Take a Test, Earn Trust!

mjensen415

You get 2 duplicated wrong answers and no correct answer when you take every test? Or are you assuming this is the case? Have you completed any tests and passed them?

If it does occur for every test you do you could create a support ticket for it.

You get 2 duplicated wrong answers and no correct answer when you take every test?

I have had this issue with 3 different tests and only have this problem with the first question. So, I think that it’s an error due to technical issues. I will try other tests soon and will use google chrome (I usually use firefox) because I know that CS will tell me to use Chrome!

I have noticed this issue only once in a test. So, if someone failed the test it’s not due to this error 😉

image referring to the instructions, being the first one, that there could be more than one correct answer

I have noticed questions with multiple answers (not in translation tests). When you can choose 2 or 3 answers the shape between the answer is not a round but a square. And sometines the questions are very clear to indicate that 2 or more answers are required. I.e : “which are the 2 reasons…” or "select the wrong answers

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one or more may be correct

The use of the word “may be” there makes the statement extra vague. You could also interpret the statement as stating their lack of confidence in the answer having one or more correct answers. Which could mean that the statement could also be interpreted as:

There may even be questions which don’t have one or more correct answers (meaning there might even be questions with zero correct answers).

That’s why I said that unfortunately there’s no option to choose “none are correct” for, using “may”, is the very basic of argumentum a contrario of a statement.

edit: the quote mentioned 2 people using 2 translation tests.That doesn’t mean it happens in every single test though.

As I said in my first comment, it won’t make me happy to confirm those comments through the English to Spanish translation test. And that’s why since I got the test available for me, I kept thinking about taking it and as I said, the more I think, the less I like!

And that’s why since I got the test available for me, I kept thinking about taking it and as I said, the more I think, the less I like!

You should take the english-spanish and spanish-english tests to differenciate you from the google translators and those who pretend to be native from 4 or 5 countries!

I haven’t spoken spanish during the last 20 years and passed the test! So, I am sure that you will have a very good score if you are a native.

I personaly think that every sellers who sell proofreading, translation and writing services should take translation or vocabulary tests to show that they master the language. That doesn’t prove that they are good at what they do, but it is more reassuring that showing no test score!

Many buyers also complain about logo or graphic sellers who have a really broken english. I am sure that a logo seller with a good score in vocabulary, grammar or other language tests would attract some clients who already had some issues due to the language.

But every seller has to decide what is best for him…

And that’s why since I got the test available for me, I kept thinking about taking it and as I said, the more I think, the less I like!

You should take the english-spanish and spanish-english tests to differenciate you from the google translators and those who pretend to be native from 4 or 5 countries!

I haven’t spoken spanish during the last 20 years and passed the test! So, I am sure that you will have a very good score if you are a native.

I personaly think that every sellers who sell proofreading, translation and writing services should take translation or vocabulary tests to show that they master the language. That doesn’t prove that they are good at what they do, but it is more reassuring that showing no test score!

Many buyers also complain about logo or graphic sellers who have a really broken english. I am sure that a logo seller with a good score in vocabulary, grammar or other language tests would attract some clients who already had some issues due to the language.

But every seller has to decide what is best for him…

Thanks for the advice! I’ll think about it! 😊

I’ll be giving it a little more time to see how these tests perform on the rest of the categories.

You can see the different tests here (previously posted):

http://www.expertratinginc.com/complete-test-list.aspx#a12

There’s an internet marketing test and other marketing tests. You can just search that page (eg. for “marketing”).

Ok, it’s the same tests used by UpWork, but I can’t see the test section in my profile… Seems to be rolling slowly, will wait and see!

Well, it has been reported on translations and here, on social media marketing and Pro’s failing to pass (but @cyaxrex didn’t mention the category). @fastcopywriter reported having issues and barely passed (I think it was) the copywrite test.

This is not serious and will only lead to complains and frustation for everybody.

Would it be OK for you to barely pass a test on what you’re an expert or a professional? For sure, it won’t be OK for me!

reported having issues and barely passed (I think it was) the copywrite test.

