Fiverr just updated the rating system, how do you feel about it?

donnovan86

7 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Overall, I see this as a good change. They've listened, probably not to us (even though they say this is because of our valuable feedback), but to the data that shows what a sh*tshow this has been. 

....and if they'd listened to our valuable feedback at all before this even started, they wouldn't have needed the show.... 

image.png.9c825d39af90878cb724178bde1966af.png

can be translated into "this cost our CS team thousands of hours and overloaded them to the extent they couldn't deal with user issues that weren't self-inflicted by an [insert adjective of choice] product development team so we're rolling it back even though it means sellers and buyers can more easily manipulate each other again gosh why is it so hard to make a good review system when we're not dealing with bad actors? Also rolling this back is cheaper than dealing with the app bug so like whatever"

That's my feedback on that point. 

• Like 8
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Buyers now have the option to edit reviews

What a great idea fiverr… didn’t you get rid of editing reviews a few years ago because it was a horrible idea? How did a horrible idea again became this brilliant idea? 🤦‍♀️ 

Me watching fiverr for the last few months 👇

IMG_0633.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, premiumedit said:

p.s. did anyone else noticed 0 impressions in gig metrics on all their gigs today or is it just me? 

Check the date. If it is today, they don't update the impressions until much later in the day, so yours will show 0 for right now.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:
5 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Buyers now have the option to edit reviews

What a great idea fiverr… didn’t you get rid of editing reviews a few years ago because it was a horrible idea? How did a horrible idea again became this brilliant idea? 🤦‍♀️

I bet it's a new set of developers who just "discovered" this concept, and don't remember what went before.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Me watching fiverr for the last few months 👇

More like

giphy.gif

Edited by emmaki
it works for both users and 5HQ when dealing with users
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, emmaki said:

....and if they'd listened to our valuable feedback at all before this even started, they wouldn't have needed the show.... 

can be translated into "this cost our CS team thousands of hours and overloaded them to the extent they couldn't deal with user issues that weren't self-inflicted by an [insert adjective of choice] product development team so we're rolling it back even though it means sellers and buyers can more easily manipulate each other again gosh why is it so hard to make a good review system when we're not dealing with bad actors? Also rolling this back is cheaper than dealing with the app bug so like whatever"

I agree. And all of this could have been avoided if they just bothered running in by some of their senior sellers, like us, before they launched it. Like they used to do. But I guess someone knew that this would piss off a lot of people, so they didn't want it leaked. 

• Like 2
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I'll tell you: it's because gen alpha and Z aren't able to hold a job for more than six months before moving on (unless they get to "change the world" and "make a difference" ending up with a promotion to "Chief Humbug Officer" within a month of them starting their job). The people who found out about this years ago are already retired and to weak to work. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

The people who found out about this years ago are already retired and to weak to work. 

Off to the knacker's yard to be made into soap, glue, and other useful everyday items.

Who said old people can't be useful? Vegetarians and vegans, I suppose. They're missing out. Just ask Ed Gein and his amazing Janet Jackson Belt Collection.

I don't really know where I'm going with this post, but I felt compelled to share it. To make it topical, I am still apathetic about the new review system. They mad on r/fiverr though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Off to the knacker's yard to be made into soap, glue, and other useful everyday items.

Who said old people can't be useful? Vegetarians and vegans, I suppose. They're missing out. Just ask Ed Gein and his amazing Janet Jackson Belt Collection.

I don't really know where I'm going with this post, but I felt compelled to share it. To make it topical, I am still apathetic about the new review system. They mad on r/fiverr though.

Vegans. Don't get me started on vegans. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Since @Kesha's thread is closed for replies, there's one more interesting thing:

We previously let you know that we tested incorporating private reviews in the public rating calculation—we will not be incorporating the private rating in this calculation.

So now they say thet they "tested incorporating private reviews in the public rating calculation", but what about  ruined business and levels of many sellers here, who have not got any new orders, since those changes were made? If this was a "test" then they should restore everything.

• Like 3

Just now, masterpiece_dt said:

So now they say thet they "tested incorporating private reviews in the public rating calculation", but what about  ruined business and levels of many sellers here, who have not got any new orders, since those changes were made? If this was a "test" then they should restore everything.

We're assets. One seller's ruin is another's fortune. Fiverr gets the 20% anyway. As customers, we're pretty good. We stay here and suck it all up. Neat business model, really.

