Take a Test, Earn Trust!

mjensen415

Yes, but like I said they shouldn’t require the user to have spend vast amounts on software to be able to pass/get a good score on some of the tests unnecessarily.

I assume they do have some deal with them.

Though what Fiverr could do, is create their own tests, maybe in addition to the ones from the site they use. This would allow them to be more up to date and also to have tests for topics that don’t need the expensive software to pass as well as new topics. It would also be cheaper for Fiverr once they’re created if they’re paying for the service. They could have some Fiverr sellers/staff come up with sets of questions and answers for them. Also, I assume they could use a lot of the same code they’re already using for the current tests. They could also profit from those tests by allowing other sites to use them.

They cannot create their own tests. There are so so so many categories and these are active categories so questions needs to be updated every 1-2 month or even soon depending upon category. And on the other hand side, finding experts for all of those categories is okay but getting all answers Correct from one expert in one category… That is pain in (blah).

It will increase the manual work on the weekly or Daily basis and that is what they ate trying to do.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They cannot create their own tests. There are so so so many categories and these are active categories so questions needs to be updated every 1-2 month or even soon depending upon category. And on the other hand side, finding experts for all of those categories is okay but getting all answers Correct from one expert in one category… That is pain in (blah).

It will increase the manual work on the weekly or Daily basis and that is what they ate trying to do.

There are so so so many categories and these are active categories so questions needs to be updated every 1-2 month or even soon depending upon category.

But the current questions/topics are years out of date so even if the new tests were even a few months out date they’d be more up to date than the current tests. And if other sites wanted more up-to-dates than the current provider of the tests, that means Fiverr could be earning money from creating/updating their own tests. They also don’t need to create every test at once. They can create a small number of additional tests and maybe also gradually replace the existing tests so they could have only Fiverr tests and profit from them too.

There are so so so many categories and these are active categories so questions needs to be updated every 1-2 month or even soon depending upon category.

But the current questions/topics are years out of date so even if the new tests were even a few months out date they’d be more up to date than the current tests. And if other sites wanted more up-to-dates than the current provider of the tests, that means Fiverr could be earning money from creating/updating their own tests. They also don’t need to create every test at once. They can create a small number of additional tests and maybe also gradually replace the existing tests so they could have only Fiverr tests and profit from them too.

Agreed. These current tests are so outdated. That is why I have 7 in Twitter Management Test. 😂 But let’s see what happens. Fiverr said 2019, will give us many surprises. But till today, I just have seen things that will onlu attract buyers. Do they forget that sellers are the part of this community? 😉

As a FCPX pro certified trainer of many years I can confirm the current test Fiverr is using is poor at best. It tests knowledge yet uses incorrect terminology and highly confusing question techniques.

I passed but not with 97% I get on the official apple tests, in fact wildly different.

I am interested to try a few more tests to get a feel if this is a properly implemented feature.

Tests which have incorrect answers are more than annoying.

I found the same. The tests I took were worded very awkwardly and fully of grammar errors.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Agreed. I happen to use some open-source softwares equivalent to Adobe products. I’d do fine on a “vector graphics” test, but I don’t know the nuances of Illustrator that would let me pass it. They’re too stuck on rather useless details to evaluate if you actually understand the heart of the subject matter. E.g. on the Powerpoint test, one of the questions basically asked, “what icon denotes [xyz tool]?” I don’t know! I don’t think it was even a very useful feature, but if it were, I most likely wouldn’t recognize it well enough to pick out its description on a multiple choice test.

I think the tests are a good idea, but they’re just not looking for the right things.

like affinity designer which a lot of people are moving over to.

shame we cant even supply that as a source file

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should make skills test for copyright/trademark law.

Though there’s no current Fiverr Skill Test for copyright there are some tests that have questions related to copyright.

eg.

• In the “Copywriter” test (which you’ve done) one of the categories it scores you on is “Copyright Issues” (though it’s not shown to others).
  • In the “Advertisement Writing” test there’s also results shown for “Copyright Issues”.
  • The “Content Writing” test also has “Copyright Issues” as one of the categories it shows results for.

Though I agree it would be good it there is a separate copyright/trademark test and the results of that could then be shown to buyers.

Guest ngtechandapps

Great idea. And also licensing principles. A lot of sellers need to know more about commercial use and resale, for example.

Yeah good point. I tried to order something for nonprofit use, and the seller argued that I needed to purchase a commercial use license for it, even though commercial use by legal definition must involve a for-profit endeavor.

Guest ngtechandapps

Though there’s no current Fiverr Skill Test for copyright there are some tests that have questions related to copyright.

eg.

• In the “Copywriter” test (which you’ve done) one of the categories it scores you on is “Copyright Issues” (though it’s not shown to others).
  • In the “Advertisement Writing” test there’s also results shown for “Copyright Issues”.
  • The “Content Writing” test also has “Copyright Issues” as one of the categories it shows results for.

Though I agree it would be good it there is a separate copyright/trademark test and the results of that could then be shown to buyers.

Yeah but the copywriter test wasn’t mostly copyright stuff. I can handle the legal part of copyright, but I don’t know all these details about “copywriting” as in writing materials. I think they should make a stand-alone test because there are a lot of sellers offering legal services, like me, that may not know everything about copywriting, but we know about copyrighting, trademark, patent, etc.

Yeah good point. I tried to order something for nonprofit use, and the seller argued that I needed to purchase a commercial use license for it, even though commercial use by legal definition must involve a for-profit endeavor.

That may still be considered commercial use, though, because it is in support of a business.

This is why it’s so important for sellers to explicitly explain their commercial use policy. If there are any loopholes, people can get away with things.

Archived