All forum Clubs have been removed.

smartdezigns

8 hours ago, uk1000 said:

The new homepage seems okay (apart from the missing clubs), but it occasionally asks me to log in (and sometimes on page links from staff), when I'm already logged in on the forum (not usually Fiverr) on this browser. Then refreshing the homepage a while later shows it normally. It also switches formats sometimes by itself from the condensed to the expanded format after refreshing.

All these happen to me too and even on the older version I had to sign in every time I went inside the forum. Definitely some bugs there.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

8 hours ago, kawsar_log said:

Okay, how will you develop a local community?

I think Fiverr occasionally organizes community meets and notifies the sellers from that particular region if I'm not wrong.

You have no idea I've built an excellent relationship with so many professional sellers because to the opportunity club provided!

Perhaps you could do the same globally with people around the world which seems even better to me but of course, everybody has their ways, and the club was more beneficial to you. Sadly now it's gone and we have to find different ways to make it work.

You know what happens on Facebook! How violet are the young people who have been duped by Mentor? Didn't you?

Well, I'm not sure what happens on Facebook and I didn't get what you're saying here. I think everyone should be their own mentor and listen to their guts and check before blindly believing what others are saying.

The club was no doubt a good and impactful place to seek guidance and help but the same can be done now globally and in English. If someone has a problem with English fluency then it might be terrible news for them otherwise it's the same as it was before.

Hopefully, everyone can adapt to the changes soon.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

It is very sad news!
I spent too much time in the club than I did on social media, and I would have liked to spend more time in the club because I could learn a lot from the club and teach others who came to know something, if I knew about it beforehand. As we all know, there are many rules and regulations in fiverr which I found out through the club! There are different options for rules, but it's true that not all of us read those! Or do not try to understand that, there are many rules and regulations! But I got to know all those things from the club leaders and senior members.

This is the official club, and no one in the club would ever dare teach us anything wrong! Here everyone shares knowledge about fiverr, it's like a family. Many violations are taught on social media! But we think violations are good for us but we never know the truth. The truth remains hidden. 

I have many things to say about the club! But I don't know if I can share all those things through a comment or a post! I just want to say one thing, I spent a lot of time in the club for knowledge sharing. Maybe fiverr is thinking of bringing something new! 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, imamiopial said:

Clubs are removed

Is there anything official about it, or were they doing some tweaks to the forum (we know that they are changing the forum), and all Clubs got disabled until they could fix them?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, catwriter said:

Is there anything official about it

Haven't seen anything yet.

2 hours ago, catwriter said:

or were they doing some tweaks to the forum (we know that they are changing the forum), and all Clubs got disabled until they could fix them?

Possibly not sure but they are currently removed. 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, webanalystayub said:

Can we know why Fiverr Bangladesh Club has closed recently? Is it really fair? We all Bangladeshi Freelancer wants to know this answer. 

The Bangladesh Club is not being treated unfairly. All of the clubs are missing. 

• Like 12
  • Up 4

20 hours ago, kawsar_log said:

I was surprised to read about Fiverr's recent decision to shut down the Community Club feature on its platform.

Did you read somewhere that the clubs being shut down is an official move on Fiverr's part? It may be that Fiverr is merely reorganizing the Forum like they are the main platform. 

Please place the link here if you read it in a Fiverr official notice.

• Like 9
  • Up 2

It is very sad news!

I spent too much time in the club than I did on social media, and I would have liked to spend more time in the club because I could learn a lot from the club and teach others who came to know something, if I knew about it beforehand. As we all know, there are many rules and regulations in fiverr which I found out through the club! There are different options for rules, but it's true that not all of us read those! Or do not try to understand that, there are many rules and regulations! But I got to know all those things from the club leaders and senior members.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, webcut said:

@Kesha Where is our Club ? I am not seeing our club Category. 

On 2/29/2024 at 11:44 AM, smartdezigns said:

@Kesha It's an off-topic question.

I am wondering that where is the "Club" Tab now? Has it been removed from the Forum? We had it previously next to the Forums tab. 

tabs.PNG.1d7c259e4513ecdf8993a3bd37c58737.PNG

Hi! All clubs have been removed from the forum as of yesterday. We understand this is disappointing news for our valued community members, and we sincerely apologize for this.

The decision to close these clubs was not made lightly, and we want to assure you that it was done with careful consideration due to the resource constraints presented. We are actively exploring ways to revisit the concept of social clubs, ensuring that we can provide a secure and enjoyable space for all members.

• Like 8
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, catwriter said:

Is there anything official about it, or were they doing some tweaks to the forum (we know that they are changing the forum), and all Clubs got disabled until they could fix them?

There is now :classic_sad:

See:

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kesha said:

Hi! All clubs have been removed from the forum as of yesterday. We understand this is disappointing news for our valued community members, and we sincerely apologize for this.

The decision to close these clubs was not made lightly, and we want to assure you that it was done with careful consideration due to the resource constraints presented. We are actively exploring ways to revisit the concept of social clubs, ensuring that we can provide a secure and enjoyable space for all members.

@vickiespencer Kesha posted about this on another thread.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

6 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

The Bangladesh Club is not being treated unfairly. All of the clubs are missing. 

💯

It's also an opportunity for people to focus on self-development and to learn things on their own, through reading from authentic sources and garnering work experience on Fiverr.

Receiving guidance is good⬆️ but overreliance on spoon-feeding often creates a cagey comfort zone!! 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Did you read somewhere that the clubs being shut down is an official move on Fiverr's part? It may be that Fiverr is merely reorganizing the Forum like they are the main platform. 

Please place the link here if you read it in a Fiverr official notice.

No. They really have removed all the clubs from the Forum yesterday. :classic_sad: Check Kesha's response to my query: ⬇️

forums.PNG.de706e9f3e596d0c90ddb58780c5f42f.PNG

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, navid_zafar said:

Most of the community clubs lacked active participation,

Some did though, even if it wasn't every day it might not need to be. Some didn't have the people to accept their entry to the club for a while.

Though I thought that the country specific clubs weren't necessarily the best option for all people since splitting it up just by country (rather than interests or skills or other things people might have in common) might not be the best way of doing it. The way the country ones got set up seemed to be just (or initially) to try to get people to travel to different in-person meetings which doesn't seem very applicable for online freelancers (eg. why travel many miles to in-person meetings when you can discuss things online almost instantly and without travel costs?).

According to this post:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/325110-etiquettes-for-navigating-ratings-and-reviews-from-buyers/?do=findComment&comment=2035633

"it was done with careful consideration due to the resource constraints presented"

That suggests they didn't have enough resources to handle it (or the resources to handle the meet-ups that the country specific clubs were initially mostly created for), which wouldn't the case if there were hardly any posts. Maybe some of the country ones didn't have much participation (though probably some did). Maybe they didn't have enough staff/volunteers to check the posts in each different language in the clubs, so they decided to remove all the clubs, even the ones that would be easy to check. If it wasn't because of needing enough staff/volunteers checking it might have been because of too many posts in some those clubs based on the "resource constraints presented".

Though I thought they said they were trying to increase engagement on the forum, and deleting clubs that hundreds or thousands of people used and banning people from posting for 24 hours after they post about 10 posts in a day isn't really helping with that.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9
  • Up 2