Take a Test, Earn Trust!

mjensen415

I really love and admire this feature fiverr team.

I think this should be more visible(like near the top) so that buyer first sees the competence of a seller and then decides who is the right choice.

I think the problem is that:

1. The tests are outdated and they also don’t have tests for all subjects and software. There are other issues with the tests.
  2. There are errors in various tests (eg. some questions have duplicate wrong answers as options with no right answer shown. Some tests have questions that are about images but the image isn’t shown).
  3. The tests don’t test the whole “system”. ie. with a seller buying a gig from a seller, the seller will have access to everything available to them (eg. software, maybe with a spell checker, online research etc.), whereas the tests only allow the users themselves to be tested, without the software etc. they have.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you didn’t get 70% or more it wont show.

I passed that test. It’s supposed to show the option of whether to show on the profile on all tests that you pass (where the score is >=60% ie. >=6 out of 10). When I used Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer the option appeared and I was able to turn off the display of that test’s results. So the issue is with Fiverr’s incompatibility with Internet Explorer (the option doesn’t appear with Internet Explorer, at least for that test when there were 11 topics in the test, but it did appear when using Google Chrome).

The English tests are also very 25 years ago. Writing styles are subjective ie: where to place a comma etc. I have taken 4 years of post secondary school, and not one professor was too worried about where commas were placed - unless it’s absolutely wrong - like “We walked, to the store today.” No need for a comma - but I write, like I talk, and that involves many pauses lol. Obviously in formal writing, you need to use more standard “old shcool” grammar - but for the most part, times have changed.

They need better, more current - up to date tests…

The social media marketing test is also ridiculous. Questions like - when you search google for “bookmarking: website” in quotations, what shows up? It matters not realistically… there’s at least 5 questions like that in it. It has no bearing on how I market, and use social media.

I passed that test. It’s supposed to show the option of whether to show on the profile on all tests that you pass (where the score is >=60% ie. >=6 out of 10). When I used Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer the option appeared and I was able to turn off the display of that test’s results. So the issue is with Fiverr’s incompatibility with Internet Explorer (the option doesn’t appear with Internet Explorer, at least for that test when there were 11 topics in the test, but it did appear when using Google Chrome).

I heard it was 70%. Are you sure it’s 60%?

Yes, you can pass if you get 6 out 10. See people’s test scores.

The test instructions say “•In order to pass, you will need to answer at least 60% of the questions correctly.”

Yes, I know you pass with 60% - but I heard a pass without at least 70% doesn’t have the option to appear on your profile… so that indicates fiverr IS taking notes of the higher/lower tests scores - or scores in general.

My mistake - the test mark will show - but you can’t hide your percentage. so if you’re okay with people seeing the percentage you should be able to click “show on profile option” - if not, you won’t have the green tick beside it on your list of skills.

You go to “Take a test” tests completed should be listed, then “show in profile”…

Yes, I know you pass with 60% - but I heard a pass without at least 70% doesn’t have the option to appear on your profile… so that indicates fiverr IS taking notes of the higher/lower tests scores - or scores in general.

My mistake - the test mark will show - but you can’t hide your percentage. so if you’re okay with people seeing the percentage you should be able to click “show on profile option” - if not, you won’t have the green tick beside it on your list of skills.

You go to “Take a test” tests completed should be listed, then “show in profile”…

No, with at least 60% (6 out of 10) the option always appears to show it on the profile if you use Google Chrome as the browser when selecting that test to set the option. It seems to also work on Internet Explorer with most tests except those with 11 topics I think.

See attachment for test with 6 out of 10 with option to show on profile (this was using Google Chrome):

Summary

skill-test-6-out-of-10.png.5c2a3e3b71031c12039743dc4361dbac.png

No, with at least 60% (6 out of 10) the option always appears to show it on the profile if you use Google Chrome as the browser when selecting that test to set the option. It seems to also work on Internet Explorer with most tests except those with 11 topics I think.

See attachment for test with 6 out of 10 with option to show on profile (this was using Google Chrome):

Summary

So when you go to the “take a test” and click “show in profile” it doesn’t? You need to click the show on profile option - it’s grayed out.

So when you go to the “take a test” and click “show in profile” it doesn’t? You need to click the show on profile option - it’s grayed out.

