Update: Changes to the Value For Money question

On 2/28/2024 at 9:24 PM, tro2789 said:

Kesha,

This is not a solution to the problem. If anything it's making it worse. Throw the new system in the bin where it belongs. What problem is this even solving for Fiverr? You have so much data on customers already. Why include these vague questions that are proven to confuse buyers. I've had multiple reviews left where buyers have followed up with me stating they were confused by the review system and meant to leave something different than what appeared. How can you trust review data that comes from it if buyers themselves don't even understand the ratings they are giving? This is truly asinine and not indicative of nuanced and effective data analysis by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: To add to this, I've even had repeat customers give me lower ratings on these questions multiple times. This is to the point where I have stopped working with them because I need to put food on the table, and repeatedly low reviews out of confusion is just going to tank my score. Surely having to refuse repeat customers that indicate satisfaction with their buying behavior, despite the review system, is not actually serving them well if I have to protect my own rating and success score instead of serving them.

100% agree with this. 

I have cases with repeat clients who left 4 star reviews and later messaged me on Fiverr that the new rating system is not clear and upon review it appeared to be 4 stars where they intend to leave 5 stars. These are not new buyers they are experienced buyers regularly ordering on Fiverr. If the new system is hard for them to understand then you can imagine who bad experience it could be for new buyers. 

Replacing stars with emojis on a professional platform makes no sense. Emojis are replaced with the stars later when the review appears on the seller profile, most of the buyers only then know what actual rating they gave. 

"Very good" should be the highest rating level instead of "exceptional".

Buyers don't place orders to fill these complex review forms etc, they are here to get their desired services. The review form should be simple and easy to fill. It should not be something scary and lengthy that buyers face a hard time filling. On top of they are annoyed with a private feedback which does not make any sense. This is too much work for a buyer to do dedicatedly without any benefit for them. That is why most of the buyers don't bother to fill them.

• Like 15
  • Up 2

On 2/28/2024 at 9:50 PM, visualstudios said:

The fix is trivial, obvious, and takes 10 seconds to implement.

A fair scale is:

Very Bad - Bad - Average - Good - Very Good.

That's it. Done. Fixed. You can even leave the emojis. This is evident.

Exactly it should be like this. 

• Like 14
  • Up 2

in my case the buyers rating rate is ~ 60%, i have completed 1001 order but i just got 612 review. Buyers don't have much time to do more than 1,2 mins task. Text in the gig page they even dont read, Q&A 100% surely don't. So why the review question is so loong with 5 row of question?. So frustrating with them.

Instead of creating a rock in middle of the path, please make the path wider, find more $$$$ buyers to the platform, think about hourly rate, how to connect Pro seller with Agency, because Agency more likely a return customer than a one time buyer, etc.

• Like 12
  • Up 2

On 3/2/2024 at 12:18 AM, beauvallis said:
I was waiting for the 2024 update that would change the platform. This new reviewing system is skewed and will be bringing Exceptional sellers down in ratings. Tons of 4’s incoming now. What a shame. 😞 

I'm sure this change is staying, just asking to PLEASE consider this at least:
Very poor | Poor | Average | very GOOD | GREAT
(Removing “very” from the “very good” will certainly help this) as well as I think that is definitely a more appropriate and fair way to phrase it. And changing "exceptional" to "great" - Buyers are often on their phones, in the app, doing this fast (also factoring in their mood at the current time). The odds are way out of sellers favor, for buyer to select an "exceptional" face'd emoji , 3 times in a row, without really knowing what impact this has to a seller.

I have had only 21, 4 star reviews out of almost 15,000 orders. I have now had 2 (4.3's) in the last 2 days. Long time client said something along the lines of "I had no idea what I was doing I was just selecting faces"

Very Frustrating to hear this is the change. 

I THINK This is going to force a lot of sellers to turn down gigs with new clients, just to work with returning clients that understand the new system. 

Agree with your comment

• Like 10
  • Congrats! 1

On 2/28/2024 at 7:43 PM, Kesha said:
  • Your scores will now take into account ratings from the last 2 years, offering a more up-to-date view of your performance and service.

