All forum Clubs have been removed.

smartdezigns

Club is really helpful for local freelancer for meet-up. But we should always ready to face challenges. Hope we will promote our community through the new features.

• Like 6

*takes several slow deep breaths*

One of the last posts I made in my club was roughly along the lines of "If it weren't for my friends on the forum, I very likely would have quit Fiverr" 

I know Fiverr doesn't care about the volunteers here in the forum, but this is...

No warning, no heads-up, no hint that such a big portion of the forums would be culled.

Keeping it PG: I am seriously upset. > : ( 

I. spent. hours. over the course of days. going though Fiverr profiles for two of the Community Clubs to verify locations. And yeah, there was no activity in the clubs, but that was because the pending list for each was in the hundreds. If no one was in the clubs, of course there wouldn't be activity

If I had known this was going to happen, I wouldn't have wasted those hours. If I had know this was going to happen, I would have been sure to Follow the profiles of everyone in my club, because my club contained some of the best people here. If I had known this was going to happen, I would have archived the threads in my club, because they've also put hours into that community. 

I dare say that this was worse than the (again: unannounced) Category cull, because even though I lost access to several good topics, at least the worst offender (My Fiverr Gigs) was removed and I felt that was a somewhat acceptable tradeoff. 

This, though: this feels personal.

I know it's not. Logically, the reasoning makes sense. But I cannot help what I feel, only how I react to that feeling. That said:

This might just be goodbye for me from the Fiverr platform. 

I won't react impulsively, and I will give this serious thought before I decide for sure. In the meantime, I'll still fulfil my duties as a volunteer to the best of my abilities. 

To my friends here (you know who you are) I will at minimum stick around for a week, starting tomorrow. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 18
  • Up 2

6 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

The main site, too, or just the forum?

6 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

To my friends here (you know who you are) I will at minimum stick around for a week, starting tomorrow.

I hope you'll stay with us!

• Like 10
  • Up 4

9 hours ago, webcut said:

We can keep our Facebook Fiverr Community Group Alive. Hope that will be helpful for us to make decision or meet-up.

I'm not sure that that kind of contact outside of Fiverr and Fiverr's forum is allowed. It could be a ToS violation.

• Like 9
  • Up 5

10 hours ago, webcut said:

We can keep our Facebook Fiverr Community Group Alive. Hope that will be helpful for us to make decision or meet-up.

I'm just adding to what @catwriter mentioned above. 

Quite a few of us who freelance on Fiverr - we never felt the need for separate community/groups, networking or mentors. All of us work, learn and improvise in real time on our own. That's the whole point of being a freelancer, right!!  

And otherwise, conversations on the forum are diverse, intriguing and vibrant enough for all of us to learn from each other. 

• Like 9
  • Up 5

On 3/1/2024 at 11:32 PM, Kesha said:

The decision to close these clubs was not made lightly, and we want to assure you that it was done with careful consideration due to the resource constraints presented. We are actively exploring ways to revisit the concept of social clubs, ensuring that we can provide a secure and enjoyable space for all members.

Sorry, but what? You removed something we all loved. What was the reason of removing it? What was problem behind it? In previous forum design, we had something similar to the clubs and you removed that as well.

I guess someone has a problem with people enjoying relaxing conversation that is not on main forum.

• Like 10
  • Up 7

I was not in any of these clubs, and I probably wouldn't have joined them anyway, but this does rather underline the point that you should never invest too much (money, time, etc) into something that you do not own. 

This is what, the 3rd/4th version of the forum since I joined? FWIW when I wasn't on the forum, half the Fiverr searches on Google - for whatever reason - were from the Bangladeshi club. Behind that stupid joining wall, likely saving me from tepid advice. That is my experience of clubs, so I'm not particularly sorry to see it go. 

But for anyone else who wishes to keep doing club things, build away from Fiverr on your own platforms, ideally something stable that isn't likely to go away any time soon. I have no ideas on how to transfer the community though, given Fiverr's external comms rule. SEO, word of mouth, marketing. 

Unless admin just deleted everything without warning because nuking stuff is fun, there should be some copies of all the stuff that was created. It would at least be fair to give people the opportunity to download a copy of everything they wrote so they can republish it elsewhere or do whatever they want to do with their stuff.

OTOH, I believe there's a part of the TOS that says whatever you write on here - including the dumb stuff - belongs to them now, so maybe not. 

Anyway, good job Fiverr. You're really batting 110% to maximize seller disappointment with you at the moment 🙂

Edited by emmaki
although it's amazing that the festering sore of my fiverr gigs was banished.
  • Like 9
  • Up 7

I really enjoyed the two clubs I was in. They were supportive and informative, and they helped bring some people back to the forum, like Mr. Arty, so I'm sorry to see them go.

11 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

And I'll be sorry to see you go, too, Imagination, if that's what you do decide to do. Thanks for everything you've done for the clubs, and for the forum in general. 

• Like 9
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

We worked hard to improve our club and make it a welcoming place where wordsmiths could gather and talk "shop". Now, all of our work was for naught! 

It was especially important since Fiverr never deemed it worthy to include a 'writing' or similar forum in the Verticals section along with graphics, audio, video, web dev, etc.

• Like 5
  • Up 14

I have learned a lot from the club leaders especially the leader of Club Bangladesh @Seven @coder71 etc many other nice peoples. I am grateful to all the club leaders who have helped me with many solutions.

Edited by shuvo_va
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

@priyank_mod @catwriter Sorry for misunderstanding. I just wanted to share that in our country, we have a big Facebook Fiverr community group. In that group everyone shares their experiences. Also, we plan tour or program planning. Earlier, that also discussed in the Fiverr Club Community. In that case for local freelancer, we can share our experience in our own fb Fiverr community group. That I wanted to say like if Local Club not available then we can work in our FB Fiverr Group for local freelancer. Thanks

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, fizur_bd said:

Is this happens before ?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

• If you're asking if that particular error has happened before, then that was the first time I'd seen it.
  • If you're asking if the removal of clubs has happened before, then no, not since the migration of the forum in '21.
  • If you're asking if the Fiverr staff has messed with the forum setting before, then yes, as that's the only way to tweak settings, since (from what I've read about Invision) there's no 'preview' option to test what things will look like before they are implemented.

If you're asking something that's not covered by the previous guesses, then you will need to clarify.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

Does it mean anything that the "clubs" menu option has returned even though there are no clubs shown there and that there's an option there for "start a club" that is enabled?

Before (when this thread was created) they'd removed the "clubs" menu option/tab. Could this mean they could soon be re-instating some clubs or adding new ones?

Edited by uk1000

Updating about my post above - according to Kesha's post on her profile they still haven't "solidified any plans" for the clubs yet and they're still closed (even though the options for "clubs" and  "post a club" are enabled right now). But they're still exploring ways to revisit clubs.

Edited by uk1000
  • Up 2