That’s one I purposely turned off the display of on the profile. The option for that doesn’t show at all in Internet Explorer (that one had 11 topics which is probably why).

but you can’t hide your percentage

Though what you can do is leave the “Skill” that Fiver creates on the profile and select the option not to show the test on the profile.

eg. If you do the “Adobe After Effects” test and pass, Fiver will add “Adobe After Effects” as one of your skills (I think if It’s not already there) and put a green tick next to it to say it’s been confirmed (by the test). But you can select not to show the test result on your profile (if you don’t think the score is high enough or the score on one of the topics within the test) but the “Adobe After Effects” skill, with the green tick will still show (unless you delete that skill).

The English tests are also very 25 years ago. Writing styles are subjective ie: where to place a comma etc. I have taken 4 years of post secondary school, and not one professor was too worried about where commas were placed - unless it’s absolutely wrong - like “We walked, to the store today.” No need for a comma - but I write, like I talk, and that involves many pauses lol. Obviously in formal writing, you need to use more standard “old shcool” grammar - but for the most part, times have changed.

They need better, more current - up to date tests…

The social media marketing test is also ridiculous. Questions like - when you search google for “bookmarking: website” in quotations, what shows up? It matters not realistically… there’s at least 5 questions like that in it. It has no bearing on how I market, and use social media.

If the test asks where to place a comma I wouldn’t be able to answer that. But I don’t have gigs that involve grammar.

When you take a test the second time after failing the first time are the questions and test the exact same thing? Same questions as before?

Have people noticed their rank dropping from taking the test? Or going up?

When you take a test the second time after failing the first time are the questions and test the exact same thing? Same questions as before?

No! It would be too easy 😉

I have read that Expert Rating has between 100 and 150 questions for each test.

I have seen some sellers with 62%.

some questions have duplicate wrong answers as options with no right answer shown

It happened to me 3 or 4 times. It always happened on the first question but not on every tests.

If I thought I could pass the basic English test I might try it.

I have passed it and I am in the Top 10%… You will pass the test if you try it!

No! It would be too easy 😉

I have read that Expert Rating has between 100 and 150 questions for each test.

I have seen some sellers with 62%.

some questions have duplicate wrong answers as options with no right answer shown

It happened to me 3 or 4 times. It always happened on the first question but not on every tests.

If I thought I could pass the basic English test I might try it.

I have passed it and I am in the Top 10%… You will pass the test if you try it!

Right it shows, but you can’t hide the test score and just have the green tick beside “skills” if you score under 70%.

Right it shows, but you can’t hide the test score and just have the green tick beside “skills” if you score under 70%.

but you can’t hide the test score and just have the green tick beside “skills” if you score under 70%.

I scored 6.3 on one test and I selected not to show the test result for that test but it still shows the skill for the subject of that test in the Skills section with a green tick next to that skill.

but you can’t hide the test score and just have the green tick beside “skills” if you score under 70%.

I scored 6.3 on one test and I selected not to show the test result for that test but it still shows the skill for the subject of that test in the Skills section with a green tick next to that skill.

Oh weird… can you screen shot?

@mjensen415

I have already noticed some problems with the French/English translation tests.

I have just tried to pass the Social Media Marketing Test and found a new problem on the first question:

BRAND%20MANAGEMENT

Answers 3 and 4 are the same. None of the answers are correct!

I made a screenshot of the page to send it to CS at the end of the test. Then, I was unable to continue the test. And it’s written that I have failed this test.

failed

scoresmo

😫

EDIT:

I have just passed the Online Marketing test and had the same issue with a question:

I’ve also noticed the duplicate choices, as well as grammatical issues. These need a better proofreader for sure.

I just take time to do Photoshop test.

Photoshop user for almost 15 years but the test is quite challenging for artist like me who only use specific tools for digital illustration.

Glad, I passed it and in the top 10%.

Happy to see the the green tick at my skills section.

I just take time to do Photoshop test.

Photoshop user for almost 15 years but the test is quite challenging for artist like me who only use specific tools for digital illustration.

Glad, I passed it and in the top 10%.

Happy to see the the green tick at my skills section.

i agree … I passed as well in top 10% illustrator score 7/10

Guest digitalvalve

I am so happy… I have passed a test for “Customer Service” . This is what happen when you are feeling and thingking like a customer 😀

I think there should be some kind of skill tests on fiverr like other freelancer websites. It will create differentiation between quality sellers and low skill sellers who create price wars and spoil experience of buyers. As In my opinion they do not have much knowledge therefore they keep trying and when they are not able to get orders they create low price gigs, moreover their gig discription is also copy of some high selling gig’s discription. Like the post if you are in support of this.

Suggestion Done:hugs:

I think so! Thank you @djwaruna for sharing your nice opinion

Archived