@Kesha Do you mean "Success Score" will be based on previous 2 years ratings ?

Also will this score includes both private and public ratings ?

Between how this score is being calculated ? Is it based on no. of stars ? or AI learning from order/chat conservations ? or AI learning based on text review ?

• Like 11
  • Up 1

@Kesha Since the price is included in the delivery, how about you show the customers what sellers actually get for themselves? This would be top notch transparency when they are evaluating our prices. For them to know that 1. We don't have control over the fee that Fiverr puts on top of our pricing (something that many clients have complained about because the price they pay is different from what they say) and also show out cut without the 20% fee that the platform takes, so that they are aware of how much we are actually getting. That would be transparency right there if they are going to judge our prices.

• Like 12
  • Up 3

9 hours ago, thesibyl said:

@Kesha Since the price is included in the delivery, how about you show the customers what sellers actually get for themselves? This would be top notch transparency when they are evaluating our prices. For them to know that 1. We don't have control over the fee that Fiverr puts on top of our pricing (something that many clients have complained about because the price they pay is different from what they say) and also show out cut without the 20% fee that the platform takes, so that they are aware of how much we are actually getting. That would be transparency right there if they are going to judge our prices.

A good point. Buyers are usually horrified when they see I end up with only 75% of my stated fee, and a few are insulted that they think *I* add buyer fees on top; they don't even understand how the fees side of things works. Fiverr, be transparent and show the buyers exactly how much a seller will receive because it's way off what the buyers think we receive.

The exchange rate 'or something' (who knows what?) takes way more than the site even says to me it will at the point of drawing down earnings. I get shown a certain figure in GBP for my Fiverr balance, when when I draw it down, it's always 5-10% less on top of the 20% fee. The site is one colossal black hole, leaving me guessing how the heck it works or even IF it works.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, anniejenkinson said:

Buyers are usually horrified when they see I end up with only 75% of my stated fee, and a few are insulted that they think *I* add buyer fees on top; they don't even understand how the fees side of things works. Fiverr, be transparent and show the buyers exactly how much a seller will receive because it's way off what the buyers think we receive.

No disrespect intended to anyone, but these would have to be amongst the most naive buyers who are completely isolated from the way in which businesses operate. This is further evidenced that they are somehow confused as to Fiverr's fees and what you charge. Is this common for you?  In close to 5,000 orders filled, not once have I ever had anyone show the slightest interest in what my commission was, or what fees were Fiverr's vs mine, let alone become horrified.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 13
  • Up 3

14 hours ago, anniejenkinson said:

Fiverr, be transparent and show the buyers exactly how much a seller will receive because it's way off what the buyers think we receive.

To be fair, what business shows its profit margin to clients these days :)) It would be great, that way buyers would see how much we make instead of saying we overcharge. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, visualstudios said:

Literally every publicly traded company. Which Fiverr is.

Directly to clients when they buy something from them? I doubt that. 

Hey, I am selling you this product for $X, but I got it for $20 cheaper, yet here's how much I make off you 🙂 Sure, some companies show the yearly or quarterly profit, however the person I quoted, anniejenkinson, was mentioning she is upset because some buyers believe she is the one inflating the price, not Fiverr adding a fee on top of that. She said it would be great for buyers to know how much a seller makes from that transaction, which means Fiverr would have to disclose their profit margin for that transaction when buyers place an order. 

I haven't seen a company to show their profit margin to a client when they buy something 🙂Your response is in regards to publicly traded companies which are obliged to show yearly/quarterly profits. But in this case, I don't ever see Fiverr showing "hey, we get a $1 cut from each $5 the seller gets paid, etc".  

I would be amazed if a for-profit business shows that to their client directly when they buy something. 

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 11

It seems like Fiverr now calculates ratings based on the inputs selected by buyers, rather than letting them provide reviews and ratings freely. This might simplify the process for buyers, but it's not great for sellers like us who rely on fair feedback.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

anniejenkinson, was mentioning she is upset because some buyers believe she is the one inflating the price, not Fiverr adding a fee on top of that. She said it would be great for buyers to know how much a seller makes from that transaction, which means Fiverr would have to disclose their profit margin for that transaction when buyers place an order. 

