mind sharing? Did your success score directly drop from 10 to 6? I just want to know if Fiverr can reduce your success score significantly or if it always decreases by just 1 number.

1 hour ago, digifel said:

Is a lower success score affecting my visibility in search?

Yes, of course, it does! Success Score only goes down if your performance is less (in any aspect), and definitely, it would affect your visibility and impressions. That's the reason it's there in the system!

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2024 at 12:17 PM, rawque_gulia said:

I am just curious to know, what was your success score before? Do you mind sharing? Did your success score directly drop from 10 to 6? I just want to know if Fiverr can reduce your success score significantly or if it always decreases by just 1 number.

On March 14th when they started applying this new score system, my score was 9, then a week later it dropped to 8 because of a cancellation, a buyer mistakenly ordered my gig without contacting me. 3 weeks later, it dropped to 7 without any explanation, during that time I completed 4 orders all with positive reviews. It suddenly dropped to 6 on 13th April and since then, my impressions and clicks dropped. I didn't receive any messages from new buyers for almost two weeks, only from existing clients. I just started receiving messages from a new buyer 4 days ago. I used my friends' phones to check my visibility on the search page, and I'm on page 7 or 8. Before the new system, my gig appeared on page 2, with impressions at 2k-3k. I haven't had any cancellations in April, the cancellation is from March. 

From what I've read in the article, our score decreases because the score is compared daily with the other sellers. That means the score might increase when the other sellers' received low rating on average. So we get demoted because other sellers are performing better? How can I compete as a solo artist with a small design studio with employees? 

I have no idea how many more orders I need to complete before it starts to increase again. Since they implemented Success Score, I have completed 8 orders and received 6 reviews with 5 stars. How can I increase it if the score decreases my visibility on the search page? No new potential buyer can find me, unique clients (new buyers) are also taken into consideration in the scoring system. And how long will the cancellation be calculated, is it 6 months? 2 years?

I understand this new system is not going away, I just wish it gets a better update and more transparency going forward. 

Edited by digifel
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

On 4/28/2024 at 8:15 AM, digifel said:

Is a lower success score affecting my visibility in search? 

Definitely yes! 

When you have good success score it means you are having quality deliveries and outstanding performance on the platform, and it will affect your visibility and I think it is a good metric as low-quality services should not be on the top of the page.

When your success score drops it means you are having some negative points in your account like: Order cancellation, communication or ...

From my personal experience in one day due to low rating my gig went to 7th page last row from the first row of the first page and my success score dropped to 5.

In the last 2 weeks I was able to recover my account from that point and my success score is increasing and the same the visibility of my gig is coming up in the page.

• Like 11

Yes, the success score is very frustrating. I have had nothing but great feedback from clients and all 5 star reviews. But, for reasons I'm completely in the dark about, my success score is a 6.  Since it was dropped to a 6, I've had zero inquiries.  So, it's going to be near impossible to improve my score without new gigs. It's a catch 22 that I think is completely unfair.  By pitting sellers against each other, they are inevitably creating a system where the "top" sellers will sell more and more, and others will be cast aside even though they have had fantastic reviews and happy clients. It's a flawed system for sure.  

• Like 11

On 4/29/2024 at 7:17 PM, momaidi said:

From my personal experience in one day due to low rating my gig went to 7th page last row from the first row of the first page and my success score dropped to 5.

In the last 2 weeks I was able to recover my account from that point and my success score is increasing and the same the visibility of my gig is coming up in the page.

How do you get people to discover you in the search page when your score dropped to 5? Because to recover, we need people to inquire us for order, the problem is there are no new messages in my inbox. 

• Like 8