Until the customers-assets get fed up and go somewhere else, of course. It'd be really interesting to know how many of the 300,000 buyers that Fiverr lost between Q1 '23 and Q1 '24 were also sellers

. Alas! That data is squirreled away somewhere beyond our reach.

21 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Vegans. Don't get me started on vegans. 

image.png.4826c52d40fe2e9f09a827d5ba8acec4.png

• Like 4

@donnovan86

Hey I am not understanding one thing. For review system, After publish my review the edit option will be gone!
In this case what is my benefit? Like-
1. Buyer left Review.
2. I can't see review without my Review published.
3. Suppose after given my review, now I see the review is bad mistakenly. Then what can I do now???

• Like 2
  • Up 1

A few questions

• When does this actually kick in?
  • What bit does the 2 year thing actually affect - the public rating 5*, the level system, the success score?
  • I take it this will be a rolling 2 year thing so will start from May 2022 to 24 and then from June 22 to 24 etc?
  • Like 2

Well, I just got a 5-star review and presumably my success score is still a 10 (I can't be bothered to check).

Go me, Fiverr's top writer [fact-check: this claim has not been verified] with 5 orders this year!!!!1!1! It's very exciting, because I think that 3 out of 5 orders have been done with different review systems.

That's ONE order a MONTH, guys. I can't wait to do my 7 remaining sales of the year!!!!! 💪

I love how stable Fiverr is at the moment, don't you?

P.S. My buyer got confused by the new system and sent me screeenshots of what he could see, which was helpful and relaxing because I saw the review before he submitted it. Anyway, I don't know if this is new but they show the price range now above where you write your kind words/vicious complaints.

Which I found interesting. There seems to be an AI also nagging you to write more to be more "compelling". My buyer ignored that. I must say, do we really need to nag buyers on how they should write their review? Unless they're writing "qwertyuiop" it's probably fine (unless you're an AI that needs words and data to feast on).

Now, Fiverr, about that 2-year thing. Because I have so few orders, I believe all my orders for the past 2 years are 5-star reviews. So why is my profile still a 4.9, huh? Because if anyone performed well these last two years, it was me - despite everything that life and your platform might think to throw at me... 

• Like 2
  • Up 6

Posted (edited)

I believe I just got my first review under the new system.  It is very misleading.  My customer chose the 5 stars (Exceptional) and then checked boxes.  I then received a 4.7.  Is this correct?

If a customer chooses 5 stars, the system shouldn't infer a different rating based on what they didn't check in the other boxes.

What do you think?

Fiverr Article - Is there more questions than are shown in the article?  I would love to see what it looks like.

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/25072782273041-Recent-updates-to-Fiverr-s-Ratings-and-Reviews-system

ratings.png

Edited by landongrace
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, smashradio said:
3 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I'll tell you: it's because gen alpha and Z aren't able to hold a job for more than six months before moving on

Just wondering - are there any adults in the room when these youngster/developers are changing things "just because they can?"

2 hours ago, smashradio said:
4 hours ago, emmaki said:

...and if they'd listened to our valuable feedback at all before this even started, they wouldn't have needed the show.... 

Expand  

I agree. And all of this could have been avoided if they just bothered running in by some of their senior sellers, like us, before they launched it.

I'm sorry, that just wouldn't work - it makes too much sense.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, landongrace said:

My customer chose the 5 stars (Exceptional) and then checked boxes.  I then received a 4.7.  Is this correct?

If a customer chooses 5 stars, the system shouldn't infer a different rating based on what they didn't check in the other boxes.

what a disgrace. They really want us to drop from 5 at any costs, it’s so transparent and sad.

• Like 3

Since alot of us have slept over this announcement and its a brand new day (in my part of the world):

This entire thing about "2 years of reviews taken into account" seems like another incremental step (after adding reviews for cancelled orders & 'value for money' adventure) to have more diverse ratings in the marketplace.

As of now - the majority of sellers in the marketplace seem to be between 4.8 to 5.0. So the previous steps didn't really yield the desired results. 

• Like 4
  • Up 3

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

So the previous steps didn't really yield the desired results. 

They can switch to a 10-point system while leaving old reviews as is 😁

This is how I (and the platform) feel about it:

2024-05-20_17-32-23.png.3e0f3424b17a3c40fc82327a84617313.png

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1