Take a Test, Earn Trust!

mjensen415

Can’t wait for it to be rolled out in the other category. Will there be language tests? Like English proficiency? Sounds basic, but many sellers have problems in that department, and buyers would want to know.

Can’t wait for it to be rolled out in the other category. Will there be language tests? Like English proficiency? Sounds basic, but many sellers have problems in that department, and buyers would want to know.

Yes! So far I’ve taken (3) tests. I was bored so I decided to give it a shot!

• English Spelling
  • English Vocabulary (US)
  • English Language

Passed all (3) on the first try.

Also, you’ll get a warning if you try to navigate from the testing window.

FiverrProtectedTest.thumb.png.c678fe372c508e6b37d887300ef4431b.png

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! So far I’ve taken (3) tests. I was bored so I decided to give it a shot!

• English Spelling
  • English Vocabulary (US)
  • English Language

Passed all (3) on the first try.

Also, you’ll get a warning if you try to navigate from the testing window.

Great, I should look for it!

Hi Everyone,

I’m excited to announce a new feature for sellers. As part of our ongoing efforts to increase overall marketplace quality, we will begin offering the opportunity to take skills tests to verify seller skills. Skills tests will not be mandatory, but are an opportunity to increase buyer trust by proving your skills in the subcategories in which you offer services.

We’ve been rolling out the skills tests in the Translation subcategory over the past few weeks, but starting today, a small sample of sellers will be able to test in over 400+ skills! We will be gradually opening up this feature to all sellers over the coming weeks.

Once your account is active with the skills test feature, it’s easy to get started:

To take a skill test:

1. Go to fiverr.com/my_profile
  2. In your profile card, click Take Tests on the left pane.
  3. Select a Skill Test to take.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/taking-a-skill-test

Again, you do not have to take these tests. They are 100% optional. However, taking a test is a great way to prove your aptitude and earn a new buyers’ trust—and to keep your skills sharp!

As a seller, you have the option to show or hide your score to Fiverr buyers. Should you choose to share your skill test results, users will see various details such as your score, time spent, results by topic, and more.

If you don’t pass the test the first time, don’t panic! You can retake the test after 24 hours and up to two times in a 3-month period. Hopefully taking the test provides an opportunity to brush up on your skills and continue to hone your expertise.

Have questions about the skills test? Please leave a comment below.

I think this is best idea of Fiverr “Earn Trust”. A good way to separate the chaff from the grains. 😜

I took the WordPress test just to see what’s all this fuzz about.
Well, now I get it 😃

For example, one of the questions was what were the minimum requirements for WP 4.1.
Seriously? Who gives a damn? It was released in 2014 and even if it was right now 2014, then what does it show to know this info by heart?

And if you try to look it up like any developer would do, then you get a warning for moving away from the test window 😃

I got a pretty decent score because I started using WP in 2013, but it was difficult to remember how limited WP 4.1 was back in 2014 😛 A lot of it was guessing and hoping the core hasn’t changed that much during 4 years.

I took the WordPress test just to see what’s all this fuzz about.

Well, now I get it 😃

For example, one of the questions was what were the minimum requirements for WP 4.1.

Seriously? Who gives a damn? It was released in 2014 and even if it was right now 2014, then what does it show to know this info by heart?

And if you try to look it up like any developer would do, then you get a warning for moving away from the test window 😃

I got a pretty decent score because I started using WP in 2013, but it was difficult to remember how limited WP 4.1 was back in 2014 😛 A lot of it was guessing and hoping the core hasn’t changed that much during 4 years.

I did the adobe indesign test but gave up when most of the questions coming up were about keyboard shortcuts.

I did the adobe indesign test but gave up when most of the questions coming up were about keyboard shortcuts.

most of the questions coming up were about keyboard shortcuts

I use a lot of shortcuts myself, but what does it prove really?

I think the problem is that people who made these tests didn’t fully understand what the score is suppose to represent.

most of the questions coming up were about keyboard shortcuts

I use a lot of shortcuts myself, but what does it prove really?

I think the problem is that people who made these tests didn’t fully understand what the score is suppose to represent.

A very long time ago I joined a recruitment agency who asked me to come in and do a test. It was a practical test where I had to recreate some designs using the usual software. At that time one of them was quark xpress. (Wonder if any of the younger designers have heard of it lol)

But anyway that was a good test. I was able to prove that I was capable of using the software and understood any instructions given.

That would be more practical i would think.

A very long time ago I joined a recruitment agency who asked me to come in and do a test. It was a practical test where I had to recreate some designs using the usual software. At that time one of them was quark xpress. (Wonder if any of the younger designers have heard of it lol)

But anyway that was a good test. I was able to prove that I was capable of using the software and understood any instructions given.

That would be more practical i would think.

It was a practical test where I had to recreate some designs using the usual software

Exactly.

That’s how most decent web development / design agencies do it.

I know Fiverr doesn’t have the resources to check the results of such test, but this would actually show if and what you can do. Knowing minimum requirements for WP version that’s 4 years old doesn’t show anything to a person who needs to hire someone to build their website.

So right now I would not recommend anyone to take the WP test. It’s outdated and doesn’t prove in any way if you can provide WP related services or not. Take those 40 minutes and learn something useful 😉

Hi. I want to know, if we can improve the scores we get on these tests, if we already passed once. And if so, whether the best result is chosen finally, or just the most recent. How many times can we retake the test to improve our marks?

I want to know, if we can improve the scores we get on these tests, if we already passed once. And if so, whether the best result is chosen finally, or just the most recent.

Since it doesn’t say that the best result is chosen, it must be the most recent.

How many times can we retake the test to improve our marks?

It doesn’t give a limit to the number of times, but it says you have to wait a day between tests and that “You can only take a test twice in a three months time window.”.

On the tests that I have passed there is normally an option of whether to show it on the profile, but on one that I passed there is no option for whether or not to show it on the profile. I don’t think it’s because of a limit on the number shown on the profile because I’ve already set 1 not to show the results and it still gives me the option of whether to turn it on for that test. Maybe it’s tests with a high number of topics within the test (eg. 11) where it doesn’t give the option of whether or not to display it on the profile. Maybe it’s browser specific but it showed the option on all other tests I think.

Summary

skill-test-with-option-to-show-on-profile.thumb.png.91517d0618a9bcc62596d96fc1357af8.png

skill-test-with-no-option-to-show-on-profile.thumb.png.ae7771e31bf832fa6a02ed2ea77e26c3.png

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, I found this to be able to get help. So, apparently I took a test which I really didn’t. And it says I failed. Additionally, it says 0 minutes taken for the test. And, now that I want to take it, I’m unable to. Can you please assist with this since I never took the test?

Thank you

Finally, I found this to be able to get help. So, apparently I took a test which I really didn’t. And it says I failed. Additionally, it says 0 minutes taken for the test. And, now that I want to take it, I’m unable to. Can you please assist with this since I never took the test?

Thank you

I think it might sometimes say that if you just look at the test info even if you don’t actually start the test. You should be able to re-take the test (or actually take it) by waiting 24 hours I think (as long as you don’t try to take the test (or it doesn’t think you are taking it) more than twice in a 3 month period I think). Just make sure you run with a compatible browser (after waiting the 24 hours or whatever it says) and don’t switch away from the test tab or click on any other app while doing the test and you should be able to complete it (assuming no connection failures). So to be safe, if you look at the test info, if you want to do the test it might be better to do the test around then (ie. before closing the tab) as it may later think you’ve taken the test even if you haven’t.

I think it might sometimes say that if you just look at the test info even if you don’t actually start the test. You should be able to re-take the test (or actually take it) by waiting 24 hours I think (as long as you don’t try to take the test (or it doesn’t think you are taking it) more than twice in a 3 month period I think). Just make sure you run with a compatible browser (after waiting the 24 hours or whatever it says) and don’t switch away from the test tab or click on any other app while doing the test and you should be able to complete it (assuming no connection failures). So to be safe, if you look at the test info, if you want to do the test it might be better to do the test around then (ie. before closing the tab) as it may later think you’ve taken the test even if you haven’t.

When you take a test the second time after failing the first time are the questions and test the exact same thing? Same questions as before?

Have people noticed their rank dropping from taking the test? Or going up?

On the tests that I have passed there is normally an option of whether to show it on the profile, but on one that I passed there is no option for whether or not to show it on the profile. I don’t think it’s because of a limit on the number shown on the profile because I’ve already set 1 not to show the results and it still gives me the option of whether to turn it on for that test. Maybe it’s tests with a high number of topics within the test (eg. 11) where it doesn’t give the option of whether or not to display it on the profile. Maybe it’s browser specific but it showed the option on all other tests I think.

Summary

If you didn’t get 70% or more it wont show.

Archived