What can you buy with one gig in your country? (Around The Globe Discussion)

gig_freak

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Average rent in Ireland is at an all-time high at €1130/month ($1300 approx) and in a country of 4 million people there are a total of 3000 properties currently available (an all time low), most of which are in far flung parts of the country where nobody would live (no transport links, dial up internet etc… And just wait til all the pro-EU British decide to come over next year!

Ireland has more over 100% tax on ciggies and even loose tobacco. Minimum pack size is 20 cigarettes or 30 grams of tobacco (€16).

PS. This is not linked to my recent price increases

It’s rent of whole year here for a middle class family.

It’s rent of whole year here for a middle class family.

Thankfully, I pay a bit less than that as I live out in the countryside now. When I lived in Dublin 4 years ago, I paid $400/month to share a fairly basic but well located house with 2 other guys. Today that house is $2200/month to rent!

Guest offlinehelpers

I really need to move country… I don’t even know what I can get for £3.75 here. 2 big bags of sweets probably. (UK)

3 and three quarters at Poundland or Poundworld! 🙂

AAALL that with only 4$??? I move on to India already! Here, in Venezuela. You could by at least 70 eggs with that amount!

AAALL that with only 4$??? I move on to India already! Here, in Venezuela. You could by at least 70 eggs with that amount!

You missed reading it properly, @ldnarquitectura 🙂

#Use OR & not AND while reading the list.

• 3 months later...

1 kitchen towel in Holland, a kilo of brocolli, 2 kilo’s of organic patatoes.

On 10/24/2017 at 8:33 AM, stdwares said:

You missed reading it properly, @ldnarquitectura 🙂

#Use OR & not AND while reading the list.

wauw 70 eggs. 15 eggs here in Holland hihi.

• 3 months later...
Guest offlinehelpers

Here’s a similar thread:
favicon.ico default-apple-touch-icon.png

Interesting topic, that I would like to hear different stories from sellers/buyers around the world. Where do you come from?What can be done with $5 in your country? In Macedonia, you can go to a pub and drink 2-3 beers. You can have a “nice” dinner...

Reading time: 13 mins ? Likes: 457 ❤

Might give you a few ideas. 🙂

Why would you want to buy candles to go and see a film?

Here’s a similar thread:

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

What can you buy with one gig in your country? (Around The Globe Discussion)

Interesting topic, that I would like to hear different stories from sellers/buyers around the world. Where do you come from?What can be done with $5 in your country? In Macedonia, you can go to a pub and drink 2-3 beers. You can have a “nice” dinner...

Reading time: 13 mins ? Likes: 457 ❤

Might give you a few ideas. 🙂

Why would you want to buy candles to go and see a film?

I mentioned " CAndies/chocolates" I mean With the leftover money, I would get few chocolates

Guest offlinehelpers

I mentioned " CAndies/chocolates" I mean With the leftover money, I would get few chocolates

My apologies! Candies it is! ☀️

I am From India. And 5$ Here can get you A Movie Only along with few candies.

What Can 5$ Get you at your country?

PS- Just to get a brief Idea about the effort thats given and the Result we get For just 5$

You are right, brother. Today I went to buy some chocolates for a baby’s Birthday party. But couldn’t purchase within $5 😃 LoL btw I am from Bangladesh.

I’m from Venezuela.
Many people earns about 5$ a month. It’s a horrible economy with a severe crisis. But, because of that market, everything is cheaper than other countries.
In here, for 5$ yo can have lunch for 6 persons in a cheap restaurant. and for 3 persons in a good restaurant.

For clothing is different. Here is cheaper than other countries but no that much. Unless you are willing to buy some imported clothes. Those are very expensive and there are few people that can buy those things here.

On 2/2/2018 at 12:33 PM, tamal3209 said:

You are right, brother. Today I went to buy some chocolates for a baby’s Birthday party. But couldn’t purchase within $5 😃 LoL btw I am from Bangladesh.

Bhaijaan. Chocolate O ajkal Celebration Nitey gele Onek Daam. Kisui Pabana. LOL

On 2/2/2018 at 12:34 PM, sauringalue said:

I’m from Venezuela.

Many people earns about 5$ a month. It’s a horrible economy with a severe crisis. But, because of that market, everything is cheaper than other countries.

In here, for 5$ yo can have lunch for 6 persons in a cheap restaurant. and for 3 persons in a good restaurant.

For clothing is different. Here is cheaper than other countries but no that much. Unless you are willing to buy some imported clothes. Those are very expensive and there are few people that can buy those things here.

Lunch For 3 Persons. Wow

1 Pizza Margherita.

Or 2,73 liters (0.72 gallons) of gasoline, regular.

not to mention Gasoline!!! 😄

In Venezuela

You can fill your tank 200,000 times. (basically, it’s free, but controlled and sometimes it’s not enough for people, so you can see LARGE lines of cars outside a gas station trying to get the tank filled.

Same with water and electricity! it’s basically free but we have blackouts several times a week.

Believe me, you wont change paying for services for the things we have in here.

Archived