What can you buy with one gig in your country? (Around The Globe Discussion)

gig_freak

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not to mention Gasoline!!! 😄

In Venezuela

You can fill your tank 200,000 times. (basically, it’s free, but controlled and sometimes it’s not enough for people, so you can see LARGE lines of cars outside a gas station trying to get the tank filled.

Same with water and electricity! it’s basically free but we have blackouts several times a week.

Believe me, you wont change paying for services for the things we have in here.

electricity! it’s basically free

😮

awesome !!! You guys so happy I think

On 4/27/2018 at 6:24 PM, goliwog said:

Wow $5 per month? So I would imagine a few Fiverr gigs per month would allow sellers to live comfortably there. But how do you withdraw your money?

Well, there is no way to live comfortably in a country with a comunist goverment. We are actually leaving the country in the next few months.

Some people makes business with paypal and they trade it for Venezuelan Bolivars at the black market rate and that’s how we convert our money.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:27 PM, jessy455 said:

😮 awesome !!! You guys so happy I think

Electricity is free, when you have it. Right now, the electrical system is so damaged because of the lack of mantainment, that we are having 3 to 6 hours blackouts every day in a tropical city where is HOT every day.

Comunist goverments doesn’t make happy people. Everything is free until it’s wasted.

😮

awesome !!! You guys so happy I think

Do you even follow the news, do you have any idea what is going on in Venezuela? I don’t think many people are ‘so happy’ there at the moment:

https://www.undispatch.com/venezuelans-are-fleeing-their-country-in-record-numbers-this-is-latin-americas-worst-ever-refugee-crisis/

On 4/27/2018 at 7:07 PM, nikavoice said:

Once upon a time I ❤️ ramen noodles. It’s cheap and I would just add beef or chicken chunks. Dinner done in a few minutes.

You are right about this, but like @lucycodex I had to learn to become frugal during some tough times and I love knowing ways of doing it again if I had to. Also, when I was really broke but also wanted to eat healthier (not healthy - just healthier) and still buy some super cheap stuff, I found out there are ways to get around some things. Like, here there is a kosher ramen noodle pack that sells for 12 at a time at a shop that either produces them or gets them from Israel.

They cost about 5 cents more per pack than the Maruchan or Top Ramen. The noodle part has kosher salt as the only additive and I would add salt anyway. The sauce packet has dehydrated turkey broth and a couple of basic powdered spices. I don’t use the packet since I don’t like the broth, I just put a bit of soy sauce and some peas in it. For protein, I use crushed peanuts or lentils (or both) depending on my mood. It’s cheap, fast and free of the icky chemicals. I am not sure what makes them kosher since that’s not why I buy them, but I like them. I’ve never looked for it at other shops but I imagine there are similar alternatives if you ever wanted or needed a stock of cheap noodle-goodness!

On 4/27/2018 at 7:38 PM, fonthaunt said:

You are right about this, but like @lucycodex I had to learn to become frugal during some tough times and I love knowing ways of doing it again if I had to. Also, when I was really broke but also wanted to eat healthier (not healthy - just healthier) and still buy some super cheap stuff, I found out there are ways to get around some things. Like, here there is a kosher ramen noodle pack that sells for 12 at a time at a shop that either produces them or gets them from Israel.

They cost about 5 cents more per pack than the Maruchan or Top Ramen. The noodle part has kosher salt as the only additive and I would add salt anyway. The sauce packet has dehydrated turkey broth and a couple of basic powdered spices. I don’t use the packet since I don’t like the broth, I just put a bit of soy sauce and some peas in it. For protein, I use crushed peanuts or lentils (or both) depending on my mood. It’s cheap, fast and free of the icky chemicals. I am not sure what makes them kosher since that’s not why I buy them, but I like them. I’ve never looked for it at other shops but I imagine there are similar alternatives if you ever wanted or needed a stock of cheap noodle-goodness!

Thanks for the info, Maddie! :ok_hand:t4:

Amazing… I never knew there was a healthier version. I’ll definitely visit my local Kosher or Halal market to find this option. I was in love with this stuff and was 💔 when found out about the chemicals.

I’m very health conscious about what I put inside my body. Lately, I’ve been eating nothing but veggies (steamed & stir fry), yummy green 🥗 salads with a piece of lean meat. This week my goal was to not eat red meat – Just poultry 🍗 giving myself a pat on the back. I’m not one to pig out, I watch my portion, count my cals, and little goes a long way. Being creative in the kitchen is essential.

Like, here there is a kosher ramen noodle pack that sells for 12 at a time at a shop that either produces them or gets them from Israel.

Thanks for the info, Maddie! :ok_hand:t4:

Amazing… I never knew there was a healthier version. I’ll definitely visit my local Kosher or Halal market to find this option. I was in love with this stuff and was 💔 when found out about the chemicals.

I’m very health conscious about what I put inside my body. Lately, I’ve been eating nothing but veggies (steamed & stir fry), yummy green 🥗 salads with a piece of lean meat. This week my goal was to not eat red meat – Just poultry 🍗 giving myself a pat on the back. I’m not one to pig out, I watch my portion, count my cals, and little goes a long way. Being creative in the kitchen is essential.

No problem. it’s definitely possible to eat healthy on a budget - it just varies by how healthy and how much of a budget!

I eat pretty healthily about half the time. I eat lots of nuts, beans, good carbs, and veggies since I’m not really able to eat meat. I do eat eggs and cheese. The other half the time I definitely get some junk food in there. Sometimes I’d just rather fried vegetables (very Texas) or chips or cookies! :crazy_face: It’s a good thing I don’t eat meat since fried beef or chicken is beloved where I live.

Let’s see…

IF I go to Daiso ( where all the items are 100yen/ one dollar),

I can buy 5 stuff of whatever they sell there! 😃

It’s amazing that Daiso has in stores these days.

It’s amazing that Daiso has in stores these days.

A long time a go, we had Daiso here(Romania) as well. I loved that store!!! It had so many awesome things and they were all so cheap! I think they closed it in 2013. 😦

How weird it is to live in one of the richest countries in the world, but have an international client base. In relation to the rest of the world, I’m super rich (even as homeless), but in relation to my country, I’m way below the poverty line.

I’m so poor 😭… But so rich :star_struck:
😕

How weird it is to live in one of the richest countries in the world, but have an international client base. In relation to the rest of the world, I’m super rich (even as homeless), but in relation to my country, I’m way below the poverty line.

😕

😕

I think that is a problem all Europeans (Euro zone) are facing right now, we have a strong Euro that contributes heavily to that “effect”.

On 5/11/2018 at 10:09 AM, lucycodex said:

I live in the US, and because I am so frugal, everything you see here was .89 cents total. Like all of it. Together. .89 cents.

You need to make a frugality gig where you help people use coupons or something!

On 5/11/2018 at 11:26 AM, lucycodex said:

I am already one step ahead of you on that

That you are! Used to do coupons but they’re just a pain.

Archived