Take a Test, Earn Trust!

mjensen415

Guest ngtechandapps

That may still be considered commercial use, though, because it is in support of a business.

This is why it’s so important for sellers to explicitly explain their commercial use policy. If there are any loopholes, people can get away with things.

Well I was trying to get something made for an educational, free tutorial that I was posting on YouTube with no ad revenue or advertisements. Under standard law, this is not commercial use, but maybe the seller had a different policy. If they did, they should’ve explained it in their gig rather than just writing “commercial use”. Maybe write “publishing rights included” or “ip rights included” in their extra instead of commercial use if their commercial use definition is different from the standard definition that’s out there. Or Fiverr could place a definition into their TOS. The point is, sellers should be clear with their policies, or Fiverr should have a standard policy.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was trying to get something made for an educational, free tutorial that I was posting on YouTube with no ad revenue or advertisements. Under standard law, this is not commercial use, but maybe the seller had a different policy. If they did, they should’ve explained it in their gig rather than just writing “commercial use”. Maybe write “publishing rights included” or “ip rights included” in their extra instead of commercial use if their commercial use definition is different from the standard definition that’s out there. Or Fiverr could place a definition into their TOS. The point is, sellers should be clear with their policies, or Fiverr should have a standard policy.

Yeah exactly. There are variations. People have their own policies, which can make things tricky legally if it’s ambiguous.

Guest ngtechandapps

Yeah exactly. There are variations. People have their own policies, which can make things tricky legally if it’s ambiguous.

And they can’t really have a policy that they don’t tell you about. If they take you to court, arguing that you violated their commercial use policy and you say they never gave you any commercial use policy and you just followed legal standards, they don’t really have much to back them.

Although I doubt they would take you to court over a Fiverr order. 🙂

*Anyways this forum is for a different topic I’m going to stop replying.

And they can’t really have a policy that they don’t tell you about. If they take you to court, arguing that you violated their commercial use policy and you say they never gave you any commercial use policy and you just followed legal standards, they don’t really have much to back them.

Although I doubt they would take you to court over a Fiverr order. 🙂

*Anyways this forum is for a different topic I’m going to stop replying.

Very true and there’s a legal term for the ambiguity dissolving responsibility from the defendant. I can’t remember it.

But the reason I made this point is that Fiverr may disagree. I find this company has weird positions on things and may favor the side that’s in the wrong in a dispute for who-knows what reason.

• 2 weeks later...

If you take a test is there a way to remove the score from your profile afterwards?

There’s an option of whether to show it on the profile (if the test is passed), yes, so you can turn it off (if using Chrome). It doesn’t always work though 🙁 eg. it can show tests that a user has selected not to show, to people looking with a browser that isn’t logged in (they’re still working to fix it).

Well I did the customer service test - 8.8 - top 30%… I Guess ill retake it later I really believe I do a very good job with customer service. I’m not unhappy with my results. But I would have appreciated a 9 or 10 a bit more 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I took the test, passed with a 9.6/10, but for some reason it’s still not letting me publish my gig? Any insights?

What error/message is it showing? Is it in one of the categories which require you to pass a particular skills test?

What is the gig for and is it waiting for approval from CS?

Or do you mean it’s not letting you publish the test results?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived