Take a Test, Earn Trust!

mjensen415

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a FCPX pro certified trainer of many years I can confirm the current test Fiverr is using is poor at best. It tests knowledge yet uses incorrect terminology and highly confusing question techniques.

I passed but not with 97% I get on the official apple tests, in fact wildly different.

I am interested to try a few more tests to get a feel if this is a properly implemented feature.

Tests which have incorrect answers are more than annoying.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As we all foresaw, fiverr become more like its competitor freelancing site.

Next move I guess will be ‘bid’ or need to write proposal for an order? Let’s see

fiverr had a unique business module by which everyone likes and getting works on fiverr and that was i think a big success of fiverr… they differentiate fiverr from other freelancer sites but now gradually they are trying to copy other freelancer sites and make the same rules which is not good…

I agree. Fiverr was different which is why I decided to freelance here. I didn’t want to take a test and feel pressured into doing so as this creates another layer for me to spend time on to prove my worth. My work and my reviews are my proof that I am capable.

I understand it is optional but this is just another thing to spend time on when I could put my energy into a client. I can self teach myself or take a course elsewhere and actually earn a cert which I could use ANYWHERE besides here.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed this is the best opportunity for a seller to prove himself. Passing such test will enable the seller to be more confident about the service he/she is going to offer. Further, this is more appriciable because it is totally free. Some sites are charging for such tests. This proves the fiverr to be quite ahead of others. Thanks fiverr!

Of course, there are always bad apples out there that will try to scam and cheat the tests. There are precautions built into the test platform to help minimize those who would look to cheat the test. Clearly, there are ways around it, but then a seller would be violating our Terms of Service, thus compromising their account.

These tests are 100% free.

We are helpless for such issues as, “all locks and laws are for a gentleman”!😉

Indeed this is the best opportunity for a seller to prove himself. Passing such test will enable the seller to be more confident about the service he/she is going to offer. Further, this is more appriciable because it is totally free. Some sites are charging for such tests. This proves the fiverr to be quite ahead of others. Thanks fiverr!

Further, this is more appriciable because it is totally free. Some sites are charging for such tests.

While the tests are free, some of them ask questions where to answer them correctly you’d need to pay a lot for the software even where they could ask general questions or questions about low priced or open source software instead. eg. one test about a particular topic (not about any software) asks questions about matlab, which costs thousands of dollars to buy for commercial use, so you can’t get a very good score on the test without that high priced software. They also ask questions about Microsoft and Adobe software even where there are cheaper/no-cost alternatives.

So there should be questions related to cheaper or open source software in particular on a site like Fiverr where not everyone can afford high priced software.

Further, this is more appriciable because it is totally free. Some sites are charging for such tests.

While the tests are free, some of them ask questions where to answer them correctly you’d need to pay a lot for the software even where they could ask general questions or questions about low priced or open source software instead. eg. one test about a particular topic (not about any software) asks questions about matlab, which costs thousands of dollars to buy for commercial use, so you can’t get a very good score on the test without that high priced software. They also ask questions about Microsoft and Adobe software even where there are cheaper/no-cost alternatives.

So there should be questions related to cheaper or open source software in particular on a site like Fiverr where not everyone can afford high priced software.

Agreed. I happen to use some open-source softwares equivalent to Adobe products. I’d do fine on a “vector graphics” test, but I don’t know the nuances of Illustrator that would let me pass it. They’re too stuck on rather useless details to evaluate if you actually understand the heart of the subject matter. E.g. on the Powerpoint test, one of the questions basically asked, “what icon denotes [xyz tool]?” I don’t know! I don’t think it was even a very useful feature, but if it were, I most likely wouldn’t recognize it well enough to pick out its description on a multiple choice test.

I think the tests are a good idea, but they’re just not looking for the right things.

Do you know one thing?

Fiverr pays for each test that we take. Because expert rating charges $10 for each test and $5 for each re test.

Yes there is a possibility that Fiverr should’ve been into some contract with them.

That is really generous of Fiverr that we are doing the tests for free of cost.

Do you know one thing?

Fiverr pays for each test that we take. Because expert rating charges $10 for each test and $5 for each re test.

Yes there is a possibility that Fiverr should’ve been into some contract with them.

That is really generous of Fiverr that we are doing the tests for free of cost.

Yes, but like I said they shouldn’t require the user to have spend vast amounts on software to be able to pass/get a good score on some of the tests unnecessarily.

I assume they do have some deal with them.

Though what Fiverr could do, is create their own tests, maybe in addition to the ones from the site they use. This would allow them to be more up to date and also to have tests for topics that don’t need the expensive software to pass as well as new topics. It would also be cheaper for Fiverr once they’re created if they’re paying for the service. They could have some Fiverr sellers/staff come up with sets of questions and answers for them. Also, I assume they could use a lot of the same code they’re already using for the current tests. They could also profit from those tests by allowing other sites to use them.

Archived