They can know, it's public information. The fee is stated on purchase, and the TOS outlines the commission - and you should read the TOS when creating an account.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

They can know, it's public information. The fee is stated on purchase, and the TOS outlines the commission - and you should read the TOS when creating an account.

Theoretically. But as she said, who reads these things. People don't read gig descriptions, and from my experience, many buyers don't read the TOS. At least when it comes to writing, I have a LOT of students coming in all the time asking sellers to do their homework or yearly projects. It clearly says in the TOS no academic content, but few of them even read that. 

Getting back to the idea I quoted, I never see Fiverr showing that. Yes, you can try to research online and stuff like that. But Fiverr showing that to their buyer.. I don't ever see that happening. Unless of course, there's some legal requirement to do that in the future. Hey, until this year they were not forced to share our data/income with European tax authorities, now they started doing so to comply. But it's very unlikely..

• Like 13

55 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Theoretically. But as she said, who reads these things.

But that's where the argument ends. One cannot say, I didn't bother to read what I agreed to, so it's void once I discover what I actually did agree to. Ignorance is no defense, if it were, I'd tell the bank that I didn't understand my mortgage agreement, so my house is free, based on the legal precedent of "no fair." 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 12
  • Up 1

On 3/1/2024 at 4:45 AM, adanaik said:

@Kesha an explanation on the FLAGGED ACCOUNTS please!!!!

the CS is sending us BOT generated messages.

Hello @adanaik We understand this may be disappointing for you. On the Forum, I'm unable to provide answers to account-specific questions, but I'm happy to point you in the right direction. These account flags are only able to be addressed by our Customer Support team, or if applicable, your Customer Success Manager. If you are not satisfied with the explanation provided by our Customer Support, please ask them to escalate it further to a senior member.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

On 3/3/2024 at 4:08 AM, grayprogrammerz said:

@Kesha Do you mean "Success Score" will be based on previous 2 years ratings ?

Also will this score includes both private and public ratings ?

Between how this score is being calculated ? Is it based on no. of stars ? or AI learning from order/chat conservations ? or AI learning based on text review ?

@grayprogrammerz Yes, this is referring to the success score. For more information on how the success score works, visit here.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kesha said:

Hello @adanaik We understand this may be disappointing for you. On the Forum, I'm unable to provide answers to account-specific questions, but I'm happy to point you in the right direction. These account flags are only able to be addressed by our Customer Support team, or if applicable, your Customer Success Manager. If you are not satisfied with the explanation provided by our Customer Support, please ask them to escalate it further to a senior member.

Thank you @Kesha I will surely reach out the CS again. 10 days to go for me, else my TRS eligible account will be permanently in level 0, forever 🙂

• Like 7

I'm not sure if I missed it but when do I get more than a comment box and a 5 star system to review clients I work with?  If this is all about "transparency" shouldn't sellers know who they are really working with.  It might help them avoid bad experiences with buyers.  Is that coming soon?? 

• Like 9

On 2/28/2024 at 11:24 AM, tro2789 said:

Kesha,

This is not a solution to the problem. If anything it's making it worse. Throw the new system in the bin where it belongs. What problem is this even solving for Fiverr? You have so much data on customers already. Why include these vague questions that are proven to confuse buyers. I've had multiple reviews left where buyers have followed up with me stating they were confused by the review system and meant to leave something different than what appeared. How can you trust review data that comes from it if buyers themselves don't even understand the ratings they are giving? This is truly asinine and not indicative of nuanced and effective data analysis by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: To add to this, I've even had repeat customers give me lower ratings on these questions multiple times. This is to the point where I have stopped working with them because I need to put food on the table, and repeatedly low reviews out of confusion is just going to tank my score. Surely having to refuse repeat customers that indicate satisfaction with their buying behavior, despite the review system, is not actually serving them well if I have to protect my own rating and success score instead of serving them.

Same here

• Like 7