(Poll) How many orders did you get from the forum?

mariashtelle1

poll  

278 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I DIDN’t advertise my gig but I got 10+ orders from the forum
    • I ADVERTISED my gig on the forum and didn’t get any orders
    • I ADVERTISED my gig on the forum and got 1-10 orders
    • I ADVERTISED my gig on the forum and got 10+ orders
    • I never got orders from the forum
    • I DIDN’t advertise my gig but I got 1-10 orders from the forum

Hello, I’d like to know the forum where you post your Gig and I’d like to expand my sales

I think you can help me, thanks

Zhao, you post your Gigs under the

“My Fiverr Gigs” category

If you want others to critique your gigs and give you some pointers where you can improve your gigs post your Gig link under the

“Improve My Gig” category.

Not a good idea to hijack a thread though - this is a thread about a poll.

GG

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a waste of time trying to explain things to new sellers here for the most part. I finally have realized that, I’m kind of slow.

If some new sellers are here in this thread posting links to their gigs it’s a sign that they are hopelessly confused. No amount of trying to explain will help.

I wouldn’t know that. It’s not like buyers roll in and say: “Hey, I came from the forum”. I worked with a few sellers I met on the forum, though, who came in and decided to buy my services. But they are sellers first, buyers second.

Regarding the entire topic, I guess it explains a barrage of nonsensical, poorly written advice posts about “treating buyers like kings” and whatnot.

Most of the buyers’ posts I see here are complaints that will occasionally get spammed with: “Yes, those sellers are BAD, but I’m GOOD even though I provide completely different services, hire me!” I’m not sure tactics like this can lead to a successful sale.

Just like “be online 24/7!!!”, “be on the first page!!!”, etc. it’s one of those statements certain individuals take as gospel and just repeat it over and over until, I guess, it magically starts working for them (it probably won’t).

PS I did get constant begging for work and a few lucrative marriage proposals from becoming active on the forum. 🙂 I never tried to advertise my gig here.

I used My Gigs once but didn’t get much out of it – not that I expected it. Usually, the advertisement section of a forums is rarely visited by the people looking for what posters offer.

To be fair, I’ve only had three orders in the 3.5 months I’ve been here, and I’ve only been on the forums for a week. The first was a friend, the second someone I brought over here myself, and the third someone who found me through Fiverr.

It’s become almost unbearable for me here lately. Not only doesn’t anyone follow my advice but I get crude insults for trying to steer new sellers away from getting their accounts banned. The level of sheer incomprehension, combined with misunderstanding the motives and reasons I’m explaining something, combined probably with the fact that a female is doing it, makes for a punishing experience.

This thread is one of many examples of nobody new getting the message here. I hope others don’t spend time trying to explain things like I’ve done.

I have posted thousands of times, written guides etc. on the forum. I have had MAYBE 3-4 orders from those, total being approx $50.

From posting on other forums, Q&A sites etc, I have had a good number of orders which would have been $100+ each. Fiverr Forum is not worth spending time on if you want orders.

From posting on other forums, Q&A sites etc, I have had a good number of orders

Hello, I’d like to know the forum where you post your Gig and I’d like to expand my sales

I think you can help me, thanks

We don’t work in the same type of business at all so what works for me wouldn’t work for you. That said, I am not going to share the places I use here anyway, as the last time I did that, there was so much spam posted on one of the sites that all Fiverr links were banned from the site!

Go and research, spend the time looking to find where your target clients are and create good, informative content which shows your expertise in the service you offer. That’s how to make use of forums.

By the way, I have never posted a link to my gigs in any content I have created. I have never spammed social media or send “buy my gig” messages to people. When you show your expertise, people who need your expertise will find how to buy your services by going to your profile on whatever site.

I don’t think that fiverr forum works the same way for buyers as it does for the sellers. You will see most of the posts here that were posted by new sellers who are trying to make a sale. The topics here are mostly about why they (new sellers) are not able to make a sale… asking questions about what’s wrong with their gigs…any issue on the fiverr site (like a bug)… None of those would concern a buyer and you won’t a see a post like “Where can i find a good content writer?” or like “Does anybody know a good designer?” either.

For the sellers who do say they got a sale from this forum, you would see that they have quite a number of orders already or they are a top rated seller. So you would have to post very frequently and stand out from other sellers as well in order to make a sale here.

The fiverr.com site itself offers a very easy way to find a good service/seller so I don’t think buyers bother with looking for sellers on the forum

Not only do sellers not get orders from the forum but they also don’t get promoted to the next level or to top rated seller by posting on the forum.

The one reason for new sellers to be here is to learn things you didn’t know. And I do not mean tricks like being online 24/7.

There is no logical reason why buyers would come to these forums at all, really. If you want to buy something, you walk in the store or load up a shopping website. You don’t go to somewhere else when the shop is right in front of you. Same thing with Fiverr. You want to buy XYZ service, you just search for XYZ service from the front page and pick one. For buyers, what would be the point of coming to the forum first?

Archived