Yes, I got a 6.9 on the copywriting test, which is ridiculous for someone with over 10-years of experience as an advertising copywriter. Most of the questions had nothing to do with writing actual copy, headlines, slogans, e-mails, TV and radio commercials, or even the history of advertising.

You get 2 duplicated wrong answers and no correct answer when you take every test?

I have had this issue with 3 different tests and only have this problem with the first question. So, I think that it’s an error due to technical issues. I will try other tests soon and will use google chrome (I usually use firefox) because I know that CS will tell me to use Chrome!

I have noticed this issue only once in a test. So, if someone failed the test it’s not due to this error 😉

image referring to the instructions, being the first one, that there could be more than one correct answer

I have noticed questions with multiple answers (not in translation tests). When you can choose 2 or 3 answers the shape between the answer is not a round but a square. And sometines the questions are very clear to indicate that 2 or more answers are required. I.e : “which are the 2 reasons…” or "select the wrong answers

I am back to keep you informed.

I have tried with Google Chrome. Answers 3 and 4 were the same for the first question (none of these answers were correct).

I have sent a message to CS with screenshots.

So once the feature is rolled out to everyone (I don’t have it yet), will we only be able to take tests in the categories in which we have gigs, and if so, why can’t we do the tests in any of the categories where there are tests? That way it would help us decide whether to create a gig in a category we don’t currently have a gig in (it would help show which categories we are best at even if we don’t have a gig in those categories yet).

This is good opportunity seller can prove in their skill that he is expert in their service.

I’ve been looking at a few tests, you can click them to see what they are about and how long they take and saw ones ranging from 35 to 60 minutes.

When I went back to one that said 40 minutes which I wanted to take, I got an “errorld 301 test already taken” (don’t remember the number and exact wording but it was “errorld” and told me I’d already taken the test or ticket or something like that).

Just as a heads-up, if you first want to look at the test (not the actual question ofc but just to see if it relates to your skills and how long) and later come back to take it, you may be out of luck, just looking at the test syllabus and required/allowed time apparently either counts as “test taken” or it’s a bug. I’ll wait a few days and then try to remember which test it was to see if I can take it then, or not at all anymore in case of a bug.

To be clear, I’m aware that it says you only can take a test one time and then can take it again only after 24 (?) hours but I had not taken the test, not clicked the “Start Test” button, but only looked at what the test was about and how much time I need to reserve to take it.

I’ve been looking at a few tests, you can click them to see what they are about and how long they take and saw ones ranging from 35 to 60 minutes.

When I went back to one that said 40 minutes which I wanted to take, I got an “errorld 301 test already taken” (don’t remember the number and exact wording but it was “errorld” and told me I’d already taken the test or ticket or something like that).

Just as a heads-up, if you first want to look at the test (not the actual question ofc but just to see if it relates to your skills and how long) and later come back to take it, you may be out of luck, just looking at the test syllabus and required/allowed time apparently either counts as “test taken” or it’s a bug. I’ll wait a few days and then try to remember which test it was to see if I can take it then, or not at all anymore in case of a bug.

To be clear, I’m aware that it says you only can take a test one time and then can take it again only after 24 (?) hours but I had not taken the test, not clicked the “Start Test” button, but only looked at what the test was about and how much time I need to reserve to take it.

I spent 7 to 10 minutes on each test I took. The exception was the AP Style text, which was too long, I ended up quitting that one after 10 minutes. Fiverr gives you 40 minutes because some people really like to take their time, mark up questions for later, etc. Me? I’m in a hurry, always.

As for the AP Test, Fiverr needs to realize that we’re not taking the SAT’s here. There’s got to be a way to test proofreading ability without a test that takes a long time to complete.

So are the tests being enabled for users in a particular order? Does it depend on what categories someone has gigs in or what level they are (eg. are all people who have gigs in the writing/translation categories having the tests enabled first and/or those who are on the higher levels having the tests enabled first)?

Archived